Author Topic: ticketgate  (Read 42200 times)

Offline supermario21

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
ticketgate
« on: December 23, 2016, 12:23:10 PM »
Is there a link to that manual? It should be shared with all local media.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 02:01:00 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Frisco tickets. .
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 12:25:15 PM »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline BisonTru

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 01:14:13 PM »
Nation:

"No hard ticket returns will be accepted."

"The NCAA will invoice the participating institutions for all tickets taken"

Please do not infer items. It says that hard tickets cannot be returned. You need to stop these kind of posts or leave the board. You did not even read what you posted. It states nowhere that these tickets will be refunded. When you find this out ...then make your post with the parties names or documentation.

geez, for a person so concerned with slander of a coach with comments that came from another institution, you should know better. Stop messing with the thread. If you want to make some sort of ticket conspiracy thread; go for it. Save this one for people looking to buy tickets.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 01:18:21 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline GoGuins2016

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 01:25:15 PM »
Page number 5.  Any unused tickets can be returned by December 26th.

Page number 50 - Hard printed tickets can't be returned. However electronic tickets can be returned.   

Pretty black and white.   YSU lied to the fan base or had no clue how to handle electronic tickets.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 01:32:18 PM by GoGuins2016 »

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 01:27:31 PM »
Teams may return any unused tickets by 5 p.m. Eastern time on Monday, December 26.

We were lied to!!

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline BisonTru

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 01:29:58 PM »
Wow. Does your AD moderate this site?

Fact: YSU could request flash seats (online seats) and they had until Monday the 26th to either sell and accept them or return them.

Your AD screwed you guys. If you want to bury your head in the sand go ahead. Again, I couldn't care less what you guys do, but that is my opinion watching this from an unbiased view.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 01:38:18 PM »
AGAIN:

It says NO HARD TICKETS SALES CAN BE RETURNED.

It also does not state that there will be a refund issued.

I simply asked for proof BEFORE you make a post that assumes things, which is fair. Besides ...until you see tickets sold out then who cares? Further more, if electronic tickets are available ...does this mean that YSU is part of this system? I mean there are so many variables here and Nation just assumes the worst. I guarantee you if this were and issue with someone named Pelini or Tressel, he would never mention it ... even defend it.

I have no issue with someone screwing up, but you better prove it.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 01:42:22 PM »
The reason I posted the link to the entire manual and an excerpt was so there were no inferences.  Instead there was transparency and full validation of my claims.  What you did, as I expected you to, was delete the information so that you can cover up the anti-YSU ineptitude and dishonesty of our Athletic Department.  This manual from the NCAA is a smoking gun that: a) massive mistakes were made in this historic event, and b) the Athletic Department lied to cover up their errors.

Again, here is the content of the NCAA manual.  The only reason to delete it a second time is to censor information from the readership of this forum.

Not later than Sunday, December 18 each institution shall inform Trina Simerly how many tickets
they would like for the championship game (and their locations). Confirmed sales only will be
printed and shipped via next-day delivery to each institution by AXS. Ticket links will be provided
to ticket managers for the remaining block (with Flash Seats as the required method of delivery).
 A participating institution may return any unsold tickets. They will need to inform Trina Simerly at
the NCAA (tsimerly@ncaa.org; 317-917-6516) of the number of electronic tickets to be returned
and their location no later than 5 p.m. Eastern time Monday, December 26. No hard ticket returns
will be accepted. Once the competing institutions release the tickets being retained, the NCAA and
Team Frisco may use them for sale to the general public.
The NCAA will invoice the participating institutions for all tickets taken and payment will be due
to the NCAA not later than 30 days after the date of the championship game.

"Confirmed sales only will be printed and shipped"  Those are hard tickets that are already paid for.  I'm not sure of many scenarios of why there would be refunds and a loss.

Non-hard tickets are e-tickets, sold by Flash Seats, and unsold ones can be returned by 26 December...still 3 days away...but we can't cuz the AD already gave these to JMU...and JMU already sold them.

