Author Topic: Duquesne VS. YSU  (Read 34289 times)

Offline ysuseasonticket

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Duquesne VS. YSU
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 03:45:23 PM »
The team is irked that Duquesne made the playoffs last year.  They are going to punish them
It still irks me too......a lot.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 04:53:02 PM »
Well, give Duquesne credit from last year, they gave William and Mary a game in the playoffs. We definitely didn't earn our way last year at 5-6. Obviously I wished the penguins would have made the playoffs last year too, but just saying.

My prediction is 31-7 YSU. It depends on the offense in my estimation though. Could be a higher score difference, or even as close as 31-14. But ultimately going with 31-7 for my official prediction.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 05:53:52 PM »
35-34 guins in 2 OT

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2016, 05:59:08 PM »
Guins by 14
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2016, 06:06:35 PM »
We maybe under estimating Duquesne. I feel it will a little closer than some of the previous predictions. Our defense should be solid, but the offense is still in doubt. Turnovers may play big in this game, but YSU will prevail 24-10. I would like to see our offense put on a clinic!!

Go YSU!!!

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 06:06:54 PM »
16-7 for the Y-town AllReds

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2016, 06:08:24 PM »
Duquesne has 12 FBS transfers, including 3 from Penn State and 1 each from Ohio State, Pitt, West Virginia, and Arizona.  This is not the non-scholarship program that we played years ago.  I just hope that the team is taking this game much more seriously than some fans.

The good thing is that they have never played against a defense that is as good as ours.  It will be interesting to see how much Pelini has changed the culture in the past year.  We better not see players just going through the motions because of a perceived inferior opponent.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2016, 06:25:16 PM »
Despite my prediction, there is a good part of me that feels this game could be close, which is why I said don't knock Duquense they played William and Mary hard. I think the players realize this is going to be a good team though Wick. After all, I remember Rivers said they were a challenge just like it would be opening up to an FBS team or something. So hopefully, the other players feel the same way. If Pelini was right in saying he feels that we have come a long way culturally as a team over the last year, then hopefully all the players take this game seriously and are ready.

chief, I see you downgraded your prediction for margin of victory in comparison to AGS.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2016, 06:36:51 PM »
Despite my prediction, there is a good part of me that feels this game could be close, which is why I said don't knock Duquense they played William and Mary hard. I think the players realize this is going to be a good team though Wick. After all, I remember Rivers said they were a challenge just like it would be opening up to an FBS team or something. So hopefully, the other players feel the same way. If Pelini was right in saying he feels that we have come a long way culturally as a team over the last year, then hopefully all the players take this game seriously and are ready.

chief, I see you downgraded your prediction for margin of victory in comparison to AGS.

Hahaha yes I did. After some serious thought. Dukes are going to give us a game.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 06:50:34 PM by ytownchief22 »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2016, 08:53:56 PM »
Duquesne has 12 FBS transfers, including 3 from Penn State and 1 each from Ohio State, Pitt, West Virginia, and Arizona.  This is not the non-scholarship program that we played years ago.  I just hope that the team is taking this game much more seriously than some fans.

The good thing is that they have never played against a defense that is as good as ours.  It will be interesting to see how much Pelini has changed the culture in the past year.  We better not see players just going through the motions because of a perceived inferior opponent.
Great post Wick, I would love if every player took your message to bed with them tonight. 12 FBS transfers just blows my mind and I'm having a hard time comprehending it. They did play against Buffalo a few years ago and their upset bid just fell short. They will be be ready, we need to set the tone early and not let up..My pick 34-17 Good Guys..I know that sounds like a ton of points for our offense compared to other predictions, but I have my reasons why
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 09:43:25 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

ValleyTalk

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2016, 08:55:00 PM »
YSU 20
DUQ 10

We aren't overlooking anyone, but Duquesne isn't a terrible squad either. Go Guins

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2016, 09:01:10 AM »
Gut feeling is Ricky comes out 1st series, but then they start rotating and get Hunter in as well.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2016, 09:08:16 AM »
From everything I've read and have been told by the folks, I'd be quite surprised if Ricky Davis is not the starter tonight...

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2016, 09:26:12 AM »
On a side note Jerry Schmitt head coach of Duquesne has just been awarded a 5 year contract extension and the Dukes will be playing at Hawaii in 2018..and if they weren't excited enough to be playing us tonight they probably are now

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2016, 12:02:55 PM »
I absolutely love college football, it's like the return of an old friend.  Looking forward to seeing old tailgate friends tonight, most of whom I have not seen since November.  If YSU has any shot at WVU, we really need to blow Duquesne out but I think the game is going to be close, YSU 31-24.