Author Topic: Possible Player Suspensions  (Read 70156 times)

Offline GOpenZ

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Player Suspensions
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2016, 08:02:41 PM »
As much as we want to know...there's no reason to let it out.  As much as it will hover around who it could be...it will make EWU prepare for all scenarios.  There's no reason to tell them how we will be changing our game plan.   I expect it to stay tight lipped until it is obvious.

Z

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2016, 08:13:23 PM »
Bo declined a interview by Grove and said he doesn't talk about that kind of stuff. I thought he was up beat and positive talking about the Wofford win and the upcoming Eastern Washington game. At this point it is what it is and we have a game to play..Team will be leaving Thursday instead of Friday

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2016, 08:29:34 PM »
Bo declined a interview by Grove and said he doesn't talk about that kind of stuff. I thought he was up beat and positive talking about the Wofford win and the upcoming Eastern Washington game. At this point it is what it is and we have a game to play..Team will be leaving Thursday instead of Friday

I agree Fever, it is what it is.  Next man up.
We should be able to run on Eastern Washington. If we can control the clock and keep their offense off the field I like our chances. Must play a mistake free game

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2016, 08:45:49 PM »
Bottom line is that this team has done a yeoman's job in getting this far...can't let a few bad apples ruin the bunch!  We will see what kind of senior leadership we have on this team now! 

GO GUINS!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2016, 08:47:40 PM »
Bottom line is that this team has done a yeoman's job in getting this far...can't let a few bad apples ruin the bunch!  We will see what kind of senior leadership we have on this team now! 

GO GUINS!

Spot on.  We've overcome significant adversity.  People will just need to step it up.

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2016, 09:14:01 PM »
You are right, it isn't a board about weed. It's just hard to ignore messages like " weed is going to ruin their lives."  It's 2016 not 1950 so if someone is going to comment about it please be educated.

Still just an opinion and as valid as yours. If not more given what just happened. The rule is simple, I am simply amazed that this happened ...if indeed it did.

It's actually not an opinion.  The medicinal benefits of it have been proven. So safe to say it's not ruining anyone's life.

Offline edpuskas

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2016, 09:36:33 PM »
You are right, it isn't a board about weed. It's just hard to ignore messages like " weed is going to ruin their lives."  It's 2016 not 1950 so if someone is going to comment about it please be educated.

Still just an opinion and as valid as yours. If not more given what just happened. The rule is simple, I am simply amazed that this happened ...if indeed it did.

It's actually not an opinion.  The medicinal benefits of it have been proven. So safe to say it's not ruining anyone's life.
Medical benefits, you say? If so, the kid behind me in line at the Liberty Wally World the other night is going to live forever.  ;)

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2016, 09:51:26 PM »
Haha let's not get carried away there Ed 😉

Offline guins4dayz

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2016, 10:06:24 PM »
Weed?  We still suspend guys for weed?   If we are going to stay in the middle ages, why don't we just subject them to the rack for weed?  Bo should let them play and suspend them from the prom! (and remember, I'm class of '73)

Randy Gregory agrees.
Randy Gregory is right!  This is as dumb as ignoring the current stupid rules.

The rules that state it's illegal?  Yea, just follow the damn rules and stay eligible.  Or, continue to let them get away with it and ruin the rest of their lives.

Weed is going to run the rest of their lives?

No, not at all.  But teaching someone that they are above the rules will 100% ruin the rest of their life and Randy Gregory is living proof of that.  I could not care less about what it is, follow the rules or you're going to be in trouble.  Letting someone to skate by does them no good.  That is my point. 

Offline guins4dayz

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2016, 10:12:10 PM »

While I'm 100% pro legalization, there the medical benefits have not been proven to have any healing, more pain relief which is not as long term damaging as many pain relievers.

However, that isn't the point.  The point is following rules.  Pelini allowing Randy to do whatever he pleased and not suspend him for repeated drug violations has caused him to continue his issues in the NFL.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2016, 10:37:52 PM »

While I'm 100% pro legalization, there the medical benefits have not been proven to have any healing, more pain relief which is not as long term damaging as many pain relievers.

However, that isn't the point.  The point is following rules.  Pelini allowing Randy to do whatever he pleased and not suspend him for repeated drug violations has caused him to continue his issues in the NFL.

At some point the young man needs to become responsible for himself. Can't babysit everyone 24/7.

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2016, 08:08:12 AM »
 Disagree 100%, cover-up always worse than the crime, Tressel should know better from what happened at Ohio State.  Get out in front of this and move on.   Now all kinds of speculation; heroin, cocaine, etc.

If this were a big time media town, YSU would be getting roasted for this kind of behavior, they can't bury this one.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 08:08:45 AM by YSUFANSINCE1990 »

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2016, 08:26:01 AM »
Disagree 100%, cover-up always worse than the crime, Tressel should know better from what happened at Ohio State.  Get out in front of this and move on.   Now all kinds of speculation; heroin, cocaine, etc.

If this were a big time media town, YSU would be getting roasted for this kind of behavior, they can't bury this one.

I don't see anyone covering anything up. I'm sure they are waiting for the NCAA to give them their final ruling on it. This isn't cut and dry. We don't know if it's any of the kids first offense. If it's weed for all the players. Heck one could be adderral, then you have to file papers from a doctor saying he is aloud to take it.
Bo will have his weekly press conference at 11:30 and we should all find out more than. I still don't think he will name names. I don't blame him if he doesn't say who the players are.You don't want Eastern Washington to know.
As for the players they who they are and what it may have cost this team and how they let their teammates down.
I still think with the players that will be suspended YSU has a good chance of winning.

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2016, 09:07:12 AM »

I don't see anyone covering anything up. I'm sure they are waiting for the NCAA to give them their final ruling on it. This isn't cut and dry. We don't know if it's any of the kids first offense. If it's weed for all the players. Heck one could be adderral, then you have to file papers from a doctor saying he is aloud to take it.
Bo will have his weekly press conference at 11:30 and we should all find out more than. I still don't think he will name names. I don't blame him if he doesn't say who the players are.You don't want Eastern Washington to know.
As for the players they who they are and what it may have cost this team and how they let their teammates down.
I still think with the players that will be suspended YSU has a good chance of winning.

Trust me, Bo did not want this coming out, and would have never publicly said anything if it wasn't for the newspaper.  Randy Gregory failed 7 tests at Nebraska and Bo never said a word.  Same goes for Alexander.