Author Topic: Pitt Game  (Read 79759 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pitt Game
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2017, 02:55:37 PM »
Does any body if this game will be carried live on either local or cable TV . Last year's YSU-WV game was carried on Cable Channel Root TV.

I think it'll be on the ACC sports network if you get that channel.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2017, 10:13:16 AM »
Does any body if this game will be carried live on either local or cable TV . Last year's YSU-WV game was carried on Cable Channel Root TV.

I suspect it will still be on that channel, even if you don't get it!  Right Chief?
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2017, 10:21:43 AM »

I suspect it will still be on that channel, even if you don't get it!  Right Chief?

Right ;)

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2017, 09:28:50 AM »
The injuries are really starting to add up in the Pitt football camp. Several more starters will be out for the Y.S.U. game including their top running back

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2017, 11:22:30 AM »
The injuries are really starting to add up in the Pitt football camp. Several more starters will be out for the Y.S.U. game including their top running back
The top QB was out the last time in Pitt too.  QB is supposed to be a real stud, and they have to be licking their chops looking at our DE and CB situation.  3 weeks will tell
For all the talk about TV networks, I want to point out, tickets are cheap and Heinz Field is very close and our team could use the support!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2017, 04:35:52 PM »
Military (active and retired) active and retired first-respondents get up to 4 free tickets each to the game:

http://pittsburghpanthers.com/sb_output.aspx?form=22

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2017, 04:01:47 PM »
Anybody in need of tickets in the YSU section? I will have some extra seats near my group (some people have dropped out of coming). I will sell them to you for what I bought them for (very cheap). Send me a message if anybody's interested. Seats are in section 110 good view between the 40 and 50 year line.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2017, 04:06:57 PM »
I also have a group of tickets in section 108. Again, just let me know.

Offline pittsburghpenguin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2017, 07:16:38 PM »
Pitt has named Max Browne the starting QB. He's a grad transfer from USC.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2017, 09:28:28 AM »
Browne was not impressive at USC, that's why Darnold passed him up so easily. Pitt is missing a bunch of starters, and their prized recruit just showed up at camp and is going to start the season red shirting. If we can somewhat control LOS, then I like our chances to win. Also, as long as Hunter does not crap the bed.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2017, 10:15:59 AM »
Browne was not impressive at USC, that's why Darnold passed him up so easily. Pitt is missing a bunch of starters, and their prized recruit just showed up at camp and is going to start the season red shirting. If we can somewhat control LOS, then I like our chances to win. Also, as long as Hunter does not crap the bed.
Darnold might be #1 overall in NFL draft next spring, so you can still be pretty good and be behind him.  Remember Tom Brady was #2 at Michigan, and I don't think we could stop him. 
Their WRs are probably better, certainly more experienced than our DBs, so it all comes down to pass rush and the DEs.  We scored plenty the last 2 times in Pitt and against WVa last year too, so I do't worry about the O.  We are in club seats again, and there aren't many 'Quin supporters there! 

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2017, 10:29:53 AM »
Darnold is great. Browne has career 650 career passing yards in 11 career games. Count me as not impressed. Bring it on kid.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2017, 10:48:49 AM »
Darnold is great. Browne has career 650 career passing yards in 11 career games. Count me as not impressed. Bring it on kid.
Mop up stats can be deceiving.  He was 69 for 112 62% and 6 yards per attempt 2 TD and 0 INT.  Be careful what you wish for. 

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2017, 11:39:10 AM »
Darnold might be #1 overall in NFL draft next spring, so you can still be pretty good and be behind him.  Remember Tom Brady was #2 at Michigan, and I don't think we could stop him. 
Their WRs are probably better, certainly more experienced than our DBs, so it all comes down to pass rush and the DEs.  We scored plenty the last 2 times in Pitt and against WVa last year too, so I do't worry about the O.  We are in club seats again, and there aren't many 'Quin supporters there!

I got tickets around 50 yards line directly behind the YSU bench. I am going to have to put up with all the verbal abuses against our bench the whole game. They might come after me and my YSU gear at the same time.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2017, 11:47:14 AM »

I got tickets around 50 yards line directly behind the YSU bench. I am going to have to put up with all the verbal abuses against our bench the whole game. They might come after me and my YSU gear at the same time.
Honestly in 3 games in the club seats we've had pretty good treatment.  We don't chant "Pittsburgh sucks" and they’ve been reasonable in return.   The second half of the game we won there, we had the section pretty much to ourselves!  Here’s hoping for a repeat of that!