YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Preseason football poll

(1/2) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/athlon-sports-preseason-fcs-top-25-2017 Just feel this is a real smack in the face after finishing runners up from a year ago with a good amount of talent returning. Good bulletin board material for the locker room☺

Wick250:
I have no problem seeing JMU, NDSU, and SDSU ranked ahead of us.  But Eastern Washington and Jacksonville State, two teams that we beat on the road and two teams that play no defense?  Add Sam Houston State and their legendary lack of any defense and, most insulting of all, Lehigh from the Patriot League.  You are right Fever.  We should already be highly motivated.  This insult should fuel our passion.

ytownchief22:
If you think about it, we lost a lot of talent. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. 2 NFL draft picks, several others signed to NFL camps. The best DE duo this school will probably ever see.

IAA Fan:
To me Athlon is always the least respected poll. However, they need to pick teams from all conferences at the top, no matter what we say or think. It is not now, nor ever been the top-25 teams. It is the top team in each conference first, then they round out the rest will individual picks. That being said I do not see JMU or NDSU in the title game. I want to finish 3rd in the conference as 1&2 do not face OVC and SoCon teams early and 4 may not go at all.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on June 07, 2017, 02:13:07 PM --- I want to finish 3rd in the conference as 1&2 do not face OVC and SoCon teams early and 4 may not go at all.

--- End quote ---
Seriously? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version