Author Topic: Basketball Commits  (Read 69499 times)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Basketball Commits
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2017, 02:26:26 PM »
http://www.tribtoday.com/sports/sport-columns/2017/05/ysu-shows-full-court-press-in-recruiting/

John Vargo  is killing it at the Warren Tribune with off season YSU basketball info.   Vindy,not so much.
I subscribed to both papers. Vargo has the most extensive coverage on MBB. I seems to recall he has expressed his main interests in basketball.

Vindy has better coverage in football. However, Tribune had had good football special articles if star players were from Trumbull county (especially Warren Harding).

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2017, 02:55:28 PM »
Great article by John Vargo; this puts a little more enthusiasm in the penguin basketball program.

Thanks John for the good and welcomed coverage!!! 

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2017, 04:00:55 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emzd7a_WxnY

Little insight on coach Calhoun's press conference.    It's May 23rd and I'm pumped about YSU basketball.

Coach talks about some of the recruits and they'll all be on campus on June 8th.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2017, 06:40:14 PM »
I love this coach. All about the community and getting everyone involved. 100% excitement all the time. About the complete opposite of the former coach.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2017, 09:20:40 AM »
Has kind of the same attitude toward the press is the POTUS!  I know that isn't fair, but "come to practice, the door is always open, and we want you to be there and be around these kids" it the way it ought to be.  Guy knows who he is, and what he wants to do, that's for sure.  Don't think I want to participate in any of these practices.  All I hear from him is lifting weights, getting stronger, and running 40 solid minutes!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2017, 10:03:22 AM »
Deandre Murphy has opened his recruitment back up and will no longer be walking on here.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2017, 06:33:16 PM »
Coach Calhoun and his staff have been seriously busy with a ton of offers.  Not sure if previous staffs have offered this many.   Check out the link and look at all the players offered.  It's overwhelming.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/youngstown-state

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2017, 10:44:09 PM »
This staff is very active! Like it.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 18, 2017, 09:53:41 AM »
Coach Calhoun and his staff have been seriously busy with a ton of offers.  Not sure if previous staffs have offered this many.   Check out the link and look at all the players offered.  It's overwhelming.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/youngstown-state
If they all accept we'll probably be on NCAA probation for a decade! (I know, I know, just joking)
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Svoboda

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2017, 11:17:22 AM »
As an Indiana State fan, I really wanted Naz so congrats on that snag. I think he is gonna be a player.