Author Topic: Top 15 FBS/FCS match ups for 2016  (Read 3047 times)

Offline pioneer9

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Top 15 FBS/FCS match ups for 2016
« on: July 22, 2016, 08:26:55 PM »
I thought this was an interesting read... YSU v. WVU listed as #12 with a shoutout to the Pitt game last season...

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/15-best-fbs-vs-fcs-football-games-2016

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Top 15 FBS/FCS match ups for 2016
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 10:05:23 AM »
Kind of sick of Haley myself. We go right from Coulson (an appy-homer) to Haley (a bison-homer). Even though we are in the MVFC and we are the strongest conference; I do not think we are the most competitive. How about a mention on how competitive we were with Illinois, a team that beat the Hawkeyes that year. Does he think for one-second that his beloved NDSU would even be mildly competitive against the Buckeyes? How about mentioning how YSU beat Pitt already ...in a game we led from start to finish. We actually played very poorly most of last year's Pitt game. To his credit Haley wanted to mention Pelini, who was not coach at those times. However are we ever going to hear the end about how embarrassing coach Tressel "supposedly" is and the same with Pelini? I am proud of both of them, as are people who live outside of Ann Arbor and OSU/Florida lovers.

Yes there is no one to write about FCS, just as there is no one to watch it ...so he needs to be given credit for his volunteering efforts. However, let's give us some non-NDSU reporting out of the MVFC. I mean I am clearly a Penguin fan, never writing about anything else and am not as biassed as Haley.

Here is a nice article to write. Go talk to Jon Heacock about what he had to do in order to get (and maintain) the series with OSU; so people will understand why the scores were so lopsided. Then show how things have changed in recent years. Why not cover the "cons" about play-off expansion, in addition to the Pro's. Tell us what is so good about these "money" games? Why not cover why the DIA, DII and DIII championship is on ESPN, yet the DI-AA is put on the back burner on ESPN2?