Author Topic: Patrick Pelini offered by NDSU  (Read 24107 times)

ValleyTalk

Re: Patrick Pelini offered by NDSU
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2017, 09:21:36 PM »
Me reading this thread right now:

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2017, 08:52:10 AM »
Both Chris Klieman and Brock Spack have a history of recruiting smart football players that are athletes and show versatility at playing different positions. There are tons of players in the MVC that border between the Division 2 and FCS level coming out of high school. Both NDS and Illinois st. have recruiting wars all the time and have a tendency to go after each other's players. Just because patrick didn't have tons of D-2 offers or a single FCS offer before Illinois st. really means nothing. I believe Wells for example had one D-2 offer before ours..the rest is history
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 08:55:00 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2017, 10:49:37 AM »
Both Chris Klieman and Brock Spack have a history of recruiting smart football players that are athletes and show versatility at playing different positions. There are tons of players in the MVC that border between the Division 2 and FCS level coming out of high school. Both NDS and Illinois st. have recruiting wars all the time and have a tendency to go after each other's players. Just because patrick didn't have tons of D-2 offers or a single FCS offer before Illinois st. really means nothing. I believe Wells for example had one D-2 offer before ours..the rest is history

Based on what I saw on film he doesn't have the speed.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2017, 12:04:21 PM »

Based on what I saw on film he doesn't have the speed.
That's what I thought about Armand Dellavade at first and he's still one of the smaller and slower LB'S in the conference, but the most instinctive. He probably knows what the offense is going to do before they even do it. Coaches also look at football minds and having Bo as your dad certainly doesn't hurt his cause

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2017, 12:38:48 PM »
True Fever ...look at Narduzzi's son. Came here to play for dad, not a big time prospect and became a 3-year all-American, highly successful and sought after coach & now the HC of Pitt.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2017, 01:24:09 PM »
Speaking of Armand. He had surgery to repair a torn Labrum

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2017, 03:47:00 PM »

Thanks for the info Ice ...sounds scary. Was it shoulder or hip? Any idea how bad?

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2017, 04:01:36 PM »

Thanks for the info Ice ...sounds scary. Was it shoulder or hip? Any idea how bad?

Shoulder. Will probably miss the spring

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2017, 04:09:58 PM »
We have good LB depth. Let him rest up.

ytowngirl

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2017, 12:21:53 AM »

Shoulder. Will probably miss the spring

Yikes this is what killed my Navy career.  I hope he can heal completely from it.