Author Topic: Possible Player Suspensions  (Read 70157 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Player Suspensions
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2016, 05:33:14 PM »
Charles Grove reporting 1 impact player on offense, 2 impact players on defense and a 4th that plays a significant role he didn't say if that player was offense or defense. There will be a story in tonight's Vindicator and those players will not be making the trip. I think this is a high number to test positive out of the 12 that were tested..Very concerning

I think everyone has the concept wrong.  One person, (probably Ruiz because he sat out) popped on the screen from the 12 players tested in Jacksonville. 

The probably got the results back last week....let's say Wednesday for the sake of discussion.  On Wed YSU gets a call from NCAA saying one of your guys popped.  Okay we need to call a screening company and get the team in here for additional testing.  This probably happened on Friday.  Then we play the game on Saturday and only Ruiz is out but he accidently get in for one play ( don't fully understand that).  Sunday the results are emailed by the results are sent to the NCAA then they call YSU and they say 4 more popped.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2016, 05:38:26 PM »
WKBN at 5 is stating they "will not release names". Also saying YSU will not comment. I think it's safe to say it's Ruiz. But, who else?

Well Alesi, Scott and Damon Patteson were in for most of the game, which is unusual. So let's look at the participation at WR and returns. I think I know who might one of the others on offense. Not my position to gossip or speculate. We have to get this out and get back to work!! Like Power and Chief said ..."next man up". These guys are not invincible.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2016, 05:45:59 PM »
Everyone will know soon enough.  Will be interesting to see the roster.

Online Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2016, 06:23:49 PM »
Probably not PEDs, probably Ganja.  Thats what kids this age do.  It is all speculation.

Bingo - no speculation..nailed it.
I'm class of '73, WTF is Ganja?

You have me by almost 10, It was just before my time, but the word became famous from Cheech & Chong. They were meeting up with some Jamaican dealer. It was slang for weed.
I am the class of 71. I thought it was called Grass back then.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2016, 06:40:28 PM »
At the radio show - 27 here already and Heard 21 and Vindicator coming. If it bleeds it leads.

Go Guins!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2016, 06:42:29 PM »
Check that. Stan Boney just left. I think there was an argument about them being here.
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline clawman

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2016, 06:45:11 PM »
At the radio show - 27 here already and Heard 21 and Vindicator coming. If it bleeds it leads.

Go Guins!
Which radio station?

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2016, 06:45:28 PM »
It is what it is, if rules were broken then pay the price. Does not matter who it was at this point, we will know on Sat.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2016, 06:53:34 PM »

Go Guins!
Which radio station?

570. WKBN
THE DRIVE FOR 5

ytowngirl

« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2016, 07:24:46 PM »
Weed?  We still suspend guys for weed?   If we are going to stay in the middle ages, why don't we just subject them to the rack for weed?  Bo should let them play and suspend them from the prom! (and remember, I'm class of '73)

Randy Gregory agrees.
Randy Gregory is right!  This is as dumb as ignoring the current stupid rules.

The rules that state it's illegal?  Yea, just follow the damn rules and stay eligible.  Or, continue to let them get away with it and ruin the rest of their lives.

Weed is going to run the rest of their lives?

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2016, 07:26:32 PM »
Weed?  We still suspend guys for weed?   If we are going to stay in the middle ages, why don't we just subject them to the rack for weed?  Bo should let them play and suspend them from the prom! (and remember, I'm class of '73)

Randy Gregory agrees.

Randy Gregory is right!  This is as dumb as ignoring the current stupid rules.

The rules that state it's illegal?  Yea, just follow the damn rules and stay eligible.  Or, continue to let them get away with it and ruin the rest of their lives.

Weed is going to run the rest of their lives?

And will be legalized everywhere in the next 3 years

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2016, 07:40:01 PM »
We don't need a weed debate. This is a football board. It is not legal and they know what comes after a game. Opinions are just what they are.

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2016, 07:44:24 PM »
You are right, it isn't a board about weed. It's just hard to ignore messages like " weed is going to ruin their lives."  It's 2016 not 1950 so if someone is going to comment about it please be educated. 

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2016, 07:47:44 PM »
no mention on the radio show.  what is it a secret

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2016, 07:52:49 PM »
You are right, it isn't a board about weed. It's just hard to ignore messages like " weed is going to ruin their lives."  It's 2016 not 1950 so if someone is going to comment about it please be educated.

Still just an opinion and as valid as yours. If not more given what just happened. The rule is simple, I am simply amazed that this happened ...if indeed it did.