Author Topic: Bobby Morris  (Read 53642 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bobby Morris
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2016, 02:49:21 PM »
Agreed!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2016, 02:50:32 PM »

I fully agree.  I hate these games and I am not going to watch them anymore.  I don't care about it and if we lose we more than deserve it.  We don't belong playing these stupid teams and we don't belong in the MVFC.  Wish the people at the top would recognize this.

Wow,

I am asking myself if I should invest the time to watch a game where the outcome is predetermined, to watch a game that most certainly hurts us in the eyes of the playoff committee, to watch a game that doesn't provide an opportunity to be more prepared for league play.  The fans don't want to watch it either.  It is sickening.  If we want to pussyfoot around, then we should join the NEC, that way we can tell everyone how we dominate our league, make the playoffs and have a chance to play for a national championship.  These other teams have less scholarships and they are able to do what we aren't able to do.  Is it fair?  No but we need to do what it takes to:

1. Get the fans back at the games
2. Get to the playoffs
3. Compete for championships

My opinion is that athletics needs more money in order to do what we want them to do.

So build the new loges, change conferences (we could fit in CAA better), or say screw it and Join the MAC in 1A., but you have a better chance to get the fans back because the closest rival Towson would be 3.5 hours away in the CAA not 6 and by joining the MAC we would have true close natural rivals.  That gets the fans back and helps generate revenue.  We could get into the playoffs in the CAA and we could play all conference games except for the money game.  That also keeps people interested.

I hate what they are doing now.  I am not watching them play Bobby Morris anymore.  The question is who got hurt in all that futility? Hopefully no one that will be needed to win the conference
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 02:56:51 PM by penguinpower »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2016, 04:48:20 PM »

I fully agree.  I hate these games and I am not going to watch them anymore.  I don't care about it and if we lose we more than deserve it.  We don't belong playing these stupid teams and we don't belong in the MVFC.  Wish the people at the top would recognize this.

Wow,

I am asking myself if I should invest the time to watch a game where the outcome is predetermined, to watch a game that most certainly hurts us in the eyes of the playoff committee, to watch a game that doesn't provide an opportunity to be more prepared for league play.  The fans don't want to watch it either.  It is sickening.  If we want to pussyfoot around, then we should join the NEC, that way we can tell everyone how we dominate our league, make the playoffs and have a chance to play for a national championship.  These other teams have less scholarships and they are able to do what we aren't able to do.  Is it fair?  No but we need to do what it takes to:

2. Get to the playoffs

My opinion is that athletics needs more money in order to do what we want them to do.

So build the new loges, change conferences (we could fit in CAA better), or say screw it and Join the MAC in 1A., but you have a better chance to get the fans back because the closest rival Towson would be 3.5 hours away in the CAA not 6 and by joining the MAC we would have true close natural rivals.  That gets the fans back and helps generate revenue.  We could get into the playoffs in the CAA and we could play all conference games except for the money game.  That also keeps people interested.

I hate what they are doing now.  I am not watching them play Bobby Morris anymore.  The question is who got hurt in all that futility? Hopefully no one that will be needed to win the conference

Power, I actually agree with a lot of what you say, I am not a fan of our league, sure it is a great league but the schools are too far away, just can't get interested in them.

I also think there would be more interest in the CAA, not as much as if we were playing the Ohio schools but that will not happen soon. First the mac does not want us and second we do not have the money anyway. Until they drop down it aint happening.

The comments on this board that really puzzle me are when people indicate that they will not come to the games because of who we are playing. YSU could be playing Sebring and I would go and sit through the whole game because YSU is my team.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2016, 05:10:54 PM »

Wow,

2. Get to the playoffs

Power, I actually agree with a lot of what you say, I am not a fan of our league, sure it is a great league but the schools are too far away, just can't get interested in them.

I also think there would be more interest in the CAA, not as much as if we were playing the Ohio schools but that will not happen soon. First the mac does not want us and second we do not have the money anyway. Until they drop down it aint happening.

The comments on this board that really puzzle me are when people indicate that they will not come to the games because of who we are playing. YSU could be playing Sebring and I would go and sit through the whole game because YSU is my team.

