Author Topic: Women's Golf Program Recognized For Top-10 APR Performance  (Read 2080 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Women's Golf Program Recognized For Top-10 APR Performance
« on: July 13, 2016, 09:34:09 AM »

The Youngstown State women's golf team received an NCAA Public Recognition Award which honors teams with an NCAA Division I Academic Progress Rate in the top 10 percent of all squads in their respective sports.

The Penguins received the honor for the 2014-15 academic year, a year in which the program won the Horizon League Championship. YSU had a perfect APR of 1,000 for the year as well as a perfect 1,000 for a multiyear APR total.

Each year, the NCAA honors selected Division I sports teams by publicly recognizing their latest multiyear NCAA Division I Academic Progress Rate (APR). This announcement is part of the overall Division I academic reform effort and is intended to highlight teams that demonstrate a commitment to academic progress and retention of student-athletes by achieving the top APRs within their respective sports.

The APR provides a real-time look at a team's academic success each semester by tracking the academic progress of each student-athlete on scholarship. The APR accounts for eligibility, retention and graduation and provides a measure of each team's academic performance.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Women's Golf Program Recognized For Top-10 APR Performance
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 10:19:34 AM »
Great job girls.  With the WBB team and their incredible GPA, they are doing YSU proud! 

(Boy, this is a LONG SLOW crawl to get to Sept 1st!  I am in fact proud of the girls academic and athletic excellence, but this isn't sports.  COME ON, 50 days until football!!!)
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!