Author Topic: today's games 9/24/16  (Read 7242 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
today's games 9/24/16
« on: September 24, 2016, 09:56:39 PM »
- Elon proved William & Mary is down this year.
- RMU squeaked by Malone - Malone must have missed the FG.
- WVU show just how bad they are today. They were terrible.
- WIU beat a very bad NIU team.
- N Dakota upset Montana State to get their first win.
- Cal Poly put up about 300-Yards rushing in win over Montana.
-

ValleyTalk

Re: today's games 9/24/16
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 10:02:56 PM »
-
False, North Dakota beat South Dakota last week.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 10:21:45 PM »
-

They beat a good BYU team on a neutral field, albeit closer proximity to West Virginia. That's a good win. Keep on with the crazy comments. Gives everyone a good laugh here on the board lol.

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 10:37:17 PM »
Other scores:

Kennesaw St. 36  Duquesne  28
Kansas St.     35  Missouri ST. 0 in 3rd

And WVU is a good team, but not a ALA, Ohio St. or Michigan.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 12:22:13 AM »
WVU was terrible. Just terrible. How is that crazy? I watched the entire game to see the YSU highlights and mentions ..there were just a few, but it was nice to hear.

All of this from the WVU website:

LANDOVER, Md. - In a game full of turnovers and mistakes, Maurice Fleming’s interception on the WVU two-yard line with a minute left preserved West Virginia’s 35-32 victory over hard-luck BYU here at FedExField in Landover, Maryland.

The Mountaineers, now 3-0 for the fourth time under coach Dana Holgorsen, needed all four turnovers BYU committed today to avoid blowing a 16-point fourth-quarter lead.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 12:28:20 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 09:51:46 AM »
Western Illinois 28, Northern Illinois 23

There is delicious low hanging fruit a bus ride away that we could feast on, in Dekalb as well as closer cities.  Instead we graze on rotten NECtarines.

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 10:16:05 AM »
Good insight 1AA, I still can't get over Indiana St. Putting up 30 plus points on the Illinois St. Defense. I'm thinking there's lots of strong offense's in our conference and the defense's will be put to the challenge . In the Montana game their Qb was 47 for 59 for 400 plus yards and had 21 completions to one receiver and Cal Poly still wins. I think some other FCS conferences are much stronger this year then years past. I think Indiana St. and Southern Illinois will be more of a challenge for us then I originally expected..I'm so ready for conference play to start

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 10:17:35 AM »

There is delicious low hanging fruit a bus ride away that we could feast on, in Dekalb as well as closer cities.  Instead we graze on rotten NECtarines.

Yeah a team that would destroy us on a regular basis and is still in the MAC .. with NO return game. So was it two or three years ago they were ranked #7 and played for the BCS championship? Was is just last year they almost upset Ohio State? Gee they have been in the last 6 MAC championships and beaten how many FBS ranked opponents? Although I will admit they are big post-season choke artists. Our best hope is that we all would then know we cannot compete in the MAC and lose even more of our fan-base. Sign me up!

Worse yet, let's play Kent ...possibly lose to a team that Alabama could have scored 100+points on. Then we would probably lose even more fans. If you want to be in the MAC, then send an email to Ron Strollo. Until then, I still say to put an end to all FBS vs FCS games.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 10:38:18 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 10:52:17 AM »

Yeah a team that would destroy us on a regular basis and is still in the MAC .. with NO return game. So was it two or three years ago they were ranked #7 and played for the BCS championship? Was is just last year they almost upset Ohio State? Gee they have been in the last 6 MAC championships and beaten how many FBS ranked opponents? Although I will admit they are big post-season choke artists. Our best hope is that we all would then know we cannot compete in the MAC and lose even more of our fan-base. Sign me up!

You undervalue the strength of YSU and the MVFC as a whole. NDSU, who we were leading in Q4 last year, just defeated #13 Iowa.  When we now play P5 opponents, we expect to have a reasonable chance of beating them.  We were leading IL until the butt punt a few years ago and led WVU last week....but we should fear the MAC...lol.

Kent, who lost to a MEAC school just got hammered by AL.  Embarrassing.  They are a disgrace and we would own them.

It's a down year to say the least for NIU, but yes, even middle of the pack MVFC teams should beat middle of the pack MAC teams.

Massey still ranks the MVFC higher than the MAC-East and multiple G5 conferences.

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2016&sub=11590&c=1

Is Massey wrong?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 12:02:55 PM »

You undervalue the strength of YSU and the MVFC as a whole. NDSU, who we were leading in Q4 last year, just defeated #13 Iowa.  When we now play P5 opponents, we expect to have a reasonable chance of beating them.  We were leading IL until the butt punt a few years ago and led WVU last week....but we should fear the MAC...lol.

Kent, who lost to a MEAC school just got hammered by AL.  Embarrassing.  They are a disgrace and we would own them.

It's a down year to say the least for NIU, but yes, even middle of the pack MVFC teams should beat middle of the pack MAC teams.

Massey still ranks the MVFC higher than the MAC-East and multiple G5 conferences.

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2016&sub=11590&c=1

Is Massey wrong?

I am not saying that we could not have more W's than L's against Kent ...but maybe not if we have to go to their house every year. Akron would probably own us if we had to travel there every year. Not worth it.

You keep bringing up NDSU. Say if you want to go back to a smash-mouth run-based offense, hey it was invented in the Valley and people love it most Friday nights. Yet you all complained when Heacock ran it. You wanted to run him out of town when he tried to change to a spread O. You complained about Wolf and the spread. You will not complain for at least 1 to 2 more year about Pelini and his spread. I take that back, you complain already because it is Montgomery's. So what is the answer?

How about we ask the trustees to move to one of the Dakotas, or maybe Idaho? Heck we to could be in an area where there are 6 states with a total of only 6 DI schools ...2 of which are FBS.

We are doing what is best for us right now, so just keep your fingers crossed and throw out some support for your team, staff and administration.

As to this season, the only decent team that we have played so far is WVU. I have watch all of WVU's three games they and I am convinced that a good FCS team should defeat them, including YSU. What does that mean? That means we have a way to go, starting this week. Our next goal is to go 8-0 in conference with an even split of home vs away contests. That is it & I know we can do it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 01:04:23 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 01:04:52 PM »
Fan,

I am not sure if we have the QB to do what you are saying.  Secondly, Klacik (whom I believe is missing a chromosome) ran the ball up the middle every single play.  That doesn't count for smash mouth football, it counts as stupidity because we had the talent to be a contender but pissed it away when we threw 2 passes per game.  Just saying
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 11:25:21 AM by penguinpower »

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 11:14:21 AM »
Kennesaw St Owls are for real!! Really helped YSU's argument for a good strength of schedule  ;D

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 11:56:46 AM »
"Kennesaw St Owls are for real!!"

Now there's a phrase you don't see everyday.  (1st in my lifetime, that's for sure)
How boring is a bye week 3 weeks into a season?  "Kennesaw State boring!!"
C'mon man, let's play some football!!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!