Author Topic: Samford @ YSU 5pm Kickoff  (Read 51903 times)

Offline penguin8797

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Samford @ YSU 5pm Kickoff
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2016, 08:17:12 PM »
Tickets in hand!
Got my tickets yesterday. I will be going with my 2 sons from out of town. We used to go to all YSU home games and playoff home games when they were growing up. We all remember the game against Nova when Goode made the fourth down catch and Wilkins nailed the field goal into the wind.
Go  Penguins.

Herb Williams - but love the enthusiasm!!

Go Guins!
You are right. I got those two guys mixed up.

There were the three famous 4th-down catches, I forget who was involved in two of these if anyone remembers:

1) in the 1997 title game that toss for the games only TD by Tidwell to Ray.

2) I think it against Marshall (but could have been Nova), where the 4th-down pass was caught about the 10. I remember he was completely extended and we thought he would land out of bounds. I was standing less than 10-yards away and I held my breath that it did not touch the ground.

3) The 4th-down toss that bounced of off 2 and was caught.

Can someone refresh me on 2 & 3? Stick or ET?

except the 97 touchdown to Ray was on 3rd down

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2016, 09:54:36 AM »
Just finished watching their overtime loss to the Citadel. They have speed and athleticism across the board and they are a good football team. Citadel had success with the triple option and getting their backs in space. I think we have the players to play man coverage aginst them. That along with a strong pass rush could make it very difficult for their Qb. I'm still thinking our best defense will be long sustained drives by our offense to give our defense the rest they will need to continually defend the pass. Carl needs to dial up a great game plan and I think he will. My pick 27-13 YSU

ValleyTalk

« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2016, 10:42:44 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

If the topic of the YSU game comes up today at your dinner, encourage everyone there to attend Saturday's game. If need be, show them the fantastic "hype" video produced by YSU for the game that has gone viral on social media (42k views in under 24 hours): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo-heNMmLv0

There is definite enthusiasm for this game, but ultimately it doesn't matter if those people who are enthusiast choose to stay at home.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 10:46:40 AM by ValleyTalk »

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2016, 09:50:24 AM »

If the topic of the YSU game comes up today at your dinner, encourage everyone there to attend Saturday's game. If need be, show them the fantastic "hype" video produced by YSU for the game that has gone viral on social media (42k views in under 24 hours): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo-heNMmLv0

There is definite enthusiasm for this game, but ultimately it doesn't matter if those people who are enthusiast choose to stay at home.

Heard 3800 tickets sold - hoping for a 1000 walk up.  Bad weekend all around for game - OSU, Thanksgiving, weather...hopefully loud 4000-5000 there.

GO GUINS!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2016, 11:13:16 AM »

Heard 3800 tickets sold - hoping for a 1000 walk up.  Bad weekend all around for game - OSU, Thanksgiving, weather...hopefully loud 4000-5000 there.

GO GUINS!

Yikes....

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2016, 11:52:32 AM »
Maybe Terry Bowden will show up from Akron to see his old team lose?  Should bring back memories.  If I'm right, I understand the Zips won't be going anywhere the rest of the year? I didn't check but I don't think they have 6 wins do they?

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2016, 02:48:32 PM »
Zips season ended Tuesday night.

I really hope the rain ends early tomorrow, so some of the "fair-weather" fans come out.

Guins bama bound with a 20 - 17 victory.  McFadden with the winning field goal.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2016, 04:18:46 PM »

GO GUINS!

That is about how many hardcore fans we have
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2016, 05:07:21 PM »
I actually went with my girlfriend on Tuesday to get her student ticket (she's going to the game even though I can't). And they were no where near the 500 free student ticket number. The ticket office guy said that the game won't be a sellout, but they were expecting a decent crowd and they were going to make the money back from the bid and still have a profit. I don't know how much the bid cost, but if someone knows you can guess how many tickets sold from figuring a bit above the cost of the bid.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2016, 05:52:13 PM »
I actually went with my girlfriend on Tuesday to get her student ticket (she's going to the game even though I can't). And they were no where near the 500 free student ticket number. The ticket office guy said that the game won't be a sellout, but they were expecting a decent crowd and they were going to make the money back from the bid and still have a profit. I don't know how much the bid cost, but if someone knows you can guess how many tickets sold from figuring a bit above the cost of the bid.
FWIW: Ted Schmidt from PNC, who is sponsoring the 500 student tix, said Wednesday night on Penguin Gameday more than 400 of the 500 student tix were taken and they expected the remainder to be claimed.

In regards to the crowd itself, don't get me going. All I ask is that the people who do go make noise from start til finish. Also standing on third down is completely appropriate :)

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2016, 06:14:32 PM »
3800? Good lord. Those kids deserve better.

Has the local media been hyping it up?

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2016, 06:34:45 PM »
IMHO we can only HOPE for 12k.   Anything more than that would be icing on the cake.  But lets get real...anything within 5k of a sell out is just not going to happen.  And, unfortunately, media hype is
not going to make much of a difference.

I dont care...we will be there, as always.  And my 11 year would rather be tailgating and watching live rather than at the neighborhood buckeye party.

GO!!!  GUINS!!!!

ValleyTalk

« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2016, 11:16:21 PM »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2016, 06:14:57 AM »
It is gameday!!!!  fb fb fb
Just Guin Baby!!! Lets Get it!!!!!  8) fb

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2016, 06:57:43 AM »
Headed to the airport. Can't wait to get to the Ice Castle.
Go Guins 🐧🐧