Author Topic: Athletic Spending  (Read 3744 times)

Offline gbs20

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Athletic Spending
« on: March 22, 2017, 09:02:20 AM »
Interesting numbers...the situation is much more complicated that the article implies but the first place to start is with data..

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2017/03/the_money_behind_the_cost_of_c.html#incart_river_home

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Athletic Spending
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 02:13:09 PM »
The Cleveland paper researches and publishes these figures every year.  Once again they indicate that YSU has a reasonable and responsible sports budget while the Ohio MAC schools squander many millions in their delusional quest to be considered Big Time programs. 

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 02:18:05 PM »
The Cleveland paper researches and publishes these figures every year.  Once again they indicate that YSU has a reasonable and responsible sports budget while the Ohio MAC schools squander many millions in their delusional quest to be considered Big Time programs.
I don't often agree with you Wick, but I do here.  This MAC thing is a travesty perpetrated on the Ohio taxpayers.  Would LOVE a IAA conference including Ohio MAC schools, YSU and Buffalo.  That would be IDEAL for all involved!
The chances of dealing with the "big time" egos among those schools?  What is less than -0-? 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 09:47:41 AM »
I would like to know why they just slide right past required women's sports and the obvious impact it has on revenue losses.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 02:12:26 PM »
I would like to know why they just slide right past required women's sports and the obvious impact it has on revenue losses.
That's easy.  Because to do so would be highly politically incorrect!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!