Author Topic: Basketball Commits  (Read 70312 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Basketball Commits
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2017, 08:33:44 PM »
Farmer signed with an agent and is entering in the draft. He's unable to return to college.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2017, 09:26:52 PM »
Farmer signed with an agent and is entering in the draft. He's unable to return to college.

Thanks chief,I guess he'll be getting paid over seas.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2017, 10:41:35 PM »
Noe' Anabir from Mesa CC has committed. 6-8 forward. Originally from Switzerland.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2017, 02:01:38 PM »
Noe' Anabir from Mesa CC has committed. 6-8 forward. Originally from Switzerland.

Much needed big man.   He only averaged 9pts and 5 reb per game but that's a little deceptive since he only played 17 minutes a game on a team where their leading scorer averaged 13 pts a game while averaging 19 minutes which was the most on the team.  Looks like Mesa cc coach played everyone.

Anabir should get a lot of minutes along with Haygood.  They're are only bigs.

Offline jbags

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2017, 08:55:50 PM »
Another 6'11" kid from Cali commited...told you Calhoun had guys waiting for scholarships..cant wait to get this thing rolling

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2017, 08:57:18 PM »
Alex Wilbourn, a 6-11 C from San Diego City College has committed. Long and lean. More of a face up forward than a post up. Seems like he runs pretty well. Should fit the system.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2017, 09:15:17 PM »
Alex Wilbourn, a 6-11 C from San Diego City College has committed. Long and lean. More of a face up forward than a post up. Seems like he runs pretty well. Should fit the system.

It's like Christmas in May.   Is there any more room at the inn ?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 09:35:28 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2017, 09:23:22 PM »
One more scholarship remaining.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2017, 09:47:42 PM »
Do you know how many more years of eligibility does he still have at YSU?

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2017, 09:59:40 PM »
Do you know how many more years of eligibility does he still have at YSU?

He should have 2 years.  He was listed as a sophomore at San Diego CC.

That's 8 new players Calhoun has brought in with one sitting out as a transfer.  This has to be the largest incoming class in YSU history.   These guys are going to need name tags at there 1st practice.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2017, 10:30:34 PM »
This is the type of recruiting efforts and energy toward the BB program that should have been going on all along.  This is exciting stuff!

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2017, 11:17:37 PM »
I'm not really surprised to see Williams & Rosic go.  I thought early in the season Williams was going to be a huge pickup for YSU.  He was very impressive in the Akron win, but he just never seemed to recover from his injury...same with Rosic.  Neither just mentally seemed to be in the game at times.  Rosic seemed slow and confused at times when he had the ball.  Honestly doesn't even seem like a Division I athlete.  Williams seemed to make to many mental mistakes, which was disappointing because it seemed like he had the talent. 

I really did like Latin Davis, and am disappointed to see him go with 2 years left.  He seemed like a great person and was very exciting at times to watch.  He impressed me with what he could at his size.  He did seem to be inconsistent though and I wondered if he'd stick around. 

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2017, 02:36:23 PM »
Wilbourn is going to be a nice addition .   He needs to continue to add muscle but if you watch his high school sr video and contrast that to his 2nd year at CC it's like two different guys.  He has added strength and athleticism. Whether it's being 2 years older or he got in the weight room or both.
We're not at this point going to get a 4 star or 5 star guys so coach needs to finds these overlooked players with upside and I hope he has.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2017, 03:26:48 PM »
Getting more and more excited.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2017, 09:36:45 AM »
I think style has much to do with it. In an up-tempo offense, you have to shoot fast and accuracy suffers. Yet you hope the number of shots makes up for the lower in-basket percentage. How do the basketball experts on the board see this new style impacting fouls? Will we have more or less? The same but maybe more away from the ball?
The reason to run an up tempo offense is the get the ball up court before the defense is set.  It should RAISE not lower shooting percentages.  Fouls are basicly defensive in nature and the style of offense shouldn't make much difference, but the negative would be higher turnovers. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!