Author Topic: Football only post-game talk  (Read 27007 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Football only post-game talk
« on: January 07, 2017, 04:38:34 PM »
Let's talk about the team, the game. Football only. If you do not like the board, post it in the proper board.

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Football only post-game talk
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 04:45:09 PM »
miscues hurt the penguins, if they limit those, its a much much closer game.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 05:15:16 PM »
I'm allready looking forward to signing day and spring ball. We have holes to fill just like any other team, but I feel like the pieces are there for another run next year especially on offense. We got beat by a better team today and I'm fine with that

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 05:36:40 PM »
Anyone know where to find post game press conference? 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 06:30:38 PM »
I know that there is nothing we cold do, but we really, really missed Ruiz today. We just could not get a lead to eat clock.

I have a question. I do understand that Alessi was running against inferior competition against MSU, but I am wondering why he did not see a few more snaps this year. It seemed like Ruiz and Webb were a perfect combo & I really think McCaster does remarkably well for really being a FB. Just wondering if we are going to need to recruit1,  2, or 3 backs for next year. I know we have 2 red-shirts.

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 06:50:52 PM »
I was able to find presser on twitter via fcs.  Sorry but i dont know how to copy thr link. Anyway, if anyone gets a chance to see it, pay attention to the end when Bo is walking off.  He says something to someone but i cant be certain what it is or if he is calling someone out or just talking in general.  Sort of looks like he points to someone and says "you're done" ????? 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 08:07:15 PM »
I was able to find presser on twitter via fcs.  Sorry but i dont know how to copy thr link. Anyway, if anyone gets a chance to see it, pay attention to the end when Bo is walking off.  He says something to someone but i cant be certain what it is or if he is calling someone out or just talking in general.  Sort of looks like he points to someone and says "you're done" ?????

Yes #34 I wondered the same thing. Coach, Wells and Rivers were walking off. I heard "mumble, mumble, mumble ... job coach" come out of the audience ...then Bo said "what", stopped and said a few words that ended in "...your done". He was not happy.

I think that I can copy the whole thing on to the site, but 40 minutes of 45 is JMU. I will see what I can do.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 08:52:20 PM »
Well here is a link at least. YSU is first up:

https://www.facebook.com/ncaafcsfootball/videos/593569127504419/

Offline coachtress

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 09:23:26 PM »
We made the playoffs for the first time in 10 years.  Unseaded, and made it to the championship game, after defeating the #3 and then the #2 seaded teams on the road.

Yes, we played poorly today, but it was a very fun road to get there, and we got two exciting playoff games at home.  And YSU football is back on the map.  Congrats to JMU, and at the same time congrats to YSU on getting to the championship game.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 09:36:26 PM »
If they limit the mistakes they probably don't gift wrap 21 points to them! 

Offline pennyguin1

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 10:27:31 PM »
Yes yes turnovers did us in today.

Overall what a great season for our Guins. They took us on amazing journey. I was at the first game in WVU, and my thought was: We would make the playoffs, but we would either lose the first round game, or win one game and be done. Well they made a fool out of me. They just kept winning. We beat two really really good teams on the road(dominated Jacksonville St).

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 08:08:46 AM »
The most disturbing thing about this game is the happiness and thrill of some to be in second place.  This is a game that could have, and should have, been won.  The game was lost before we took the field.  The problem was not the defense despite the suspensions. Only two teams held JMU to less than 28 points all season....NDSU (27) and Villanova (20).  We held JMU to far fewer yards than NDSU did.  The offensive stats are misleading as much offensive production was the garbage time TD drive.  Like the Wofford game, the anemic and ineffective offense led to the possibility of an early game special teams debacle. leading to another short field for the opponent, and an early opponent lead.  Mays performed well in his bizarrely limited role.  I've covered the QB issues in detail this season, and won't rehash them here.  The special teams in the post-season has been terrible. 

The box score does not show the Mays completion...did I hallucinate that play?

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 08:13:47 AM »
miscues hurt the penguins, if they limit those, its a much much closer game.

I know......I can't believe we did that.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 09:25:11 AM »
Well here is a link at least. YSU is first up:

https://www.facebook.com/ncaafcsfootball/videos/593569127504419/
It was very nice of coach Bo to congratulate James Madison on their win and acknowledge them as a great football team. I guess Mike Houston forgot everything YSU has accomplished to get to this game. Bo does point to someone in the media and said your done

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2017, 09:30:47 AM »
It's the media's job to question, turn over stones, and even piss people off if necessary (it's almost always necessary).  The local media is the University's lapdog.  Feeble coverage of ticketgate, and almost zero coverage of Slocumgate.  IDK the background, but if a member of the media actually did their job.....then kudos to them...and the rest of the local media should rally around them.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 09:57:37 AM by Penguin Nation »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen