Author Topic: Men's B-ball YSU 80 Wright State 75  (Read 3981 times)

Online ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Men's B-ball YSU 80 Wright State 75
« on: January 07, 2017, 06:04:05 PM »
Santiago leads the way with 20.   Down 14 at half on the road.   

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Men's B-ball YSU 80 Wright State 75
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 09:19:27 PM »
Very good come from behind win.  Should be happy splitting the two road games against a very much improved Northern KY & a Wright State team that's always tough.  This team definitely has a lot of fight in them.  Other than the 2 non-D1 wins, they've come back to win their other 6 games late in the game.  Need to find a way to come out faster in the first half as YSU has trailed at the half in every D1 game except the Milwaukee one. 

Santiago is so good at sparking the team in the 2nd half.  Seems like everyone feeds off his energy.  Wish him and Morse could get it going in the first half.  Good to see Donlan get to double figures.  YSU has won every game he's reached double figures except the Michigan State & Ohio State games.

Will be a tough game Thursday against Valpo but after that have a stretch of 5 games where they should win some games.

Offline pennyguin1

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 10:29:27 PM »
Ohh gives me bragging rights in my house. My husband is Wright State grad(he is from Hubbard though)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 06:48:14 PM »
I want YSU to win every game in all of our sports.  But my biggest fear is that the basketball team manages to win about half of the league games and the long anticipated coaching change is not forthcoming. 

The Horizon League is descending from a mid-major to low-major status.  That undoubtedly angers and terrifies most fans around the league, but it is wonderful news for YSU.  It will make it easier for the next coach to build a winning program.  And since our "basketball" fans never appreciated the strength of the old Horizon League, they will not care one bit if we can finally develop a competitive team in the lower realms of Division I.