Author Topic: Basketball Announces 2017-18 Non-Horizon League Slate  (Read 10910 times)

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Basketball Announces 2017-18 Non-Horizon League Slate
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2017, 10:08:37 AM »
go guins:

A very good rebuttal. JT has done a magnificent job since taking the reins.

Thanks JT for all you have done!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2017, 10:21:54 AM »
go guins:

A very good rebuttal. JT has done a magnificent job since taking the reins.

Thanks JT for all you have done!
Thanks
The enrollment up for the first time in more than a decade.  Finances back under control.  Sports programs moving ahead and doing great in almost every sport.  That Strollo is a hell of a guy, isn’t he?
Although I dig at 1AA on Strollo, I do not think he is useless, but to give him credit for the turnaround of major sports after a dozen years of his abysmal leadership is unacceptable, IMO.  Pelini is here because of Tressel, NOT Strollo, Calhoun is here because of Tressel, NOT Strollo.  To believe otherwise is naive.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2017, 12:19:06 PM »
Who is disparaging ANYTHING JT has done? I have always admired everything he has done. The man is your (and my) university president; outside of maybe the head of the board of trustees and the provost, the most powerful person in administration. I am simply giving credit to the right individuals. This conversion is about sports, not the university as a whole. Calhoun ...what does JT have to do with that hiring? Nothing & you know that. Calhoun is only slightly higher in stature than his predecessor. Pelini? Who was up all night before and right up to (during and after) the press conference talking with people as to what (if anything) Nebraska was going to do to Pelini for his commentary to his former Cornhusker players? It sure as heck was not JT, it was Strollo doing his job.

Don't for one second think that coach P helped anyone with his mouth. Had Strollo told Tressel the issue was serious, JT would not have introduced Pelini. In short JT introduced Pelini, the rest is all Strollo ...from the initial attorney's call to the contract signing. (This includes delicate negotiations with Nebraska). The same goes for Calhoun. It is you people that refuse to acknowledge what Strollo has done and continues to do for your school. Between Tressel and Strollo, you regard one as a Saint and the other a sinner. Well folks, there are not too many Saints banned from coaching by the NCAA. Ron Strollo is no Saint either ...far from. The truth is they are both good people somewhere in between.

I used to be embarrassed to bring anyone to YSU football games and show them anything but the stadium. Anyone here who does not say the same is simply lying to themselves and us. Now we walk around and see facilities that were never even dreamed. WATTS cost considerably more than the million dollars that Tressel's in-laws donated, yet you want to credit him for the whole building. IT was Strollo that had to pay for WATTS, the Rec Center and academic buildings with monies that were once targeted for athletics. Then when monies opened back up Strollo almost single-handily reshaped the campus and large portion of the city in the process. It was Strollo that gave us the NCAA title-X compliance that we were sorely lacking because AD Tressel (and his predecessor Malmusar) ignored it, falsely thinking it would just go away). It was (and is) Strollo that almost completely rebuilt women's athletics, saved two men's sports set for extinction ... thus making our athletic programs solid enough to move into any conference. Strollo moved us into a new conference (credit JT for starting it), gave us better scheduling (especially football which had a bad reputation in that area). It was Strollo that gave us post-season basketball but you people were just too ready to attack him for it ...because it was not the NCAA tourney (and many of you are the same type of fans that will attack us is we ever make the NIT instead). So why do you want to credit JT for so many of Strollo's accomplishments. The amount of $$$ that Strollo has brought this university is far more than anything JT has has ever brought and Tress will need to be president for a long time before that ever reverses itself.

Strollo is simply a local boy that has dedicated most of his adult life to YSU from the time he was a player, to becoming executive AD. He has the right system in place for the Guins to succeed now and in the future. SO what more do you want from him? He is responsible for everything you love and hate in YSU sports.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2017, 04:16:55 PM »

1AA you are simply delusional.
“Who is disparaging ANYTHING JT has done?” 
In a word?  YOU!!  Good grief, YOU ARE THE PERSON, ON YOUR OWN BLOG, WHO IS CREDITING STROLLO WITH THE WATTS CENTER.  I, on the other hand, rightly give the credit to JT and his extended family. You think Pelini or Calhoun would be here if JT wasn’t the President?  If you do, you are simply don't know how business works, and don't make the mistake of thinking of YSU as anything but a business.   
How soon do we get back to football, so you can start telling me how great Ricky and whomever else can throw the football.  If you go back and check, YOU had Hunter 4 string and I said he should start from spring ball of 2016.  Turns out you don’t know as much as you thought.  Even Calhoun said publicly the JT was the key guy.
You simply have a man-crush on Strollo.  LOOK AT HIS RECORD BEFORE JT CAME BACK... In a word: ABYSMAL, Since JT's return, GREAT.  (Secret, it's Tressel!) 
Strollo rebuilt the campus??  WTF are you talking about?  You list the President of the Trustees #1 the Provost #2 and the lowly president #3 (Dr. Abraham is listed as Provost and VP for Academic Affairs, which hardly seems higher ranking the Pres.) and yet you credit the AD (the same ******** that sent the Frisco tickets back to JMU) as rebuilding the whole campus?  Seriously?
Don't get me wrong.  Pelini is an ass, and at some point it will come back and bite us a bit, but we PLAYED FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!  In his 12 years prior what did Strollo do?  Barely ever made the playoffs.   MBB, POOR, WBB better but headed downhill in last few years before JT.
It seems to me the "local boy, dedicating his life to YSU" counts a TON with you.  Lots of incompetent and semi-competent dedicated people.  I want "DOERS!"

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2017, 07:20:19 PM »

I want "DOERS!"

Yet you ignore the one you have & then call me delusional? You know I was not aware that WATTS cost only 2mil to build. Want to discuss the importance of positions in the university? Feel free, as if I truly care? My college is an academic institution first ...of course the Provost is elevated above university preseident ....it is simply respect. Do I think Calhoun and Pelini would be here if it was not for Tressel? No & no. He never would have made the Pelini mistake and we would have replaced Slocum 2 years earlier than we did, so Calhoun probably would not have been available.

You think a man walks on water & I think another man is good at his job ... So who has the "man-crush"?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2017, 08:25:35 AM »

I want "DOERS!"

Yet you ignore the one you have & then call me delusional? You know I was not aware that WATTS cost only 2mil to build. Want to discuss the importance of positions in the university? Feel free, as if I truly care? My college is an academic institution first ...of course the Provost is elevated above university preseident ....it is simply respect. Do I think Calhoun and Pelini would be here if it was not for Tressel? No & no. He never would have made the Pelini mistake and we would have replaced Slocum 2 years earlier than we did, so Calhoun probably would not have been available.

You think a man walks on water & I think another man is good at his job ... So who has the "man-crush"?
My man-crush is directed at the genius that is Jim Tressel, not some send back the tickets AD that is a leader of also rans and never were.  I read your posts and you know what, I think you actually believe Slocum, Abraham, et al are more valuable to YSU than is Jim Tressel.  You are seriously wrong and I almost feel sorry for you in your state of utter delusion.  I wonder what color the clouds are in your world?  Anyway.  By until football season (maybe)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2017, 03:44:18 PM »
Only 2 more weeks Go!!