Author Topic: Eastern Washington  (Read 69838 times)

Offline SE174

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Washington
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2016, 01:52:35 PM »
Thanks for the laughs. Ask Richmond and their 1.3 ypc how they felt about our run defense.

While your making yourself feel better. Why don't you ask Wofford, the number 5 total defense how they handled our running game. Here's a hint. They didn't. EWU isn't even ranked in the top 50.
You can also call Jax State and ask how there QB did against our Defense

So yes you are one dimensional. We shut down the short stuff and pound the rock. Your in trouble.

*you're

No we're not.

Offline SE174

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2016, 01:58:21 PM »
Thanks for the laughs. Ask Richmond and their 1.3 ypc how they felt about our run defense.

While your making yourself feel better. Why don't you ask Wofford, the number 5 total defense how they handled our running game. Here's a hint. They didn't. EWU isn't even ranked in the top 50.

So yes you are one dimensional. We shut down the short stuff and pound the rock. Your in trouble.

You keep spouting things that aren't true... By play count we run more than you pass. The penguins are definitely more one dimensional from a game planning perspective. And we still average more than 4y per carry doing it, not earth shattering but it moves the chains at one of the best rates in FCS. We CAN use the short passing game OR run the ball. By yards its been a smaller part of the offense but we do run the ball effectively. Richmond learned that pretty quickly after selling out on the pass.

We are ranked 7th in the FCS in rushing offense. Eastern Washington isn't ranked in the top 50. You haven't played a defense quite like ours yet. If the weather affects the passing game like it should I like our chances

LOL. You're right, NDSU's defense isn't like yours.... it's better. Their starting safeties weren't suspended either. Both teams are playing in the same weather. I'm not worried. Just as likely, if not more likely that your RBs put the ball on the ground as much as our WRs. Except when a RB does it, it's fumble with a 50/50 chance of turnover. When a WR does it, it's just an incomplete pass. 

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2016, 02:04:07 PM »
Looking forward to this game. I can't wait actually  fb go penguins, but hopefully we can have a good clean game.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2016, 03:15:56 PM »
"Just as likely, if not more likely that your RBs put the ball on the ground as much as our WRs. Except when a RB does it, it's fumble with a 50/50 chance of turnover. When a WR does it, it's just an incomplete pass."

Did you have to google that or did you ask your mommy to explain it to you. Either way thanks for sharing the knowledge.

Offline SE174

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2016, 03:39:19 PM »
"Just as likely, if not more likely that your RBs put the ball on the ground as much as our WRs. Except when a RB does it, it's fumble with a 50/50 chance of turnover. When a WR does it, it's just an incomplete pass."

Did you have to google that or did you ask your mommy to explain it to you. Either way thanks for sharing the knowledge.

Your age and IQ are showing again.

Notice the correct use of your. You're welcome.

Offline SE174

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2016, 03:45:42 PM »
http://herosports.com/news/eastern-washington-football-embraces-record-cold-fcs-playoffs-semifinal

But the Eagles aren't worried. As Eastern Washington senior wide receiver Shaq Hill (pictured left) said before a frigid practice Tuesday afternoon, everyone will be cold. It's just a matter of how you handle it.

“There’s really no way they can hide it," Hill said. "We know they’re cold. We’re cold. It’s just who’s not going to make the excuse at the end of the day.”
“I think a lot of people saw that with the turnovers, the ball just seemed slippery for Richmond," Gubrud said. "But we had been practicing all week and we knew how the ball was going to feel and we knew how the surface was going to feel, so I think it’s a little easier for us to adjust.”

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2016, 04:04:18 PM »

It's a freaking message board ********.  Didn't know it was a English class.  Why don't you go back to your own board. That's if you have one.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2016, 05:50:20 PM »

Really? Let's be civil and just talk football.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline dudeitsaid

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2016, 07:46:32 PM »
Yes Go Guins ...like all the teams from the Sky, they can sling the ball. What they have going for them is something most of the other Sky teams do not have ...a defense and a stupid red field. Nothing personal Eagle Fans but Blue, Red and Purple fields? The NCAA issues pages to make certain that fields are consistent ... yet permit something so atrocious ...I have never understood it.   LOL

Worse than playing on it is watching it. Especially on TV. Since both team can play in snow ...let's hope for a light dusting.  :)

I agree they can sling all over the yard. But to say they have a good defense is ridiculous.
Wofford is ranked #5 in total defense, we are ranked 11th. Eastern Washington isn't in the top 50. The shut out against Richmond was their first in 109 games

That is a great point...sounds like exactly what Rocco was saying in his interview before Richmond played them.  Please pass on your statistics based observations to the coaching staff.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2016, 07:50:22 PM »
Just got word - flight delayed -were supposed to leave at 7:00 - won't leave until later tonight...and it continues.  Same thing as 97'.  Have to overcome this now too...