We had until 30 days after 7 January 2017 to pay for anything......a risk-free loan courtesy of the NCAA.

Again, this is the smoking gun of costly ineptitude and trafficking of a lie to the public.  I post this as an alumni and life-long fan.  To delete this is to support those who lie and hurt the University.  Your call.

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline GoGuins2016

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 01:43:19 PM »
Page number 50.   NCAA will invoice school for tickets.  Payment due not less then 30 days after the championship date.

What further proof do you need?

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 01:55:31 PM »
WOW!!!  We got screwed!!  There had to be more to the story!!  I am speechless!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 01:57:34 PM »
Is there a link to that manual? It should be shared with all local media.

ABSOLUTELY!!!

THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2016, 02:03:52 PM »
The reason I posted the link to the entire manual and an excerpt was so there were no inferences.  Instead there was transparency and full validation of my claims.  What you did, as I expected you to, was delete the information so that you can cover up the anti-YSU ineptitude and dishonesty of our Athletic Department.  This manual from the NCAA is a smoking gun that: a) massive mistakes were made in this historic event, and b) the Athletic Department lied to cover up their errors.

Again, here is the content of the NCAA manual.  The only reason to delete it a second time is to censor information from the readership of this forum.

Not later than Sunday, December 18 each institution shall inform Trina Simerly how many tickets
they would like for the championship game (and their locations). Confirmed sales only will be
printed and shipped via next-day delivery to each institution by AXS. Ticket links will be provided
to ticket managers for the remaining block (with Flash Seats as the required method of delivery).
 A participating institution may return any unsold tickets. They will need to inform Trina Simerly at
the NCAA (tsimerly@ncaa.org; 317-917-6516) of the number of electronic tickets to be returned
and their location no later than 5 p.m. Eastern time Monday, December 26. No hard ticket returns
will be accepted. Once the competing institutions release the tickets being retained, the NCAA and
Team Frisco may use them for sale to the general public.
The NCAA will invoice the participating institutions for all tickets taken and payment will be due
to the NCAA not later than 30 days after the date of the championship game.

"Confirmed sales only will be printed and shipped"  Those are hard tickets that are already paid for.  I'm not sure of many scenarios of why there would be refunds and a loss.

Non-hard tickets are e-tickets, sold by Flash Seats, and unsold ones can be returned by 26 December...still 3 days away...but we can't cuz the AD already gave these to JMU...and JMU already sold them.

We had until 30 days after 7 January 2017 to pay for anything......a risk-free loan courtesy of the NCAA.

Again, this is the smoking gun of costly ineptitude and trafficking of a lie to the public.  I post this as an alumni and life-long fan.  To delete this is to support those who lie and hurt the University.  Your call.

No what I did was delete you post as I am not going to sort through it. You could have posted everything you did, BUT the part where you claimed the AD was incompetent ...your usual meal of the day. Better learn to start posting. There is a possible story here and you ruin it, just like you ruin everything. As if the team does not have enough to worry about.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: ticketgate
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2016, 02:07:43 PM »
Here are the lies the YSU SID told the local media in the cover-up....who never questioned it.  Unfortunately the truth was found on alternative media/AGS...not the "fake news" the Vindy traffics in.

YSU was required to put a bid in for tickets right after its second-round win over Jacksonville State on Dec. 3, said YSU Sports Information Director Trevor Parks. YSU set aside $75,000 for the bid, which turned into 1,000 seats, which went quickly.

If YSU would have purchased seats that didn’t sell, the school would have been on the hook for them financially.

“You just had to try to get a feel for what makes sense,” Parks said. “You had to give them a number you knew you could meet.”

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/dec/21/ysu-sells-out-tickets-championship-game/

Offline BUCKGUIN

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: ticketgate
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2016, 02:14:48 PM »
just drop it and go enjoy the game... there are plenty of tickets available at reasonable prices