Author Topic: Vs. JMU In Game Thread  (Read 52645 times)

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Vs. JMU In Game Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2017, 04:15:45 PM »
Simply outmatched today by a great team.  PERIOD.  It sucks...but it happens.  Still proud to be a penguin.  Had a great experience with some family and my 11 year old son who wouldn't want to be anywhere else but in Frisco.  Not gonna b**** and point fingers.  It was a GREAT F-ing year and so happy to Get back in the playoffs. 

GO GUINS!!! 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2017, 04:16:17 PM »
Biggest game of the year and Monty and Wells were out schemed and out coached again.

You are so full of crap. Can you not lose like a man?!

Why are you so obsessed with Monty?  We need fresh blood, time to move on from him.  If he was so good he would have been offered a better position a long time ago.

I enjoy winning. Oh and what makes you so certain that he has not been made a better offer? In fact, multiple better offers. Why do people like you hate anyone not named Tressel or Pelini? Both JMU and YSU overachieved this year. Do you not think that there are about 10+ teams that could beat either one of us? NDSU is scratching their heads.

Winning isn't because of Montgomery. and no he has not, in fact had any other offers, that comes from a player who just graduated sitting in the room with myself. why do you have such a hard on for a guy who's the worst coach we've ever had? You always make up lies, then cry like a b**** when you are proven wrong.

I am not the one crying like a B right now. Best season in some time and we have many weaknesses to address. Your OC is not one of those.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 04:18:08 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline Purple Reign

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2017, 04:18:12 PM »
Biggest game of the year and Monty and Wells were out schemed and out coached again.

Why are you so obsessed with Monty?  We need fresh blood, time to move on from him.  If he was so good he would have been offered a better position a long time ago.

I enjoy winning. Oh and what makes you so certain that he has not been made a better offer? In fact, multiple better offers. Why do people like you hate anyone not named Tressel or Pelini? Both JMU and YSU overachieved this year. Do you not think that there are about 10+ teams that could beat either one of us? NDSU is scratching their heads.
Why would NDSU be scratching their heads?  We beat them soundly.  Congratulations YSU on a great season!

Offline Guinfan1990

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2017, 04:20:10 PM »

Winning isn't because of Montgomery. and no he has not, in fact had any other offers, that comes from a player who just graduated sitting in the room with myself. why do you have such a hard on for a guy who's the worst coach we've ever had? You always make up lies, then cry like a b**** when you are proven wrong.

I am not the one crying like a B right now. Best season in some time and we have many weaknesses to address. Your OC is not one of those.

Wrong, someone said Montgomery sucks, so your running to his aide to cry like a b****

this forum is better off without people like you.
I know plenty of former players who want him fired as well.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 04:20:50 PM by Guinfan1990 »

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2017, 04:24:29 PM »
can't we all just get along

Offline Guinfan1990

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2017, 04:25:26 PM »
can't we all just get along

Nah, its a forum where youre only allowed to talk about what the admin wants you too.
get a level headed admin and this place would be set.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2017, 04:28:31 PM »
well I am going to have a PEPSI and enjoy what we accomplished this year

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2017, 04:57:04 PM »
Simply outmatched today by a great team.  PERIOD.  It sucks...but it happens.  Still proud to be a penguin.  Had a great experience with some family and my 11 year old son who wouldn't want to be anywhere else but in Frisco.  Not gonna b**** and point fingers.  It was a GREAT F-ing year and so happy to Get back in the playoffs. 

GO GUINS!!!

Good post, it was a fun ride and JMU was the better team today, nothing to be upset about
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

ytowngirl

« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2017, 05:20:45 PM »

I'm not a lover of Tressel or Pelini.  I doubt he's had better offers.  Anyone would have bolted.  It's like you have some weird obsession with him.  7 years and this is the first year we've made the playoffs.  Not because of him but because of players like Webb and Ruiz who carried this offense.  Also JMU didn't overperform.  They were ranked 4th in the playoffs.  YSU over performed sure.  But that's not on the coaches.  10 teams would not beat JMU.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 05:24:08 PM by ytowngirl »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2017, 07:32:28 PM »
Fist of all, a team over-performing ...by description is players & NOT coaches.

Secondly ... You forget the crap DC's that Wolf had his first 4 years. Everyone loved the choice of Kravitz as he recruited all of the NFL players & he was the worst DC we had in my 20-some odd years of watching Penguin ball. Everyone loved local product Joe Tressey, he was not up to the task, but his ability to run-stop really helped us improve. The promotion of Jamie Bryant was okay, in fact I wish we had him right now instead of Stoops as special teams coordinator, but he really was not a DC. During most all of this time with junk defenses we had all the record numbers that Coach M's offenses were producing, but no consistency in defense. Coach M's numbers remained unnoticed because we could not stop anyone.