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline dudeitsaid

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2016, 07:57:47 PM »
Does anybody know if EWU is allowed to keep the balls warm with a heater on the side line? They could switch out to a warm ball every offense play to give them an advantage. Catching a warmer ball wearing good gloves might not be an issue for their passing game. Does NCAA have any rules on that? Could they not switch the warm balls for us when we are on offense?
I played soccer. It was very tough to kick the ball in 20 degrees weather. I cannot imagine kicking and punting the ball for distance in 0 degree.

FYI, EWU will warm the balls, so that will help a ton.  Of course, it won't take long for them to harden in that cold!

Offline dudeitsaid

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2016, 08:08:27 PM »
If I didn't know any better I would think this is a EWU forum with all these "if we wanna have a shot" quotes!!! First off no team has stopped or even really slowed our ground game, not even NDSU or SDSU, that's was just at a time when our offense was putrid and we were turning the ball over at an alarming rate! Well those days are behind us and we are playing great ball in every phase of the game other than last week's kicking game mishaps because Kennedy was hurt. EWU run defense is terrible, their biggest weakest is our biggest strength. You can run the football in any weather but I'm not sure you can throw with the same effectiveness @ 0° so advantage Guins there also! Another thing guys are losing the minds over is how many times can we run the ball without Ruiz, well Webb carried it 37 times Saturday with 1 fumble, as a team I think we ran it 49 times and Ruiz carried it 1x so that's something we need not worry about! Webb just broke the school record for single game All-Purpose yards and has been on an 1st Team All-American type rare since his knee is back to 100% but we are worried about someone that is not gonna b playing? Doesn't make sense to me. Now I am worried about both of our Safties being out but Powell has played well all year so I think we will b ok. This isn't the same team from earlier in the year, they will b fine!!! No one dimensional team can beat this Guins team, period!!! See you guys in Frisco!

Neither is this team...so, back off the stats a little, they don't tell the whole story.  Why do you think the rushing D at EWU looks so bad?  Almost every team we play tries the same strategy, chew clock by running the ball.  We also played some top offenses, including who was the top rushing offense in the FCS at the time we played them.  The MVFC tends to be more ball control focused, and I would guess overall the number of possessions is dramatically lower.  EWU is more of an uptempo quick strike offense (though not as much as in the past), and affords teams more possessions against us, which also contributes to the inflated stats against us.  We have also played several top offenses, including FBS WSU, who we held out of the end zone for over 30 minutes.

YSU is going to be tremendously tough for EWU, as will any of the QF teams. 

I do see Webb as your greatest weapon, and your DE's being a close second.  You guys can absolutely win this game.  I think this will be one of our toughest games, and your overall defense is tremendous.  If EWU can build a lead early, that's our best path to victory. 

Offline dudeitsaid

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2016, 08:15:02 PM »

You keep spouting things that aren't true... By play count we run more than you pass. The penguins are definitely more one dimensional from a game planning perspective. And we still average more than 4y per carry doing it, not earth shattering but it moves the chains at one of the best rates in FCS. We CAN use the short passing game OR run the ball. By yards its been a smaller part of the offense but we do run the ball effectively. Richmond learned that pretty quickly after selling out on the pass.

We are ranked 7th in the FCS in rushing offense. Eastern Washington isn't ranked in the top 50. You haven't played a defense quite like ours yet. If the weather affects the passing game like it should I like our chances

I'm not sure what you mean by that...Is it the fact that we haven't played your personnel?  NDSU is superior to you guys in almost every important defensive statistical category.  I understand you guys are different, but if you are insisting we haven't seen a good defense, I don't know where you are coming from. 

*Edit
Just looked, and UNI is exactly in the same place for total defense.  Richmond was giving up only five more yards than you guys.  Once again, you guys are really good on D, and will be an incredible test for our team.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 08:24:21 PM by dudeitsaid »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2016, 08:44:26 PM »
Please be civil.  There isn't a single one of us on the field.   Both teams are outstanding.  Should be fun

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2016, 09:01:35 PM »
https://youtu.be/u_A5sATOBxE

HERE WE GO!!

WE ARE.......

GO GUINS!!!   DOMINATE!!!
THE DRIVE FOR 5