Author Topic: Possible Player Suspensions  (Read 71041 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Player Suspensions
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2016, 09:11:01 AM »
Disagree 100%, cover-up always worse than the crime, Tressel should know better from what happened at Ohio State.  Get out in front of this and move on.   Now all kinds of speculation; heroin, cocaine, etc.

If this were a big time media town, YSU would be getting roasted for this kind of behavior, they can't bury this one.

I don't see anyone covering anything up. I'm sure they are waiting for the NCAA to give them their final ruling on it. This isn't cut and dry. We don't know if it's any of the kids first offense. If it's weed for all the players. Heck one could be adderral, then you have to file papers from a doctor saying he is aloud to take it.
Bo will have his weekly press conference at 11:30 and we should all find out more than. I still don't think he will name names. I don't blame him if he doesn't say who the players are.You don't want Eastern Washington to know.
As for the players they who they are and what it may have cost this team and how they let their teammates down.
I still think with the players that will be suspended YSU has a good chance of winning.

Trust me, Bo did not want this coming out, and would have never publicly said anything if it wasn't for the newspaper.  Randy Gregory failed 7 tests at Nebraska and Bo never said a word.  Same goes for Alexander.

Alexander was suspended, hence why he transferred to YSU ?

ytowngirl

« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2016, 09:28:40 AM »
You are right, it isn't a board about weed. It's just hard to ignore messages like " weed is going to ruin their lives."  It's 2016 not 1950 so if someone is going to comment about it please be educated.

Still just an opinion and as valid as yours. If not more given what just happened. The rule is simple, I am simply amazed that this happened ...if indeed it did.

How are you amazed?  You think this doesn't happen all the time?  Players smoke weed all over the country.  Hell a few years back half the military was smoking spice.  But it's no big deal if they go out and get drunk.

Offline NEDOC

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2016, 09:43:55 AM »
Disagree 100%, cover-up always worse than the crime, Tressel should know better from what happened at Ohio State.  Get out in front of this and move on.   Now all kinds of speculation; heroin, cocaine, etc.

If this were a big time media town, YSU would be getting roasted for this kind of behavior, they can't bury this one.

I don't see anyone covering anything up. I'm sure they are waiting for the NCAA to give them their final ruling on it. This isn't cut and dry. We don't know if it's any of the kids first offense. If it's weed for all the players. Heck one could be adderral, then you have to file papers from a doctor saying he is aloud to take it.
Bo will have his weekly press conference at 11:30 and we should all find out more than. I still don't think he will name names. I don't blame him if he doesn't say who the players are.You don't want Eastern Washington to know.
As for the players they who they are and what it may have cost this team and how they let their teammates down.
I still think with the players that will be suspended YSU has a good chance of winning.

Trust me, Bo did not want this coming out, and would have never publicly said anything if it wasn't for the newspaper.  Randy Gregory failed 7 tests at Nebraska and Bo never said a word.  Same goes for Alexander.

Not true at all.  For several reasons other than what I know....  #1 being that Bo isn't the one who administers the drug tests, and #2 Bo wasn't the one at NU in charge of suspensions or disciplining players who tested positive.  To my knowledge, Gregory didn't test positive at all as his issues were with substances that weren't tested for at the collegiate level.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2016, 09:57:12 AM »
You are right, it isn't a board about weed. It's just hard to ignore messages like " weed is going to ruin their lives."  It's 2016 not 1950 so if someone is going to comment about it please be educated.

Still just an opinion and as valid as yours. If not more given what just happened. The rule is simple, I am simply amazed that this happened ...if indeed it did.

How are you amazed?  You think this doesn't happen all the time?  Players smoke weed all over the country.  Hell a few years back half the military was smoking spice.  But it's no big deal if they go out and get drunk.

As if that one has not been heard since the 70's.  Should we bring back all those that went to Canada to avoid weed prosecution  ::)  They violated the law and let the team down ...is there anymore to say that is not some attempt to politicize this topic? Furthermore they should be lucky that it happened in a random school-program test, or it would be a legal matter staying with them the rest of their lives.

I am amazed that they would let so many people down and they knew there was mandated testing and STILL did it. It is simply a question of character and brains. Has almost nothing to do with pot.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 10:00:19 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2016, 10:37:57 AM »
Agree. They need to get out in front of this and put it behind them!!  The team needs to move on as does Bo. The Athletic Department can't let this fester. The longer it does the more speculation. The more speculation the less trust in the system by the fans and media.

Go Guins!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2016, 12:28:27 PM »
Agree. They need to get out in front of this and put it behind them!!  The team needs to move on as does Bo. The Athletic Department can't let this fester. The longer it does the more speculation. The more speculation the less trust in the system by the fans and media.

You're spot on.  They don't have to release the names, but at least acknowledge that it happened so it can be put to rest and everyone can move on to EW.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2016, 12:40:43 PM »

You're spot on.  They don't have to release the names, but at least acknowledge that it happened so it can be put to rest and everyone can move on to EW.

I'm pretty sure everyone has moved on. Except maybe the fans and media. Like Bo said next man up. Can't worry about it. Live and learn and move on. We will all find out on Saturday who they were. Until then let's worry about beating Eastern Washington

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2016, 01:26:07 PM »
 old news!  Go YSU!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline penmight

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2016, 01:33:49 PM »
This is amateur hour crap. If you want to be treated like an important program (and not one where you have to spend a week begging for people to show up to a playoff game) you have to get out in front of this and deal with it publicly.

People pay tuition, state taxes fund this stuff, graduates donate... let's see some transparency here.

Offline HTOTYoungstown

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2016, 02:50:07 PM »
It's already out on Ruiz.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2016, 02:50:58 PM »
It came out... Man. Well for sure Ruiz isn't playing. Surprised that he would do that.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2016, 02:53:30 PM »
Any word on press conference?  Did they bring it up??
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2016, 03:08:38 PM »
What about Ruiz?

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile

Offline 2000YSU

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2016, 03:19:35 PM »
They did bring it up during the press conference some of Bo's quotes "we aren't going to talk about it" and "now that we are having success now all the sudden there is a story" " There was one young man who I didn't play in a game halfway through the game and nobody reported it" quotes are from Charles Grove.