They are also my team, but how do you get them to stop scheduling these poor teams?  The only way a fan can do this is by attending games and buying merchandise.  Unless there is a change at the AD level, I don't see this happening.  I have to wonder if we really couldn't afford to join the MAC.  If we played two money games as an FBS opponent we could get much higher payouts and we could schedule many of these games every week.  Plus a significant cost reduction in travel would be obtained.  I think we would have significantly higher attendance so with that being said, I think we could do it, especially looking at historical attendance of Kent, Akron, Buffalo and other MAC teams.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2016, 05:35:01 PM »
They are also my team, but how do you get them to stop scheduling these poor teams? 

I wish I had a good answer, but I do not. I do not know Strollo, I have no inside contacts, I am not a big money guy, just a longtime fan. With that said I can think of no reason why Strollo would not want to be a top notch program. If it was easy every FCS school would be at the top
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline mayor

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2016, 05:41:12 PM »
They are also my team, but how do you get them to stop scheduling these poor teams? As nice and approachable as Tressel is, has anybody asked him why we continue to do this? Just wondered.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2016, 06:32:09 PM »
I guess what bothers me is I guess fans in the stands don't matter. Are we getting more from the corporate side. We must or they wouldn't build loges.  I love my Penguins anybody that knows me I bleed the red and white. But I feel the fans, and even the players are getting screwed with having 2 BS games on the schedule. I have attended every playoff game and championship game I spend bot loads of $$$ alone to just attend and Penguin Club and other events for football.  If I am giving 2500 a yr to support athletics I want to feel we are scheduling the best competition and also create interest for the casual fan as well scheduling.  Basically what is happening we are being used on that second game to pay for the non revenue sports.  So 6 home games and no playoffs I am spending what $400 a game not counting tailgating stuff.  YSU is laughing all the way to the bank on that. 1 game with the Bobby Morris of the world is okay 2 it's fleecing your true fan.  So I guess my 2500 is chump change.    Being in FCS is a sham anyways.  You have some schools spending big bucks then you have the Butlers hardly spending anything the playoffs are even rigged.  When you host or bid on a game you have to give the NCAA 85% of the gate  I think of the gate so you lose money making the playoffs I think I have heard Strollo say it not a money maker at all.  I think Penguinpower is right we need to find a better fit.  CAA would be better for recruiting and traveling. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2016, 06:56:55 PM »
Doesn't Ohio State and other big time schools play smaller schools before their conference season starts ?   While RMC  might not spark interest.   playing WVU and the rugged MVC should allow YSU one or two lay downs.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2016, 07:56:58 PM »
I'm fine with 1 of the NEC schools. But I hate being playing 2. Find another good FCS opponent to play. I'm fine with a home and home.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2016, 11:38:24 PM »
Ok guys, I am really getting bored with all this talk about finances and ooc scheduling, but I will submit one more thing for you to consider, and then I am done with this topic

The loges have very little to do with football.  They have everything to do with wooing and stroking the egos of the donor class.  Last year, under the leadership of Tressel and Paul McFadden and his staff, the university raised $20 million.  That figure is also the goal for next year.  I cannot prove this, but logically many of the big money people sit in those loges.  Football is just one instrument that the university uses to reach into their pockets.  You may not like this.  I don't like this.  But it is reality.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2016, 02:44:45 PM »
Good point Wick.  I am tired of it too.  But  the fans who spend their hard earned money want to be heard and we are being ignored. It is what is I guess.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2016, 05:01:29 PM »
Good point Wick.  I am tired of it too.  But  the fans who spend their hard earned money want to be heard and we are being ignored. It is what is I guess.
I'm also tired of these threads, and I'm not sure I buy into the "hard earned money" aspect.  Yes, hard earned, but not that much of it.  Good grief, look around as see what "entertainment" costs.  $79 and more for decent seats at Covelli.  $50-400 for seats to see the Browns and my GOD, it's the BROWNS!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2016, 08:47:55 PM »
Hey we moved up to 16 from 20 after our big win.......

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2016, 10:04:48 AM »
Hey we moved up to 16 from 20 after our big win.......
Great, but will be slightly more meaningful if we beat a couple top 10 MVFC teams!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!