Author Topic: Countdown to 2016 FB Season!  (Read 186779 times)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Countdown to 2016 FB Season!
« Reply #345 on: August 30, 2016, 11:53:34 AM »
Also, Lee Wright is not listed on the 2 deep depth chart.... And Mark Schuler, a 6-5, 250 lb TE is listed as the starting punter hahaha. Good lord, this may be a long year.

This is listed in his player bio:

averaged 40.5 yards per punt on 31 kicks, pinning 12 inside the 20-yard line...earned all-state honors as a punter...as a junior, was a second-team Division VI All-Ohio selection.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 30, 2016, 11:56:28 AM »
Also, Lee Wright is not listed on the 2 deep depth chart.... And Mark Schuler, a 6-5, 250 lb TE is listed as the starting punter hahaha. Good lord, this may be a long year.
Schuler punted for Springfield.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 30, 2016, 12:02:18 PM »

Schuler was a good punter in high school.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 30, 2016, 12:05:46 PM »
Do you think that means we will just use one QB then? We will definitely find out in a few days I'm sure  :-X

Wait, I thought Lee Wright was still with the team last I heard about the whole gun incident? Was that revealed he is not during penguin playbook?

Based on Bo's comments last night, it sounded like Wright was suspended indefinitely by the University, not the athletic department.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 30, 2016, 12:12:20 PM »
Special teams are going to be an issue besides the FG kicking for sure. Big, big loss in Wright not being on the field.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 30, 2016, 12:14:27 PM »
Charles Grove on Twitter as of 9 minutes ago:

Bo Pelini said LB Lee Wright isn't playing against Duquesne. "Not right now." according to Bo. #YSU @vindicator

So, to me that seems different from the "no longer with the team" statement from yesterday?

Because if that is why, why just say not right now and say no longer with the team again?

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 30, 2016, 12:18:09 PM »
According to Grove from the Vindy. Wells is the listed starter at QB for thursday's game.
This could just be to throw Duquesne off a little bit!! Bo did say it was close and they felt they could win with all 3..He did say the starter emerged at the end of camp..I was just thinking that player was Ricky and I figured that Wells and his shoulder problem played into it..Doesn't really matter to me I just want to win and I'm going to trust the coaches on whoever it is
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 12:19:57 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 30, 2016, 01:04:04 PM »
According to Grove from the Vindy. Wells is the listed starter at QB for thursday's game.

Based on what Bo said last night, I got the impression all three would play Thursday.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 30, 2016, 01:39:47 PM »
Also do not see Harvin on the 2 deep either.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 30, 2016, 02:12:56 PM »
The Leading receiver from a year ago with all the athletic ability in the world. This should send a strong message..you don't catch..you don't play..I see Ruiz is listed at 2 deep behind Webb..I like the fact Spencer is the left tackle. I thought Colucci and Wiggins would switch

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 30, 2016, 02:45:26 PM »
The Leading receiver from a year ago with all the athletic ability in the world.
Careful, he may have some talent, but "all the talent in the world"?  Let's not get carried away.  Part of "talent" is the ability to concentrate on the ball and catch the ball, and that's talents he seems to be lacking.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 30, 2016, 05:26:07 PM »
I was referring on his ability to run his route, get open, and yards after catch. He should've been a 50 plus catch guy and instead was 30..You don't need to give me all the details I seen it first hand from the sidelines in the N.D.S. game

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 30, 2016, 09:12:16 PM »
Press conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jksr7L0cFxA

Notable comments

Q "How's Hunter's shoulder?"
A "Oh he's fine, he has no problems... he's fine"

Q "Coach on some of the stuff we received, we see Hunter is listed as the quarterback is he your starter?"
A "There are three quarterbacks listed right there [referring to the material the reporter was asking the question regarding]... so we'll find out on Saturday?... what time does the game start? 7?" Then someone else says "730" so he goes "Well right around 730 then"

Then later on, they discuss the game as a Thursday night game. lol (not sure why this amuses me)

Q "What's the status of Lee? He wasn't on the, uh first string there and there was something on the message boards saying he's not... playing?"
A  "No, not right now"

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 30, 2016, 09:13:45 PM »
Very interesting to not even see Harvin listed in the top 6. Coaching staff definitely trying to get Townsend involved. We'll see how it plays out.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 31, 2016, 12:17:53 AM »
Looks like Mr. Wright could be gone for the year.....

Staff report

YOUNGSTOWN

A Mahoning County judge has dismissed a Youngstown State University football player’s challenge to his suspension from the university through December, saying she lacks jurisdiction over the university disciplinary matter he brought before her.

In doing so Friday, Judge Maureen A. Sweeney of common pleas court also dissolved a temporary restraining order blocking the suspension of Lee Wright of Park Avenue, which she had issued July 28.

Wright had been suspended June 14, when a university hearing panel consisting of two faculty members and a student said he violated the student code of conduct.

The panel acted on the basis of the May 22 arrest of Wright, 21, and his fellow YSU football player, Casimier Mitchell, 19, of Cleveland, by a YSU police officer, who stopped the car they occupied after seeing it drive away from the sound of gunfire.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 12:47:44 AM by ytownchief22 »