Author Topic: Thursday night games!  (Read 6953 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Thursday night games!
« on: August 07, 2016, 06:14:05 PM »
Thought we were done with them. I didn't realize our first game was one. I guess you can see I am not a fan of them.  Lol! Trying to decide whether to take a half day or a whole day off. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Thursday night games!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 06:19:34 PM »
Weenie game.  Don't waste your vacation. Send the message

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 09:27:33 AM »
Worked out very well for me. I have a wedding and a birthday that Saturday. I told my darn daughter to time her pregnancy to the Pete Penguin calendar, but no luck :)  I am taking both Thursday and Friday off. Also, I will be able to bring my grandson to the game.

Just a couple things to remember ... holiday weekend and the Canfield Fair. I completely understand the schedule change. Please note the last time we did a Thursday opener we had a fly-over and parachute landing. Are you reading this YSU admin!!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 09:59:56 AM »
Worked out very well for me. I have a wedding and a birthday that Saturday. I told my darn daughter to time her pregnancy to the Pete Penguin calendar, but no luck :)  I am taking both Thursday and Friday off. Also, I will be able to bring my grandson to the game.

Just a couple things to remember ... holiday weekend and the Canfield Fair. I completely understand the schedule change. Please note the last time we did a Thursday opener we had a fly-over and parachute landing. Are you reading this YSU admin!!

Since the university will be in session, we may get better student support. The parking might be an issue because of the night classes.

They just closed part of Linclon ave and Wick Ave near the M1 deck, traffic might also be an issue. I also do not know how that might impact the shuttle bus between M1 deck and the stadium.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 11:12:29 AM »
I was just about to ask everyone how they think all the construction on lincoln and wick will affect games ? It'll be real nice once its all completed, but a pain in the butt right now.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 12:43:04 PM »
Great points ET and Chief. As a reminder, everyone should read their tailgate pass for the start times. They put signs up and ask students and faculty to leave the lots by that time, but it is not practical for many of the kids and I completely understand. Also, they really have cut back on faculty lots over the last 10-20 years...so I have learned to be more forgiving. It is only one game, we can tighten up our belts just a bit.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 10:28:43 AM »
s...so I have learned to be more forgiving. It is only one game, we can tighten up our belts just a bit.
Glad you mean that figuratively and not literally, as my belt doesn't tighten quite as easily as it used to!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 12:23:01 PM »
Great points ET and Chief. As a reminder, everyone should read their tailgate pass for the start times. They put signs up and ask students and faculty to leave the lots by that time, but it is not practical for many of the kids and I completely understand. Also, they really have cut back on faculty lots over the last 10-20 years...so I have learned to be more forgiving. It is only one game, we can tighten up our belts just a bit.

As a faculty member, I avoided parking at the tailgate lots during the game day.

Actually, it only impacts the weekday (Thursday) games. For Saturday games, they have the tailgate lots blocked off by noon on Fridays.

This year will be a mess. As of this morning, Lincoln Ave. is now closed to all traffic between 5th and Wick. Lincoln deck is only accessible through Arlington Street entrance/exit (not through Lincoln) and Wick deck is only accessible through Walnut Street entrance/exit (not through Wick).

The campus has also reduced number of parking spaces near the stadium. Coupled of the parking lots located at the Southwest side of the stadium (5th and Rayen) have been converted to student apartments.

I anticipate delays in and out of campus on the Thursday night game because of evening classes.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 12:40:01 PM »
Not a big fan of the Thursday game, and would rather they not play them.  Over the past 9 seasons the Guins only played 1 Thursday game in 2013, and only drew 12,000.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 08:16:36 PM »
Not fan of Thursday night game.  No matter if we played it a few days later on Saturday we are up against Canfield fair.  So far not much marketing for the game.