Author Topic: 2018 Football Committement  (Read 39013 times)

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Football Committement
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2017, 02:26:20 PM »
Another.

6-1, 265 DE DeMarko Craig from Central Catholic in Toledo. Had an offer from ISU as well.
I'd like to see this kid lose about 15# and move to LB.

No reason for him to move to LB. first off he’s too slow and LB is looking good for the next few years

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2017, 02:52:22 PM »
Another.

6-1, 265 DE DeMarko Craig from Central Catholic in Toledo. Had an offer from ISU as well.

No reason for him to move to LB. first off he’s too slow and LB is looking good for the next few years
lose 15# and  he would add some speed and he can play inside. He is too short for DE and too light for DT.
We lose our best LB this season and the best returner will be a senior, so lose our best LB next year also.  What does "looking good for the next few years" mean?  Mitchell looks like he is going to be solid, and Parks probably starts, but Pollard did -0- this year after coming in highly regarded.  You think solid for years and I don't even see who will start?   
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2017, 07:04:22 PM »
Another.

lose 15# and  he would add some speed and he can play inside. He is too short for DE and too light for DT.
We lose our best LB this season and the best returner will be a senior, so lose our best LB next year also.  What does "looking good for the next few years" mean?  Mitchell looks like he is going to be solid, and Parks probably starts, but Pollard did -0- this year after coming in highly regarded.  You think solid for years and I don't even see who will start?
Mitchell will start the next 3 years, You had AD starting next year with either Newell or Posey starting ath the Will.  It’s Pollock not Pollard.  Who sat out his first year because of a major concussion and he tore his hamstring the second week of camp but was a stud on scout team when he came back and made about every tackle on kickoff along side Metzel, who is going to be good. Pollock will play behind AD this year and will have 2 years left with Mitchell and Newell.  So like I said the LB’s are good off the next 3 years

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2017, 07:31:33 PM »
This kid is not moving to LB lol. He's a defensive lineman.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2017, 08:30:28 AM »
Yeah, a DL that is too short at 6-1 for DE and too small at 265 for DT.  Did you watch his HUDL video?  For a short pudgy kid, he moves sideline to sideline pretty well.  All I'm saying is if he loses 15lbs. and gains a couple tenths in the 40 he might see the field as ILB.  Otherwise, it's wedge blocking on kickoffs.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 09:00:28 AM »
Yeah, a DL that is too short at 6-1 for DE and too small at 265 for DT.  Did you watch his HUDL video?  For a short pudgy kid, he moves sideline to sideline pretty well.  All I'm saying is if he loses 15lbs. and gains a couple tenths in the 40 he might see the field as ILB.  Otherwise, it's wedge blocking on kickoffs.

Since when is 6-1 too short for DE ? There are plenty of shorter edge rushers. Losing 15 pounds is not gonna make him an ILB. How many 250 pound LB's do you know ? Ray Lewis when he played maybe... Lol.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 09:15:13 AM »

Since when is 6-1 too short for DE ? There are plenty of shorter edge rushers. Losing 15 pounds is not gonna make him an ILB. How many 250 pound LB's do you know ? Ray Lewis when he played maybe... Lol.
I can find more quality 250 ILB than 6-1 DEs.  At 265 he sits on the bench at DT and at 6-1 he sits at DE.  All I am saying is, if he wants to see the field, he better slim down and move to ILB.  His side to side mobility in HS, even at 265 is pretty good. 

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2017, 01:20:36 PM »
Find me a good LB who's 250 pounds in this level of football..... I'm not the coach but I find it hard to believe he's moving to LB. Redshirting next year regardless. We have some visitors coming to campus soon. Look for some more commitments.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2017, 01:55:52 PM »
Find me a good LB who's 250 pounds in this level of football..... I'm not the coach but I find it hard to believe he's moving to LB. Redshirting next year regardless. We have some visitors coming to campus soon. Look for some more commitments.
Nick DeLuca would be a good place to start.

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2017, 01:57:26 PM »
ISU has him listed at 6.0' 265.  Definitely too short foe DE. 

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2017, 02:31:45 PM »
ISU has him listed at 6.0' 265.  Definitely too short foe DE.
And a pudgy 265 at that.  This is a guy that can't bulk up, he's too heavy now, but chief knows all and if you doubt it, he'll tell you all about his infinite wisdom.  So I guess we'll have a 5*-11" maybe close to 6' fat DE, instead of shaping this guy up and using his ability as an ILB. 

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2017, 08:37:09 PM »
My Guess is the coaching staff may know where he fits in the best!!!! ::)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2017, 09:07:43 PM »
Nick DeLuca would be a good place to start.

Yeah he's listed at 6-3, 245. Doubt he stays at that weight during the season.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2017, 12:21:51 AM »
Have some JUCO visitors coming this weekend. Couple offensive and defensive lineman.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2017, 08:49:30 AM »
Have some JUCO visitors coming this weekend. Couple offensive and defensive lineman.
IMO we are desperate for OTs, but I'm pretty comfortable with the DL.  I looked at a site listing the top 110 prospects from JUCO schools and there were -0- QBs on the list.  That is VERY unusual, especially considering the way they throw the ball around in JUCOs, the QBs usually have great stats.  If we get a couple experienced JUCO OL that could help Cunningham/Craycraft a lot, because it doesn't look like we are going to get any help at QB from that channel.