Author Topic: Tropical Bowl / Daytona Beach / Ruiz Offensive MVP  (Read 17377 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Tropical Bowl / Daytona Beach / Ruiz Offensive MVP
« on: January 24, 2017, 09:01:14 AM »
I missed this game and just read about it on AGS.  Webb and Ruiz were two of the top four rushers in this game.  Webb returned the opening kick and rushed on the first play.  Ruiz (apparently his suspension doesn't apply to this game) had the first rush for the American team, and was named the offensive MVP.  He had the longest rushing play and most rushing yards/play.

Great representation of Penguin FB in this All Star game in front of NFL and CFL scouts...who must be sitting on the camera side  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzCuFKNLnxo

http://www.tropicalbowl.com/news/tropical-bowl-players-shine-in-daytona-in-front-of
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Tropical Bowl / Daytona Beach / Ruiz Offensive MVP
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 09:51:52 AM »
I don't know how others feel about this, but I will never forgive Ruiz and the rest of that irresponsible group for betraying their teammates and crippling our team during the playoffs.  Happy for Webb, could care less about Ruiz.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 10:16:48 AM »
I don't know how others feel about this, but I will never forgive Ruiz and the rest of that irresponsible group for betraying their teammates and crippling our team during the playoffs.  Happy for Webb, could care less about Ruiz.
Agreed.  I didn't watch these highlights after Jody's opening kickoff return, as I don't care.  Ruiz would have been a HUGE help in the playoffs and finished as the #1 Rusher in YSU history and been an icon forever, IF he didn't put a priority on getting high over his teammates. 
I also feel bad for Avery Moss and his ankle.  You don’t get much opportunity to showcase your stuff for the scouts and he is obviously still hurting. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 11:04:45 AM »
Good for Martin and Jody!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 11:25:52 AM »
I don't fully understand the reasons for the suspensions. Ruiz was pulled over for a bullsh-- infraction of failing to use a turn signal, and then the LEO searched his car after prolly manufacturing a claim of smelling marijuana, and finds a gun and marijuana.  Finding marijuana is like finding a cell phone...its literally everywhere.  If the Second Amendment mattered, finding a gun would be meaningless.  So all of that is BS.  It's the result of BS laws being enforced by people in magic blue costumes, not IMO, any fault of Ruiz.  Was Ruiz also involved in failed drug tests? idk.

What did the suspended players test positive for?  PEDs?  Marijuana?  Both are as common as candy, so I don't fault them too much. At least with PEDs they were trying to improve their performance on behalf of the team. PEDs should be banned tho in collegiate athletics.  They can have long term adverse effects.  Marijuana shouldn't even be an issue.  However, in exchange for a scholarship, there are rules attached, and those rules need to be followed, even if the rules (like testing for MJ) are BS.

It's unfortunate, and those that failed their drug tests screwed up....but I'd fault quitting on your team after losing your starting job long before I'd fault anything these four players did.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 11:39:03 AM »
I don't fully understand the reasons for the suspensions. Ruiz was pulled over for a bullsh-- infraction of failing to use a turn signal, and then the LEO searched his car after prolly manufacturing a claim of smelling marijuana, and finds a gun and marijuana.  Finding marijuana is like finding a cell phone...its literally everywhere.  If the Second Amendment mattered, finding a gun would be meaningless.  So all of that is BS.  It's the result of BS laws being enforced by people in magic blue costumes, not IMO, any fault of Ruiz.  Was Ruiz also involved in failed drug tests? idk.

What did the suspended players test positive for?  PEDs?  Marijuana?  Both are as common as candy, so I don't fault them too much. At least with PEDs they were trying to improve their performance on behalf of the team. PEDs should be banned tho in collegiate athletics.  They can have long term adverse effects.  Marijuana shouldn't even be an issue.  However, in exchange for a scholarship, there are rules attached, and those rules need to be followed, even if the rules (like testing for MJ) are BS.

It's unfortunate, and those that failed their drug tests screwed up....but I'd fault quitting on your team after losing your starting job long before I'd fault anything these four players did.
never miss a shot, do you hater?

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 11:46:50 AM »

No hate.   Just respect for those who give Penguin FB their heart and soul, even if they partake in a little MJ....and also adding a little perspective if we are throwing stones around.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 11:55:09 AM »

No hate.   Just respect for those who give Penguin FB their heart and soul, even if they partake in a little MJ....and also adding a little perspective if we are throwing stones around.
heart and sole including carrying guns and smoking MJ even though they know full well it is against the rules and against the law?  haters make no sense.  ok for your bromance ruiz but dump the hate the qb huh?  you say, "no hate" and I say liar.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 12:06:42 PM »

heart and sole including carrying guns and smoking MJ even though they know full well it is against the rules and against the law?  haters make no sense.  ok for your bromance ruiz but dump the hate the qb huh?  you say, "no hate" and I say liar.

Prohibition of a plant is a f'in immoral and racist travesty that destroys lives way more than the plant ever could.  Martin may have trouble finding a job because of this FUBAR law.  I wrote a post about the asinine drug war:

http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php/topic,13427.0.html

Nothing that happened that night in Tallmadge makes me think less of Martin.  I actually feel sorry for him.

It's interesting that it's ok to launch stones at a productive player who played with passion, but not one who quit.  Just seems inconsistent is all.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 12:23:56 PM »

Prohibition of a plant is a f'in immoral and racist travesty that destroys lives way more than the plant ever could.  Martin may have trouble finding a job because of this FUBAR law.  I wrote a post about the asinine drug war:

http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php/topic,13427.0.html

Nothing that happened that night in Tallmadge makes me think less of Martin.  I actually feel sorry for him.

It's interesting that it's ok to launch stones at a productive player who played with passion, but not one who quit.  Just seems inconsistent is all.
Laws & rules that you honor are yours to pick and choose? And of course guns don't matter either? 
Quit?  Request a tranfer for a better team fit isn't a quit in my book, only doing what is best for your career and education.  If he would have quit, we would have finished maybe 6-5 and missed the playoffs for an 11th consecutive year instead of a remarkable playoff run to the national finals.
You must be a Democrat, with the ability to pick and choose what laws & rules you follow and which you ignore?  I guess going forward; should we refer to you as Barack Hussain Nation? 

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 01:35:14 PM »
Laws & rules that you honor are yours to pick and choose? And of course guns don't matter either? 
Quit?  Request a tranfer for a better team fit isn't a quit in my book, only doing what is best for your career and education.  If he would have quit, we would have finished maybe 6-5 and missed the playoffs for an 11th consecutive year instead of a remarkable playoff run to the national finals.
You must be a Democrat, with the ability to pick and choose what laws & rules you follow and which you ignore?  I guess going forward; should we refer to you as Barack Hussain Nation?

lol.  hilarious.  I actually believe in self-governance/anarchy.

You've misrepresented what transpired this season but no biggie.  Calling me a Dem was the bigger miss.  :D

ytowngirl

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2017, 01:57:58 PM »

I agree with this.  Sounds like he was pulled over for driving while black. 

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2017, 02:07:38 PM »
Really the guy was hanging with a known felon that just got released from prison out in a strange town doing whatever while we are on a playoff run.  Don't feel sorry for stupid.  If any team wastes their time on him. They are just as stupid.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 02:15:44 PM »
I can't believe some of the posts on here... Wow.

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 09:38:44 AM »
Guys/Gals, I removed 3 posts related to race; let's stick to YSU football. Ruiz is a Penguin and everyone has a right to comment on his actions.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 04:33:58 PM by IAA Fan »