Author Topic: FB vs EWW: In Game Thread  (Read 76298 times)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: FB vs EWW: In Game Thread
« Reply #150 on: December 18, 2016, 12:05:43 AM »
Interesting post on the EWU site

Most definitely the turning point. I give Youngstown no credit for this win. Call it sour grapes if you want, but YSU had 2 bogus interceptions and held on the line all day and wasn't called once. All because these refs were too scared of Bo Pelini b****ing all damn game. What a sorry excuse for a coach and a person. Sad that all the seniors on this team worked so hard only to get screwed by a pathetic group of refs. Disgusting.

Damn proud of you guys Eastern! Damn proud. Was it a perfect game? No far from it. But you guys had this game taken away from you. I don't care what anyone else says. YSU did not deserve this game, period.

What game was he watching? How many libations did he have in the tailgate to keep warm?

I probably should not have posted the whole thing, I understand they were frustrated. I guess I felt the interesting line was that the the refs were afraid of BO.
Amazing! The refs were not afraid of Bo in Youngstown, but they were afraid of Bo in Washington state. How could YSU not deserve this win? We won in their house without our four starting players. If their QB and 3 receivers were suspended, do you really think they could beat us in Youngstown?

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2016, 12:56:04 AM »
Wow!!  The greatest game in YSU history!!  I have no words for that effort!! 

GO GUINS!!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2016, 01:04:21 AM »
Wow!!  The greatest game in YSU history!!  I have no words for that effort!! 

GO GUINS!!

Agreed

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2016, 01:09:25 AM »
Interesting post on the EWU site

Most definitely the turning point. I give Youngstown no credit for this win. Call it sour grapes if you want, but YSU had 2 bogus interceptions and held on the line all day and wasn't called once. All because these refs were too scared of Bo Pelini b****ing all damn game. What a sorry excuse for a coach and a person. Sad that all the seniors on this team worked so hard only to get screwed by a pathetic group of refs. Disgusting.

Damn proud of you guys Eastern! Damn proud. Was it a perfect game? No far from it. But you guys had this game taken away from you. I don't care what anyone else says. YSU did not deserve this game, period.

What game was he watching? How many libations did he have in the tailgate to keep warm?

I probably should not have posted the whole thing, I understand they were frustrated. I guess I felt the interesting line was that the the refs were afraid of BO.
Amazing! The refs were not afraid of Bo in Youngstown, but they were afraid of Bo in Washington state. How could YSU not deserve this win? We won in their house without our four starting players. If their QB and 3 receivers were suspended, do you really think they could beat us in Youngstown?
Obviously no joy in his trailer park tonite--its hillarious how cocky many of them were on their forums--haters gonna hate and many of their posters are nothing but losers.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2016, 01:12:06 AM »
I don't think a team from the Big Sky conference has ever beaten YSU.

Offline edpuskas

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2016, 03:53:28 AM »
I don't think a team from the Big Sky conference has ever beaten YSU.
That's because their style of football doesn't match up well against YSU.

Offline Owlguin

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2016, 08:49:59 AM »
Not sure if this was addressed already, but I am wondering why the one second did not run off during the extra point attempt?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2016, 09:01:13 AM »
Not sure if this was addressed already, but I am wondering why the one second did not run off during the extra point attempt?
extra points are untimed plays
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline clawman

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
disapointment of playoffs
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2016, 09:07:34 AM »
Every team is going to lose their last game... except one. I was very impressed with your teams tenacity. The Eagles were up two scores several times yet the Penguins kept coming back. Anyone could look back at key plays throughout the game culminating with the last outstanding catch but as you know "wars" like this are not won or lost on one play.
Well earned win by your Penguins, good luck in Frisco!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2016, 09:13:49 AM »
Hunter did great.  Jody did great.  Tevin & Kevin did great. D did great.   But it should be noted: we have had 4 different backs rush for 140+ yards in a game seven (7) times in the last five (5) games.  Yes, the RB's have been great, but at some point somebody better give that OL some love!  Great job guys!!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2016, 09:33:38 AM »
Hunter did great.  Jody did great.  Tevin & Kevin did great. D did great.   But it should be noted: we have had 4 different backs rush for 140+ yards in a game seven (7) times in the last five (5) games.  Yes, the RB's have been great, but at some point somebody better give that OL some love!  Great job guys!!

Amen to that. Great job O-line.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2016, 11:01:58 AM »
Double Amen--I always believed this game would be determined by our O-Line--they stepped it up and so did the rest of the cast--outstanding effort guys!

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 18, 2016, 11:10:09 AM »
props to Zak Kennedy.  he had a rough time in the Wofford game but was clutch yesterday.
it was truly a team victory.  the team played well in all phases of the game

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2016, 11:12:08 AM »
By my count, we are 7-0 against the Big Sky conference in the playoffs.  As Ed noted, they have a hard time matching up to our style of play.  With so many of their teams just flinging endless passes during a game, their defensive fronts must be built to rush the passer.  They are quick but rather light by our standards and virtually helpless against a midwestern power running attack.

Let us not forget one vital contribution that should not be overlooked.  Justin Spencer fell on that fumble in the red zone in the fourth quarter.  We lose that ball, there would be no last second heroics.

Offline penguin8797

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2016, 11:15:25 AM »
Any injury info? How is Jody Webb? It looked like he sprained an ankle and was on the sidelines wearing a coat during the final drive, but it looked like he was on the field for the last play.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 12:39:23 PM by penguin8797 »