Author Topic: Duquesne VS. YSU  (Read 34529 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Duquesne VS. YSU
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2016, 07:28:06 PM »
I think we looked good,  but we will see soon enough.  I cannot believe that Bobby Morris lost to a weak D2 team, won the turnover margin, a d only mustered something like 169 yards of offense.  We are going to crush them and it isn't going to help us.

So an increase in the "W" column does not help?

If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. Playing the little sisters of the poor isn't helping us develop.  It is simply padding the win column and the playoff committee knows it.  Tell you what, if you want the extra home game, take the extra home game in the playoffs.  We could have had a few extra home games over the last 9 years but our schedule hurt us in several of these years leading up to Wolford.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Duquesne VS. YSU
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2016, 07:29:04 PM »
JT is so uninvolved that he flew to Lincoln to meet with BP?

Hood is so good that EKU fired him?

I'll just put this here:

"..Tressel was a big reason why he took the job, wants to learn a lot from him, since he has an understanding of how to coach on this level"

http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php/topic,10088.0.html

Interesting fact: Hood had a worse record (at an inferior program) than the Wolf had at YSU for the two years preceding the hire.  Strollo was literally ready to hire a downgrade from the guy we were firing.

I don't recall either Tressel or Strollo flying to Nebraska. I will need to see evidence of that. I know that we sent a plane to bring him here to meet with Strollo. Hired him the same day. You never answered my question. The fact is, YSU hired the #3 choice in Tressel. Sam was not hired because of Steelers fans "in the Valley"; the reality was it was Steelers fans at YSU. Faust had already agreed to the YSU job in principle and jumped as soon as Akron announced their move to IA & offered him. Hiring coaches is a tough game & we play it as well as anyone. I do not recall anyone "almost hiring"  Hood. Would have been a nice choice though.

Guinpen is right, just be happy with what you have as you are not going to change it. Stop acting like you are the only one that knows our MBB record. DI sports are a "men's club" YSU is no different than OSU in that regard. That is why your beloved university president had to resign at OSU, while an incompetent buffoon of an AD is still there. Yet it got him here did it not? Yet you still have to attach Strollo and Slocum. You are like the child that thinks if you keep saying something, it will be true.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 07:34:57 PM by IAA Fan »