Author Topic: FB vs EWW: In Game Thread  (Read 76512 times)

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: FB vs EWW: In Game Thread
« Reply #165 on: December 18, 2016, 11:44:15 AM »
How about the time of possession by the Guins!!! 

Possession Time 39:20     20:40
1st Quarter 6 : 1 8           8 : 4 2
2nd Quarter 9 : 1 7          5 : 4 3
3rd Quarter 12:06            2 : 5 4
4th Quarter 11:39            3 : 2 1

Had the ball for almost 24 mins in second half!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: disapointment of playoffs
« Reply #166 on: December 18, 2016, 12:09:04 PM »
Every team is going to lose their last game... except one. I was very impressed with your teams tenacity. The Eagles were up two scores several times yet the Penguins kept coming back. Anyone could look back at key plays throughout the game culminating with the last outstanding catch but as you know "wars" like this are not won or lost on one play.
Well earned win by your Penguins, good luck in Frisco!

We have peaked at the right time,
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2016, 07:30:55 PM »
Any injury info? How is Jody Webb? It looked like he sprained an ankle and was on the sidelines wearing a coat during the final drive, but it looked like he was on the field for the last play.
Not only was he on the field, he was wide open for an easy TD!  Hunter just didn't look dead left.  Oh well, I guess we just have to live with the best play in the history of YSU!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2016, 11:14:06 PM »
Any injury info? How is Jody Webb? It looked like he sprained an ankle and was on the sidelines wearing a coat during the final drive, but it looked like he was on the field for the last play.
Not only was he on the field, he was wide open for an easy TD!  Hunter just didn't look dead left.  Oh well, I guess we just have to live with the best play in the history of YSU!
Hunter saw the coverage wrap his arms around Rader and he tossed it. That should have been a flag and a TD signal. Not to coin a phrase but is was a perfect storm

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2016, 11:43:29 PM »
Hunter saw the coverage wrap his arms around Rader and he tossed it. That should have been a flag and a TD signal. Not to coin a phrase but is was a perfect storm
Somebody should ask that guy why he didn't throw a flag!  That was the most blatant pass interference I've seen in a long time.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 19, 2016, 07:05:50 AM »
Somebody should ask that guy why he didn't throw a flag!  That was the most blatant pass interference I've seen in a long time.
According to the postings by the EWU fans, refs did not throw the flags against YSU during the game was because " they were afraid of Bo". If that was true, there should have been at least 6 flags thrown at that last play to please Bo.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 19, 2016, 08:58:27 AM »
According to the postings by the EWU fans, refs did not throw the flags against YSU during the game was because " they were afraid of Bo". If that was true, there should have been at least 6 flags thrown at that last play to please Bo.
I watched the game again last night with particular concentration on calls.  (BTW, we still won a heartstoper!)
If I had to make one general observation, I would say the refs "let them play".  I don't know if they thought the weather was enough of a problem that they would stay out of the way, but this was not a game "controlled" by the refs (ie. dominated by the refs)  We have seen several games this year where the refs thought we bought tickets to see them call the game, and it is boring.  This was pleasantly “unobstructed.”  But, in all fairness, it was called evenly.  The crybabies from EWU are just that, crybabies.  Are all the Big Sky teams that way?  After the way the big boys at NDSU stepped up with congrats etc. it was almost shocking to hear the whinning.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 19, 2016, 09:09:15 AM »
Awesome win! Great for the state of Youngstown!!

GooooooooGuins!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2016, 09:55:24 AM »
Awesome win! Great for the state of Youngstown!!

GooooooooGuins!!!!!!!!!!

We had Southland conference refs for the Wofford game as well I believe. They also "let them play" in that game, so it was nothing new.

That's my theory as to why SHSU puts up such gaudy numbers.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2016, 09:01:39 PM »
This crew was CAA. I think we had SLC against Wofford ... but they did not throw the flag on that last play? That was a HUGE blunder that could have easily cost us the game. The defender bear-hugged the guy.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 20, 2016, 09:37:44 AM »
This crew was CAA. I think we had SLC against Wofford ... but they did not throw the flag on that last play? That was a HUGE blunder that could have easily cost us the game. The defender bear-hugged the guy.
Yes, pass interference!  As an aside, review the winning play and look how open Jody Webb is in the left flat.  He would have walked in untouched if Hunter would have looked that way!  Great game for the Quins.  Heart displayed on every play on both sides of the ball.  Especially in 2nd half.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 20, 2016, 09:54:48 AM »

Maybe that what the play EW fans were complaining about  ::)

It was kind of a big moment in the game haha.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 20, 2016, 10:25:29 AM »

Maybe that what the play EW fans were complaining about  ::)

It was kind of a big moment in the game haha.
Now THAT'S what is meant when somebody says "tight, in your face coverage!"
How was that not pass interference?  They is absolutely no excuse for not calling that!! Glad that didn't cost us the game. 
JMU loses their leading receiver and the sub gets a key TD.  They lose their leading tackler and the sub gets 16 tackles.  We lose both safeties and each sub comes up with a key interception. We lose our leading rusher and the sub comes up with 150+ and 3 TD's!  That's what is meant by "next man up!"  Great kudos to both rosters and both coaching staffs!