Author Topic: Bobby Morris  (Read 53276 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Bobby Morris
« on: September 14, 2016, 09:55:27 AM »
Game should be a blowout as RMU is not very good at all. They are on their 3rd string QB... Bo said a lot of players are banged up, including Ricky who did not practice yesterday. Also said Brock is progressing nicely from a foot injury and could play this week. I would hold out all injured or semi injured players with the bye next week and get 100% healthy for conference play.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bobby Morris
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 10:49:57 AM »
Game should be a blowout as RMU is not very good at all. They are on their 3rd string QB... Bo said a lot of players are banged up, including Ricky who did not practice yesterday. Also said Brock is progressing nicely from a foot injury and could play this week. I would hold out all injured or semi injured players with the bye next week and get 100% healthy for conference play.
Ditto on the "hold out" thought.  If we need Ricky and Brock to beat RM, then we will get killed in the MVFC anyway.   Anyway, I want to see full game from the start for Hosick (with mop-up duty for Wells)
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 11:27:36 AM »
Bo just didn't seem happy in his most recent press conference. Several questions were ask about Robert Morris and he either tried to dodge them or praise them for whatever he could. They had a total of 16 passing yards last week and 49 yards rushing. I believe they start two DT's that weight around 230-240. It's going to be ugly..Mooney or Boardman could probably beat them

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 11:31:22 AM »
When does Bo ever look happy during a press conference ?  ;) I agree though, not much to say about Bobby other than to say they stink.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 12:19:33 PM »
Their veteran quarterback probably returns from injury this week.  How much that makes them resemble a real college football team, who knows.  One could argue that we are not good enough to overlook anybody.  Look no further than last year against these guys after we played well in Pittsburgh. 

This does shape up as exactly what we did not need right before our conference opener.  Weak opponent, projected bad weather, another stupid 4:00 start with a poor crowd.  Not conducive to building up interest or confidence before South Dakota.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 12:20:01 PM »
Bo just didn't seem happy in his most recent press conference. Several questions were ask about Robert Morris and he either tried to dodge them or praise them for whatever he could. They had a total of 16 passing yards last week and 49 yards rushing. I believe they start two DT's that weight around 230-240. It's going to be ugly..Mooney or Boardman could probably beat them
You were doing good up until the "Mooney or Boardman" remark.  Besides being wrong, let's not be offensive to young men that are trying hard.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 12:47:48 PM »
I will give them credit they did win 4 games last year and gave us a scare of a life time. When you lose to a D2 school it's never a good thing. If they beat Malone next week I will be very Surprised. I understand the reasons for both programs having  a game like this but in the long run it does more damage then good
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:58:50 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 01:24:46 PM »
So far they had scored 7 points and in a perfect world I would love a "throw the ball all over the field" team to give our secondary some work, but now you are hoping for -0- injuries and some backup experience. (At least I hope, after the overtime mess last year!)  Last year's RM game was what happens when you look ahead!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 02:29:02 PM »
I just looked at RMHS's stats.  Geez. I'd be surprised if this ramshackle team not only scores, but generates 100 yards of offense.  The red zone should be as unattainable as a date with Rihanna.  The D2 team that beat them lost the following week.  Maybe have the healthy first team in for a series or two, anyone injured sits, and let everyone play.  Have Trent in for the first half, and get Mays in there early.  We may need Trent to start for the MVFC opener.

I was surprised to see RMHS ranked as high as 111 out of 125 FCS schools by Massey (YSU #13).  This game will generate as much hype as watching paint dry.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 03:07:57 PM »
 Our scheduling sucks, until athletic department shows me I am wrong, we are afraid to play quality FCS opponents outside of conference.

Look at UNI, back to back weeks Montana and Eastern Washington; ND State played Eastern Washington and Charleston.  We play two scrimmages.   And they wonder why fans don't show up.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 05:30:43 PM »
Our scheduling sucks, until athletic department shows me I am wrong, we are afraid to play quality FCS opponents outside of conference.

Look at UNI, back to back weeks Montana and Eastern Washington; ND State played Eastern Washington and Charleston.  We play two scrimmages.   And they wonder why fans don't show up.

What makes you think more people would show up if we scheduled any one of those opponents? I bet not a single ticket sale increase (possibly students). IMO ... Until we show that we can get to and perform well in the post-season, what you say is simply not true. Then at that point it does not matter, there will be people waiting at will-call for the tickets the hard-core fans will give up.

Look at all the lightweight crap that Tressel scheduled. Multiple D-II's on more than one occasion. MAC teams that were much less powerful than the conference teams of today. Yet we had sellouts based on weather. Same thing will happen now. We just simply need the weakest possible schedule to make the play-off. Nothing else matters.

Back then people called OSU cowards for being afraid to play us. Then teams better than Tressel's were manhandled down in Columbus. We were better-off having never played Ohio State ...less $1.5mil of course. Now you want to play the toughest schedules to make people think that you are a good team. When we start beating the top-20 teams in the post-season, again no one will care. Win and they will come.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 05:31:25 PM by IAA Fan »

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2016, 08:07:06 PM »

A YSU fan would show up if for no other reason but to see YSU play and support the team.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 08:30:08 PM »
YSU football is a product YSU is selling to its market.  The consumers need to be convinced that the value of YSU FB is > than the cost, time, and effort of going to the game. If all hopes rest on brand loyalty, well, you wont have any trouble finding a good parking spot or an even better seat.

Playing 2 NEC games insults our D1 athletes.  It tells them this is the best their leadership thinks they can handle.  The OOC schedule is an absurdity that will continue for as long as  moRon remains AD (another absurdity).
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2016, 08:49:06 PM »

We just simply need the weakest possible schedule to make the play-off. Nothing else matters.

1AA , I get what your saying. Then again I ask myself what does playing Duquesne and RMU do for the Guins in terms of getting them ready for conference play. SD could beat North Dakota this week and come into Stambaugh with 2 victories over Big Sky opponents-Advantage Coyotes. Say if we beat them and they finish with the same conference record and they up end SDSU and we don't we stay home and they go. Even the Illinois teams in our conference are scheduling OVC teams and beating them and the same OVC teams are beating the MAC teams..Just saying the committee looks very hard at these match-ups when selection time comes around. That's why I'm in favor of a stronger non-conference schedule. Then again I realize we need the extra revenue that home games can generate, but I would rather be prepared for conference play and make the playoffs based on strength of schedule. If I had the extra money I would gladly give it to the University

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2016, 09:14:16 PM »
YSU football is a product YSU is selling to its market.  The consumers need to be convinced that the value of YSU FB is > than the cost, time, and effort of going to the game. If all hopes rest on brand loyalty, well, you wont have any trouble finding a good parking spot or an even better seat.

Playing 2 NEC games insults our D1 athletes.  It tells them this is the best their leadership thinks they can handle.  The OOC schedule is an absurdity that will continue for as long as  moRon remains AD (another absurdity).
Good point!! It does make you wonder what our players are thinking behind closed doors. In any successful business you need to spend money to make money and take chances along the way. I wish the University would have that same approach with football