For 4 years the man (coach Shane) is the only producer we had ...none of you even cared. Then he has one single (really 1.5 to be fair) mediocre year and suddenly you dislike him. I am too old to be a "what have you done for me lately" thinker; but even if you are are one of those ...the answer is that Montgomery just helped take our team to the national championship game. Then he has to put up with Pelini talking about all the changes that HE made to our offense this year, when it was Pelini's poor offensive concepts that were killing us in the first place & led to our QB's being beat-up.

When we let Montgomery go back to doing what he is good at, we drive to the final winning 7 of 8 games. It is no freak accident that 3 QB's (well two different) went down this year. All the while Montgomery was constantly reinventing our offense to try and please coach P. People like you refuse to give him an ounce of credit. Even when he brings in a true first year QB and wins 1.5 tough games with him. All I heard was ....gee 'Montgomery needs to come down out of his ivory tower and be on the sidelines all the time'. Not even an ounce of respect for changing his coaching style and methods for what he feels is best for Mays and the team. There is simply a hatred (in a few of you) for the man and it is completely unjustified ...in my opinion of course. He is one hell of a recruiter and you claim it is a weakness. He scouts central and Southern Ohio like we have never had before. The fact that you say he does not adjust just shows your lack of knowledge of the game; as he adjusted several times today ...nothing worked. None of you seemed to see the perfect calls down field that were dropped (3 to be exact) that were really our only chances to turn this game around; but Montgomery saw it and made great calls against it to give us an opportunity to turn the tide. They were all dropped balls ...one a TO. 

As I have said many times, I am a smash-mouth guy myself; but we do not have strong enough defenses to play that style of ball ...this is the 2010's ...not the 1990's. My gosh, you can count the number of times Tressel's offenses scored more than 21-points on one hand. That is not going to work today ...Tressel's offenses at OSU did not even resemble those at YSU.

Do we need a more mobile QB, yes ...but not at the expense of any arm. We made the right calls this year with enough time to save our season. Yes, coach Shane has had several "bigger" offers, but he knows YSU pays him very well and he is producing for us. He is very-well paid and has earned every penny. So maybe he knows that tenure here is not worth 1 or 2 years at another school with higher salary. I hope he does stay as you know that he and Bo are highly-prized catches for any team.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 08:17:47 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2017, 08:37:23 AM »
We ran sideways in this game.  We needed to run up the middle.  They stared to soften there and we had to abandon the run for the pass because of what happened with the turnovers.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2017, 10:39:33 AM »
We ran sideways in this game.  We needed to run up the middle.  They stared to soften there and we had to abandon the run for the pass because of what happened with the turnovers.

Agreed and as much respect as I have for McCaster he is not Martin Ruiz. We knew his loss was going to bite us at some point. Then the passes turned to TO's as well.

ytowngirl

« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2017, 12:14:53 PM »

Agreed and as much respect as I have for McCaster he is not Martin Ruiz. We knew his loss was going to bite us at some point. Then the passes turned to TO's as well.

McCaster had 2 carries for 9 yards.  Not enough giving him the rock.  But hey when you have an OC who can't make changes to a game plan that's what happens.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2017, 12:50:19 PM »
Could be girl, but I don't think so. To use a dessert analogy, there is nothing I like better than plain chocolate or vanilla ice cream. However, a sugar cone adds just the right touch for me. At YSU's level, we are making a sundae. Good ice cream is a must, but the right toppings are just as important. McCaster is like a true scoop of Handles ...toppings can actually ruin it.

McCaster is a pleasant surprise, but Ruiz is probably the "best tasting" back we have ever had. McCaster's catch was awesome though.

Offline footballfanatic

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2017, 08:26:31 PM »
Ytown Girl - I can tell you with 100% certainty that Montgomery has had better offers almost every year he has been here. I know his family pretty well and this is a fact. His family loves the area and his oldest son is a freshman on the YSU baseball team. His younger son is a junior in high school and they did not want to move during his high school years unless it was just something amazing. I look for him to be gone for sure after his younger son graduates.
Also - not sure where all the hatred from you towards Montgomery stems from... this offense OVER performed this year. Find me another team in the country that played 4 quarterbacks and went as far as us. We really missed the 4 suspended starters in the JMU game but our players and coaches never quit. For those of you questioning his game time adjustments, I am not sure what else you wanted him to do. Wells threw to 10 different receivers. After it was obvious that the running game was not going to work, the coaches found other ways to get Jody the ball and he had 10 catches himself. What else would you have tried?
Nobody is more upset about not winning that game on Saturday than the people in that locker room but this fan base needs to realize how much this team achieved this year and be proud of them all.