Author Topic: Trib Today YSU Coverage  (Read 15680 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Trib Today YSU Coverage
« on: September 11, 2016, 03:30:08 PM »
I have been reading a lot from Trib Today and I really like the in depth coverage they are doing on YSU.  There are several articles on WVU and they aren't as superficial as taking information from a press conference because there is some speculation in the articles that makes them interesting.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Trib Today YSU Coverage
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 03:54:44 PM »
Trent impresses me.  He's a playmaker and fun to watch. I think he could go down as a legend like Jaws, Stoudt, Isaac, Brungard....I would have no problem with him as a starter.

http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/682055/YSU-s-quarterback-controversy-may-resume.html?nav=5414
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 04:30:00 PM »
Trent impresses me.  He's a playmaker and fun to watch. I think he could go down as a legend like Jaws, Stoudt, Isaac, Brungard....I would have no problem with him as a starter.

http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/682055/YSU-s-quarterback-controversy-may-resume.html?nav=5414

A legend ? Jesus. Relax! Played vs subs on a WVU defense....

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 04:36:43 PM »

He's got the X factor.  You'll see.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 06:28:42 PM »
The last thing this teams needs is another quarterback controversy after week two when Ricky just earned it in camp..I understand this came from the Tribune, but Ricky should be the guy going forward in conference play..then again Bo is unpredictable at times and nothing would surprise me

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 07:20:29 PM »
Montgomery would make any call in that area. So let's not get ahead of ourselves. I have some serious questions about Ricky's ability to look off targets and put some accurate power in his pass, but then again this is only his second game. Trent may be the guy; but I tell you, that is not the first INT he has thrown. Let the staff do their jobs. You have to admit, with improvement in special teams, there is reason to grow more and more confident about all 3 of these coordinators.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 08:07:28 PM »
Montgomery would make any call in that area. So let's not get ahead of ourselves. I have some serious questions about Ricky's ability to look off targets and put some accurate power in his pass, but then again this is only his second game. Trent may be the guy; but I tell you, that is not the first INT he has thrown. Let the staff do their jobs. You have to admit, with improvement in special teams, there is reason to grow more and more confident about all 3 of these coordinators.

I don't have much confidence in their abilities after Pelini said we need to coach better, there were ZERO half time adjustments, and the kids said they followed the game plan.  Looks like it was a half assed game plan if you ask me.  We never adjusted when they went cover 3 and as a result the offense stalled in Q3 and stayed that way until they put in their backups.  That was as poorly coached on offense and defense as I've seen in some time.  Certainly doesn't give me hope.

I say that Hosick is probably better as he has more zip on the ball, but he's probably still trying to learn the offense and playbook.  I will say it should be easy for him to do because we ran only about 6 different plays.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 09:07:22 PM by penguinpower »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 08:32:52 PM »
We are talking about Montgomery here. He gets out coached in every single big game. No adjustments.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 08:57:39 PM »
Montgomery doesn't have the power and say he did when Wolf was here and Bo is much more involved with the offense this year then last. I to was upset with the lack of adjustment's by the staff. West Virginia made them and the depth issues and weather can't be all to blame for the poor second half Bo even said that himself. To be tied at half after giving up 329 yards of offense to W.V. is really remarkable when you think of it. The coaches in the Missouri our great at the game of chess we need to be to!!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 09:37:08 AM »

I was thinking the same thing! IF and it's a big IF, he lead us to a come from behind victory, maybe, but he threw an INT not a couple TD's!  That being said, he did look good.  Posed and agressive. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 12:21:41 PM by IAA Fan »
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 12:01:02 PM »
you Trent deniers will be the first ones calling for his HOF induction.  :D  Certainly we'll see him play next week against RMHS, but even Justin Beiber would shine as our QB next week.  The USD game, IMO, will be where we play both and decide who will start thereafter.

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 12:15:35 PM »
Bobby Mo is really bad this year.  They scored the first time the touched the ball this year and THAT'S IT!  It should be a good week to get some backups in the game... try some new things... and get totally healthy.  I had heard Ricky Davis got banged up a bit at WVU.  Anybody else hear that or can confirm.  He needs to be healthy going into USD game.  I bet we see Hunter against Bobby Mo if he is healthy... heck maybe even Nathan Mays.  We can hope... right?  #goguins

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2016, 12:33:59 PM »
Ruiz was re-injured during the RMU game last year, and he wasn't the same the rest of the season. If Ricky is still hurt Saturday, no way he should take snaps.  Let Trent start, and when the lead allows, let Nathan have some fun.  There is no utility of having Wells take snaps unless Nathan bombs....against RMU....which would be ridiculous.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2016, 12:41:29 PM »
It sounds like Ricky sustained bruised ribs in the game. I didn't watch the game just listened to it. I have know idea how many subs were in the game when Hosick took the field. W.V. I'm sure was laid back just wanting to run clock in that stage of the game and keep everything in front of them. My biggest question is when did Ricky's injury occur and what changed with him and the offense from the first half to the third quarter. If this staff can't make a decision on just one quarterback for the S.D. game at this stage of the season then we have problems
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 12:42:26 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 12:58:01 PM »
Ricky did hurt his ribs on a shot early in the game.