Author Topic: Penguin Game Day: Penguins vs. Bulldogs  (Read 30510 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Penguin Game Day: Penguins vs. Bulldogs
« on: November 26, 2016, 08:16:53 AM »
The Youngstown State football team will play host to its first FCS playoff game in a decade on Saturday when the Penguins take on Samford. Kickoff for the contest at Stambaugh Stadium is set for 5:05 p.m.

Also on Saturday at YSU, the men's basketball team will be in action at noon against Canisius at the Beeghly Center. All parking for the YSU basketball game is in the M-60 deck just off Fifth Avenue.

Tailgating festivities are set to begin bright and early at 11 a.m. Beer will be on sale in both lots start at that time. Parking in the M-62, M-71, M-72 and decks (M-30 and M-60) is available for $5.

YSU students are reminded that seating for the contest is in Section 7 on the West side of Stambaugh Stadium. There is no seating in the usual YSU student section at midfield on the East side of the Stadium, which is located directly behind the Samford bench, per NCAA regulations.

Tickets are available for the contest on Friday from 9-6 p.m. by calling or visiting the YSU Athletics Ticket Office and on Saturday starting at 9 a.m. Online sales are available all day Friday.

YSU students can purchase tickets for $5 for the YSU Athletic Ticket Office on Friday and Saturday. Free student tickets are still available at the YSU Bookstore on Saturday starting at noon.

Tickets on Friday are $15 and on game-day prices increase to $18 for reserved seats. Tailgate parking passes are also available for $25.

For those individuals who cannot make Saturday's game can follow the game via LIVE AUDIO | LIVE VIDEO on Watch ESPN. The contest is also available on the iHeartMedia app (570 WKBN).

Saturday's Schedule

9 a.m. - Athletic Ticket Office opens
11 a.m. - Tailgate Lots (M-63 and M-70) open | Parking available in M-62/M-72
Noon - YSU Men's Basketball vs. Canisius (Beeghly Center)
3:30 p.m. - Stambaugh Stadium Gates Open
3:30 p.m. - North/South/East Side Ticket Booths Open/Handicap Parking Available behind East Stands
3:45 p.m. - YSU Marching Pride "Ice Breaker" North of the Andrews Wellness Center
4 p.m. - 570 WKBN YSU/Pizza Hut Tailgate Show Live from M-70 Lot
4 p.m. - Mosure Hall of Gridiron Glory Opens on Concourse Level
4:47 p.m. - YSU Marching Pride Pregame Show
5 p.m. - Tailgate Lots Closes
5:05 p.m. - YSU vs. Samford

Halftime: YSU Marching Pride

Postgame: Fifth-Quarter Call-in Radio Show on 570 WKBN

On Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter fans are encouraged to use #GoGuins and #PenguinNation when posting photos, videos or tweets. If you need assistance in the tailgate lot contact YSU Police @YSUpolice on twitter or call (330) 941-3527.

Fan Services and credit card sales are available on at the YSU Athletic Ticket Office inside Stambaugh Stadium. Visiting team will call is located behind the East stands.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Penguin Game Day: Penguins vs. Bulldogs
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 08:59:07 AM »
There is no seating in the usual YSU student section at midfield on the East side of the Stadium, which is located directly behind the Samford bench, per NCAA regulations.

Hilarious! Is that so D1 FB players can have a safe space?  "Coach, that really mean boy called my mother a ____ ______....sniff "
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 09:23:39 AM »
I think that the official reason for security of players and coaches to communicate. However, I think in reality you are spot-on Nation.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 09:37:02 AM »
There is no seating in the usual YSU student section at midfield on the East side of the Stadium, which is located directly behind the Samford bench, per NCAA regulations.

Hilarious! Is that so D1 FB players can have a safe space?  "Coach, that really mean boy called my mother a ____ ______....sniff "

And everyone gets a participation trophy after the game too.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 10:25:43 AM »
It could also be for ESPN 3. It will look like the crowd is bigger on TV if most of the fans are all on one side and the cameras are pointed that way

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 03:51:55 PM »
I think the MI/tOSU OT will cost YSU ~500 in attendance.  Maybe next time embrace it and have the game on a jumbo screen in a tailgate lot with free food from a local sponsor.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 03:58:25 PM »
Avery Moss is out.....

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 04:26:41 PM »
chief I saw that. Big loss for the penguins Defense today to have him out. Hopefully it is not a serious injury and he heals up soon.

ytowngirl

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 06:20:38 PM »
Crowd is small. 

Offline WeAreYoungstown

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 06:34:18 PM »
Gotta love when you go to a playoff game and only two concession stands are open...the next time the baseball team cries because of decreased funds I won't care and site this game as an example of their lazinessness

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 06:40:06 PM »
Fun fact: Samford is in the bottom 3 in the SoCon in total D, rush D, and Pass D.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 06:45:55 PM »
Please fire Montgomery.

Great call to the tightend

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 06:47:50 PM »
Samford D getting tired ?

ytowngirl

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2016, 07:06:48 PM »
Samford D getting tired ?

They are starting to look overmatched.  The O line is getting a huge push.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 07:17:41 PM »
Great defense, great ball control. One more quarter fellas!