Author Topic: What happened to YSU and their dominance?  (Read 8097 times)

Offline YSUdilusion

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
What happened to YSU and their dominance?
« on: September 10, 2016, 05:15:55 AM »
I live near Steubenville and you guys tore it up every year. What happened? You guys just kind of fell off. Was it because Tressell left?   PS Game prediction WVU 57-YSU 17         Also if YSU wins or even gets within 21 points I will wear a YSU hat and shirt for a whole week and take pictures on here to verify it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 05:24:21 AM by YSUdilusion »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to YSU and their dominance?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 07:52:06 AM »
You obviously do not follow FCS, but it has changed.  We are now competing to get true FBS athletes with a similar amount of depth with less scholarships than FBS. We also play in a conference where 6 teams went to the national championship in the last 5 years. Our conference has multiple FBS scalps. Conference is so competitive, we had two teams from our conference play for the title 2 years ago.  We are a good FCS team but have been in the middle of the pack in our outstanding conference.  While I expect that WVU will win, I expect a closer game than the analysts predict.   I think you will be impressed with the athleticism we have.  This isn't the 1990's FCS when Tressel was here the entire division has changed.

By the way, I don't personally like your left-handed condescending writing.  I am explaining to you about YSU because of your ignorance of FCS football. I and most others on here follow several levels of college football.  So don't think for a minute we don't know what we are talking about.  I understand that communication is about 95% visual and EQ based, so I am giving you the benefit of the doubt. 

Here's a link to the bookstore so you can buy a hat and T-shirt. 

http://ysu.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/BNCBHomePage?storeId=88176&catalogId=10001&langId=-1

Send pictures
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 08:38:29 AM by penguinpower »

ValleyTalk

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 08:31:54 AM »
I live near Steubenville and you guys tore it up every year. What happened? You guys just kind of fell off. Was it because Tressell left?   PS Game prediction WVU 57-YSU 17         Also if YSU wins or even gets within 21 points I will wear a YSU hat and shirt for a whole week and take pictures on here to verify it.
Now I have no problem with you predicting a WVU win, but YSU's defense was top 5 in the FCS last year playing in the best conference at the FCS level. I'd be shocked if we gave up 57 points to anyone this year. We have the best DE combo at our level in my humble (and biased) opinion.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 12:12:58 PM »
Me thinks this was an intentional post  :o

Offline YSUdilusion

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 02:50:29 PM »
I wasn't making fun of you guys.  I enjoyed watching you guys dominate for all those years. Just wondering why your dynasty ended. I do root for YSU as they are a semi local team for me. I just don't know much about them. And my prediction was made in jest to have have some fun with you guys. I wasn't being mean about  it.  Anyway,good luck.

Offline YSUdilusion

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 05:12:46 PM »
I'm in trouble here. I need a point to win by 21 or else I'm wearing YSU gear!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 05:13:55 PM »
I'm in trouble here. I need a point to win by 21 or else I'm wearing YSU gear!

I provided the link above so you can buy a hat and shirt.  Lol 😁 😂
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 05:14:44 PM by penguinpower »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 05:33:17 PM »
With 8 min left in the 4th there have been 5 terrible calls in this game.  That was not defensive pass interference.  Bush league referees

Offline YSUdilusion

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 05:45:19 PM »
sh**!! I'm all in on YSU!!

Offline YSUdilusion

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2016, 06:00:59 PM »
Well,you guys got me. Only won by 17. Your team looked really good and I hope you win your conference this year. Now I got to go buy YSU gear!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2016, 06:09:45 PM »
Well,you guys got me. Only won by 17. Your team looked really good and I hope you win your conference this year. Now I got to go buy YSU gear!

Thanks and good luck to the eers
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 07:26:06 PM by penguinpower »

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2016, 10:28:15 AM »

Thanks and good luck to the eers

I'll root for them based only on Holgorson's hairdo