Author Topic: YSU vs James Madison for the National Championship  (Read 90704 times)

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs James Madison for the National Championship
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2016, 08:32:19 PM »
From the NCAA website

What is the penalty for a positive drug test?

The penalty for a positive test for a performance-enhancing drug (PED) is strict and automatic: student-athletes lose one full year of eligibility for the first offense (25 percent of their total eligibility) and are withheld from competition for 365 days from the date of the test. A second positive test for a PED results in the loss of all remaining eligibility.

The penalty for a positive test for a substance in the street drug class is withholding from competition for 50% of the season in all sports in which the student-athlete participates.  A second positive test for a street drug results in the loss of a year of eligibility and withholding from participation for 365 days from the test.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2016, 08:37:54 PM »
Weed totally destroyed Micheal Phelps....oh wait.....

Pathetic af if this is at all about MJ.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2016, 09:28:54 PM »
I heard one was Adderol(sic) - done for 365 days.

GO GUiNS
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2016, 10:03:38 PM »
Is the rumor true about 7 JMU players being suspended?

They were suspended for the NDSU game as well. Same team that beat the Bison will be playing us.

Does anyone know for sure that our 5 suspended players are not going to play for the championship game? I don't know if this has anything to do with the suspension. The academic semester is officially over the day after the EWU game. We are now technically into the next semester.
However, I thought someone on this board had suggested that the suspension would last for 6 months or half a season into next year. Is that true?

Marijuana is 6-months ...everything else (non-steroid) is one year. This is mandatory. The NCAA only recently reduced it to 6-months. I will go out to NCAA.org and find it for us.

Weird cause Ohio State surely doesn't suspend players 6 months for weed.

They sure do. happens a lot more than you think down here in Columbus.

Offline Dukester

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2016, 07:48:36 AM »

They were suspended for the NDSU game as well. Same team that beat the Bison will be playing us.

Does anyone know for sure that our 5 suspended players are not going to play for the championship game? I don't know if this has anything to do with the suspension. The academic semester is officially over the day after the EWU game. We are now technically into the next semester.
However, I thought someone on this board had suggested that the suspension would last for 6 months or half a season into next year. Is that true?

Marijuana is 6-months ...everything else (non-steroid) is one year. This is mandatory. The NCAA only recently reduced it to 6-months. I will go out to NCAA.org and find it for us.

Program issued weed must be ok.   :D

Offline southbeach

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2016, 08:22:08 AM »
I suspect the difference is between being "weeded" out by the local authorities or by a ncaa administered
screening.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2016, 11:46:04 AM »
5 dimes:  YSU +2.5    O/U 66

Massey:  JMU 35-31.   YSU 36% chance of winning.  JMU ranked 38th in D1 (the only team we've played ranked higher is WVU at #17).  YSU ranked 54th.

I can't resist to mention that we crush the entire MAC East in Massey. Akron 128, Can't 154....both would be ranked 8th in the MVFC.....Buffalo 186......would be dead last behind MSU.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2016, 12:27:17 PM »

Massey:  JMU 35-31.   YSU 36% chance of winning.  JMU ranked 38th in D1 (the only team we've played ranked higher is WVU at #17).  YSU ranked 54th.

I can't resist to mention that we crush the entire MAC East in Massey. Akron 128, Can't 154....both would be ranked 8th in the MVFC.....Buffalo 186......would be dead last behind MSU.

Hey Nation I have a question for you. Was the Missouri State game the last time we were the favorites?
Just wondering.
Thanks

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2016, 12:43:12 PM »

Hey Nation I have a question for you. Was the Missouri State game the last time we were the favorites?
Just wondering.
Thanks

YSU was minus 8.5 vs Samford.  We've been dogs ever since.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2016, 01:04:47 PM »
Wasn't sure about the Samford game. Thanks

ytowngirl

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2016, 01:26:08 PM »

They sure do. happens a lot more than you think down here in Columbus.

I live in Columbus and my husband works with the team.  They don't get 6 month suspensions.  Bosa popped and missed 1 game last year. 

Offline GoPenguins76

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2016, 02:03:40 PM »
If its a positive for a school test then its 1 game. If its an NCAA failed test its 6 months.

ytowngirl

« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2016, 02:43:16 PM »
If its a positive for a school test then its 1 game. If its an NCAA failed test its 6 months.

Stupid and inconsistent.  But I'm not surprised.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2016, 03:01:10 PM »

Just wondering.
Thanks

YSU was minus 8.5 vs Samford.  We've been dogs ever since.

oops.  We were also favored over Wofford by 7.

Offline Madisonman

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2016, 03:25:43 PM »
My recommendation for the bottle is:

Made right here in Louisville KY. I'll have an extra bottle with me $60.00 (retail price)! This is hands down the best Bourbon on the planet!!

I don't think you can buy this in VA or OH???

The death bourbon on the planet, also from KY I believe, is Basil Hayden's!