Author Topic: Other Penguins in the NFL for 2017?  (Read 9871 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Other Penguins in the NFL for 2017?
« on: April 29, 2017, 03:48:09 PM »
I am hearing scuttlebutt that Moss might go late in the draft to the Atlanta Falcons by way of NY Giants. They said this is such an OLB/DE-heavy draft, but everyone is going after corners & TE's. The Falcons were mixed on Derek Rivers & let him slide to NE.  Probably a good move as Derek may need some time and the Falcons need someone for this year. I also hear that David Rivers has already received a free-agent offer ...if this is true, my gut tells me it is the Panthers, Falcons, or the Patriots.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 03:49:54 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Other Penguins in the NFL for 2017?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 04:39:20 PM »
Moss has already been chose in the 5th round by the Giants.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 06:34:35 PM by ytownchief22 »

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 05:41:53 PM »
Think moss went to the giants right?

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 07:33:58 PM »
I am hearing scuttlebutt that Moss might go late in the draft to the Atlanta Falcons by way of NY Giants. They said this is such an OLB/DE-heavy draft, but everyone is going after corners & TE's. The Falcons were mixed on Derek Rivers & let him slide to NE.  Probably a good move as Derek may need some time and the Falcons need someone for this year. I also hear that David Rivers has already received a free-agent offer ...if this is true, my gut tells me it is the Panthers, Falcons, or the Patriots.

IAA, Do you think the Giants plans to trade Moss to the Falcons after the draft?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 08:36:51 PM »
David Rivers signed with the GB Packers.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 01:31:39 AM »

IAA, Do you think the Giants plans to trade Moss to the Falcons after the draft?

I don't really know. I was reading about player visits & all 3 (Rivers, Rivers and Moss) went to Atlanta. Falcons fans were saying that Derek Rivers would be gone & that for Moss they could move picks with NYG ...that did not happen, they took him. Must have been the Giants wanted him all along.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 07:14:29 AM »

Thanks. Since both teams are in the Eateren time zone, we will have a better chance to watch them play on TV than if they were drafted by the West coast teams.

I don't really know. I was reading about player visits & all 3 (Rivers, Rivers and Moss) went to Atlanta. Falcons fans were saying that Derek Rivers would be gone & that for Moss they could move picks with NYG ...that did not happen, they took him. Must have been the Giants wanted him all along.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 08:46:13 AM »
Tribune reported that Colucci was picked up by Carolina Panthers.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 08:16:47 PM »
Its true. So four players made it to the NFL, thats a pretty good showing for the penguins  8)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 10:34:42 PM »
Its true. So four players made it to the NFL, thats a pretty good showing for the penguins  8)

Yes. It was good news. I thought Leroy Alexander could have a shot at NFL. Apparently, it did not happen. I wonder if it has anything to do with his suspension during the playoff.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 11:03:40 AM »
Jody Webb at San Diego Chargers Rookie Camp  8)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 12:26:33 PM »

Yes. It was good news. I thought Leroy Alexander could have a shot at NFL. Apparently, it did not happen. I wonder if it has anything to do with his suspension during the playoff.

The fact that he was suspended at Nebraska and at YSU would scare teams away.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 03:16:46 PM »
I stand corrected as Leroy was just signed by the Arizona Cardinals for rookie minicamp.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 04:50:40 PM »
I stand corrected as Leroy was just signed by the Arizona Cardinals for rookie minicamp.

I am glad the Cardinals has given him a shot. He was a hard hitter and had a good read on the O. He was frequently at the right time in the right place. I would like him to have better speed.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2017, 09:31:33 AM »

I am glad the Cardinals has given him a shot. He was a hard hitter and had a good read on the O. He was frequently at the right time in the right place. I would like him to have better speed.
You're right on the money with your assessment of Alexander.  IF he would have had more speed, he'd be a draft, choice not a free agent!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!