Author Topic: COUNTDOWN TO FOOTBALL SEASON!  (Read 125921 times)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: COUNTDOWN TO FOOTBALL SEASON!
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2017, 08:47:21 AM »

OK rocket scientist you seem to know how bad the DE situation is so I'll step back and watch  ;D I never said they were the answer but I don't think DE is as bad as you all think just because YSU had two guys drafted into the NFL Geesh!!! Rivers is a good one but Moss was hurt quite a bit so his loss is 50/50. NDSU has playerselli I  drafted mostly every year and they don't miss a step.
[/quote]
I don't claim any scientific status, but I can read, and understand a little of what I read, and I read your post touting post 2 guys that have done NOTHING in 2 years each as replacements for the best 2 DE's every to suit up for YSU.  Some guys worry about CB's.  Want to help the CB's?  The answer is DE's!  All I am saying is in this era of spread offenses, if you don't pressure the QB you are going to be torched.  NOBODY can cover WR all day.  If the QB can sit back and survey the field, you are going to get beat and our DE's are highly suspect.  I have expectations for Reed, the kid from FL, but you need a rotation of at least 2 and I see us as 2 short.
[/quote]

I do not have any insider information. Is it possible (when Pellini was asked that question) that Pellini did not express concerns was because he knew the kid from FL would be coming in and he might have additional DE transferring in from D-1A?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2017, 10:12:54 AM »
Hey guys, Pelini has been here a couple years now.  If you haven't noticed by now, he NEVER says ANYTHING, when asked a question about ANYTHING.  NO coach worth a damn is going to say, "oh boy, the quys we have back look like sh** and we are in big trouble at DE."   EVERYBODY says "next man up" etc. but they know where the weaknesses are.  You think they went after Reed because Bo though they would have very little dropoff?  They went after Reed big time because they knew they had little to nothing back and a couple recruits that are 25 lbs. and a year away.  It's called "coach speak".  One of the reasons Bo likes YSU is the press here buys the coach speak, the guys in Nebraska called him on it.  Go back and listen to what he said about media day here vs. the Big 10.  MUCH easier at 1AA
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2017, 02:51:21 PM »
Here's another "D" guy I think might make an impact Jonathan Pollock. Transfer from Rutgers didn't play at RU but has one hell of a HS resume from FL.

Anybody know about Malik Richmond? Steubenville BR kid that transferred back and sat out last year because of it.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2017, 09:35:10 PM »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2017, 11:09:02 PM »
Pollock had a concussion last year and redshirted. We are loaded at LB so we'll see.

Mr. Malik was the one involved in the rape case down there in Steubenville.... So.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 06:31:40 PM by ytownchief22 »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2017, 03:27:55 PM »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2017, 10:38:23 AM »
I ask myself this question the other day. How many FCS (1AA) Championship's have been won with a combination like Rivers and Moss? I couldn't really come up with any other then Kyle Emanuel who is now a linebacker with the Chargers. Bo's comments on the DE's and secondary after spring camp i believe is accurate. Getting the Florida transfer was obviously a need for starting purposes and or Depth. Everyone just needs to relax, the defense will be able to bend a little and hopefully not break..They will have a very strong offense behind them that will produce and take some pressure off tbeir shoulders. I say we win 2 out of 3 against NDSU, SDSU, and Illinois St. at home and share the MVC and return to the playoffs!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2017, 12:12:59 PM »
Pollock had a concussion last year and redshirted. We are loaded at LB so we'll see.

Mr. Malik was the one involved in the rape case down there in Steubenville.... So.

Any further news on Richmond Chief? I work with 3 Big Red fans/former players here in Columbus and they are high on him. They said he needed to spend time back home under care of parents/guardian. Then I read the victim recanted her story and a judge agreed she would not face charges, instead he wanted a paper no less than 10-pages in length explaining and apologizing. Mays still had an issue of a naked minor photo being on his phone.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 12:21:00 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2017, 12:45:55 PM »
Not sure of all the details about him but he is a talented kid and seemed to have pay his dues. We'll see.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2017, 01:10:08 PM »
IAA Fan,

Your co-workers are feeding you something from an alternative universe.  There is a VIDEO of this semi-conscious girl being violated and literally dragged along by her assailants.  A crowd, later identified as including more Steubenville football players, gathered around and cheered.  Sorry, this guy has no business on our football team.

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2017, 02:15:43 PM »
Wick250:  I fully agree this guy per my Steubenville sources should not be on are team!!!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2017, 03:36:09 PM »
I also agree with you wick. Reno felt he deserved a second chance and the fans cheered when Richmond took the field. That's kind of how they roll down there along the river. That case was much worse then the public will ever know. I noticed he is listed as a DT on our roster. If he's on the team he will more then likely be DE
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 04:22:44 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2017, 04:40:42 PM »
I doubt he ever sees the field. Practice body.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2017, 07:03:54 PM »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2017, 10:23:13 AM »