Author Topic: Ice Castle Club Level?  (Read 28246 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Castle Club Level?
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2017, 11:07:10 AM »
Would've been nice to have it done this year coming off an appearance in the national championship. Wonder how different its going to look from the renderings when the announcement was first made ?

Offline ysuseasonticket

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2017, 12:43:44 PM »
Construction will be delayed for a year.  A new design featuring a far better looking East Side than the original plans.  New architectural drawings highlight the use of metal facing and glass. The look will be so much better than the present plans. Drawing and specifications are being ordered. Completion date will be the start of the 2018 football season.

I agree with everyone else by doing it right. I hope we get to see the new drawings when they are completed though. The last big outside project at The Ice Castle was the new scoreboard and that turned out great, so the eastside press box will be worth the wait.

Offline ysuseasonticket

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2017, 12:53:50 PM »
Would've been nice to have it done this year coming off an appearance in the national championship. Wonder how different its going to look from the renderings when the announcement was first made ?

I feel the same way chief. I was jacked up on having it up for this season and now I'm jacked up even more for the new design.

I did like the outside of the stadium drawing more than the inside one I have to admit.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 08:20:13 PM »

I agree, heck I thought that the other design looked good - cant wait.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2017, 06:34:26 PM »
They still need more funding. The Penguin Club is also ante up some money.  From what I heard they were going to try to do it cheaper and that was squashed they want to do it right. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2017, 09:37:25 AM »
They still need more funding. The Penguin Club is also ante up some money.  From what I heard they were going to try to do it cheaper and that was squashed they want to do it right.
JT will find the money.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

ValleyTalk

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2017, 07:20:21 PM »
I've been told by a couple folks that it will be built this year.

If I hear otherwise I'll post, but I'd imagine it will be ready for next school year/season.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2017, 08:40:21 PM »

If I hear otherwise I'll post, but I'd imagine it will be ready for next school year/season.

Interesting...

Offline ysuseasonticket

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2017, 03:42:52 PM »

If that is the case it sounds like the new drawings, blueprints, and additional money is in place. I'll believe it when I see them tearing down the existing shanty on the east end.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2017, 04:29:24 PM »
Wish we could move the tennis courts to a different area on campus, preferably over by the softball stadium and soccer field so we can put a parking lot over there behind the east side. Wishful thinking haha....

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2017, 04:41:19 PM »
Wish we could move the tennis courts to a different area on campus, preferably over by the softball stadium and soccer field so we can put a parking lot over there behind the east side. Wishful thinking haha....
Might be wishful thinking, but I looked on google earth and the tennis space is about the size of the McDonalds across from Stambaugh Stadium.  World won't miss 1 McD's for the benefit of parking.  That space helps the East Side Statium and the WATTS as well. 
You might be wishful, but I think you have a damn good idea.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2017, 06:08:12 PM »
I thought the idea during the "master plan" initiative in 09-10 they were going to build new tennis courts behind were the softball field sits now and make the current tennis courts a big parking lot. Maybe they couldn't buy all the properties back there to get enough space... Oh well.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2017, 12:23:41 AM »
I would imagine construction would have to start sometime this month in order to get this thing built in time, no ?

Offline ysuseasonticket

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2017, 06:52:15 PM »
I would imagine construction would have to start sometime this month in order to get this thing built in time, no ?

You would guess.

I went past there today and the eastside shanty is still up. I want the new one up this year, but I also want it done right.

That new steel structure at Fifth and Lincoln, is that the new 2 story bookstore going up? Lots of construction going on around the campus including Wick Avenue. I remember reading that after Wick is done this fall they are going to do the same to Fifth next year. It needs it.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2017, 10:29:00 PM »

You would guess.

I went past there today and the eastside shanty is still up. I want the new one up this year, but I also want it done right.

That new steel structure at Fifth and Lincoln, is that the new 2 story bookstore going up? Lots of construction going on around the campus including Wick Avenue. I remember reading that after Wick is done this fall they are going to do the same to Fifth next year. It needs it.

Yeah its the new barnes and noble bookstore, and next to it is the 2nd phase of the university edge. 5th is getting resurfaced next summer I believe ? Lots happening on campus.