Author Topic: Possible Player Suspensions  (Read 71012 times)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Player Suspensions
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2016, 08:26:11 AM »
  The information aboe is 100% accurate.   I have a friend in the athletic department at YSU, he told me a day before it was public that Pelini would be the coach, and I was also told two months ago that Hunter Wellls would return at QB, and I posted here.

My friend is not a gossip, he and the entire athletic department are devastated by this news.

At least 3 starters, and at least 2 other players will be suspended Saturday night.  I don't think it is responsible to post names of players.   YSU will try and bury this, but it is out there, and then need to get out in front of this.

What's sad is that a time when the football program should be excited and celebrating, there is a dark cloud hanging over them.   

All of you can figure out the one player, he only played one play Saturday.

Let us hope they do not include: 3,5,9,11 on D and 6,20 on O

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2016, 08:37:09 AM »
1990 can you tell me if this is a player only issue?

Offline ysupenguins14

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2016, 11:46:26 AM »
C'mon guys, this is obviously an internal matter.  No need to make it public for everyone to see.  Until they make it public, let's not speculate and tarnish the images of these young men. 

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2016, 11:55:15 AM »
C'mon guys, this is obviously an internal matter.  No need to make it public for everyone to see.  Until they make it public, let's not speculate and tarnish the images of these young men.
How can it be "obviously an internal matter" when I read about it on a blog and I am going to know the names of the players when they take the field in EWU Saturday?  What this is, is a "slow release public matter".
Ask Hillary Clinton how the slow release method keeps everything under wraps!  Any attempt at coverup only makes it worse, and doesn't hid a thing.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ysupenguins14

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2016, 12:59:54 PM »
How can it be "obviously an internal matter" when I read about it on a blog and I am going to know the names of the players when they take the field in EWU Saturday?  What this is, is a "slow release public matter".
Ask Hillary Clinton how the slow release method keeps everything under wraps!  Any attempt at coverup only makes it worse, and doesn't hid a thing.
I personally have no idea what these players have done and it is very worrisome how some are describing it.  I'd much prefer someone just say what they did than leaving the door open to a wide variety of things that these players might have done.  I hope it's not too serious.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2016, 01:20:26 PM »
Selfish is all I can think of. Not caring about teammates, school, coaches, family, nor is fans who have stuck by this team through the best of times and the worst. Selfish!!

Go Guins!!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2016, 01:25:41 PM »
Selfish is all I can think of. Not caring about teammates, school, coaches, family, nor is fans who have stuck by this team through the best of times and the worst. Selfish!!

Go Guins!!
I "get" the selfish comment, but I don't think this was something they thought out and made a conscious decision to do something for their benefit, at the expense of the team.  Because we demand the "slow release" method of disclosure and can I only speculate at this point, I bet it was probably a bunch of "kids" acting as kids do, dumbly and without thinking.

Offline PENS16

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2016, 02:09:37 PM »
Vindy reports 12 players tested following Jacksonville State game. Four players will be suspended for substance abuse.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2016, 02:10:24 PM »
YSU is not used to playing in December.  The kids need to understand this is what you play for.
Why did they play against Wofford???????
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 02:12:32 PM by YSU1 »

Offline guins4dayz

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2016, 02:32:14 PM »
YSU is not used to playing in December.  The kids need to understand this is what you play for.
Why did they play against Wofford???????

Because that's the Pelini M.O. 

Is anyone really shocked?  I mean, there is a reason Randy Gregory is where he is and there is a reason Alexander ever stepped foot in Youngstown.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2016, 02:47:24 PM »
This is reported on the Vindy:

YOUNGSTOWN — Two sources have confirmed to The Vindicator that at least four Youngstown State University football players will be suspended from Saturday's FCS national semifinal game against Eastern Washington for testing positive for an unknown substance.

At least 12 Penguin football players were subjected to routine testing after the Jacksonville State game on Dec. 3.

This is a breaking news story. Watch Vindy.com for updates.

Don't Miss a Story

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2016, 02:48:12 PM »
If I said every single high school player and every single college player and every single NFL player uses PED's I'd be closer to the truth than any other comment you will read.  Kid comes out of high school 6-3 230 OT and redshirts a year and is 6-4 320 OL in some 18 months and you think that is natural?  Sorry, no.  But with random testing and pretty much -0- off season, and designer drugs it is rare anybody gets caught.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2016, 02:50:41 PM »
This is speculation, but I suspect that they did a random after the Jax State game and one of them popped.  Once that happened they tested the rest of the team and got the results the following week (this week).  Now they have a bigger issue in their hands because it wasn't limited to one player.  Makes sense to me because I drug test my employees and that's sort of how it works.  They probably just found out about the other players late yesterday.  They wouldn't have knowingly played them.  Some people need to use their critical thinking skills on here

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2016, 02:51:18 PM »
If I said every single high school player and every single college player and every single NFL player uses PED's I'd be closer to the truth than any other comment you will read.  Kid comes out of high school 6-3 230 OT and redshirts a year and is 6-4 320 OL in some 18 months and you think that is natural?  Sorry, no.  But with random testing and pretty much -0- off season, and designer drugs it is rare anybody gets caught.

I agree with you Guin 100%
But they aren't being suspended for PED's

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2016, 02:51:48 PM »
Probably not PEDs, probably Ganja.  Thats what kids this age do.  It is all speculation.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 03:06:36 PM by penguinpower »