Author Topic: Countdown to 2016 FB Season!  (Read 186763 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Countdown to 2016 FB Season!
« Reply #300 on: August 24, 2016, 11:01:52 AM »
Something about the article doesn't sound right... it states

"Neither had a criminal record before they were arrested in May after a university police officer heard gunfire and saw a car drive away from the sound of the gunfire. The officer followed the car and searched it and found a semiautomatic handgun in the trunk. Reports said Mitchell admitted to firing the gun, and the gun belonged to Wright. "

Then further on it says

"When he was sentenced, Judge Kobly asked Mitchell why he had a gun in the car, and Mitchell said he forgot it was in the car. Mitchell said he got the gun in South Carolina and wanted to get a concealed-carry permit in Ohio. Cassese said Mitchell comes from a rough neighborhood and wanted the gun for protection when he was home."

So... how did Wright own the weapon if Mitchell got it in South Carolina???

You can buy guns in Ohio and in South Carolina without a permit or registration.  I suggest that if you are a gun owner NEVER register the gun because if someone takes it from you, at a minimum you have some liability in the matter.  Never register the gun as it will protect you.  The only time it must be registered is if you buy it "NEW" from a dealer.  The best way is to buy it unregistered from a dealer/private owner unused.  Registered guns are used to track and take it from you.  I have many many firearms. Break onto my house and you've got problem.  None of them registered, all legal.  When the US government passes laws against citizens that have firearms they could take yours as they do in other countries.  Take a history course if you do not understand.....you will see.  Talk to people in other countries..you will see.  I am a military veteran and I follow the laws and understand the significance of what I am stating.  While those kids were acting irresponsibly and need to mature, 100 years ago it would be an issue but no big deal....just a group of dumb kids.

This wont make sense to many but perhaps a few

Penguin Power is the man! Post of the year material right here ^^^^

The Second Amendment protects the other nine.  If you think gun confiscation in the USA is a conspiracy theory, read about New Orleans post-Katrina.

I too protect my family with various implements.  If you are going to break in my house (highly unwise FYI), do it in the room with only a 9mm, and do not do it in the room with Bessie (my 12 gauge Remington)...you do not want to be double tapped in the chest by Bessie.  What? I'm not home but my wife is?  Now you really messed up.  You do not go in mama bear's den.  She's twice as accurate on a bad day.  This all assuming of course, that the dogs weren't hungry (or worse hangry) at the time.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 25, 2016, 05:48:36 AM »
7 days!  fb
Just 1 week away!  ;D

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 25, 2016, 09:27:35 AM »
Wow it appears we can start a well regulated militia just among those who discuss YSU football.

So any interest in the game or what? For some reason I'm just not as excited as I usually am for the season to get under way. I'm tired of playing the same few teams that really don't seem to provide any benefit to the program outside of home game revenue.

I am NOT going to WVU that place is a hell hole on football Saturdays. Prepare to be sworn at, maybe spit at or worse. Think twice about taking a kid and don't wander off alone. Or maybe conceal carry why not?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 25, 2016, 03:11:46 PM »
Wow it appears we can start a well regulated militia just among those who discuss YSU football.

So any interest in the game or what? For some reason I'm just not as excited as I usually am for the season to get under way. I'm tired of playing the same few teams that really don't seem to provide any benefit to the program outside of home game revenue.

I am NOT going to WVU that place is a hell hole on football Saturdays. Prepare to be sworn at, maybe spit at or worse. Think twice about taking a kid and don't wander off alone. Or maybe conceal carry why not?

I think you are being unfair to WVU fans.  This has nothing to do with football, it's that way in WVa every day.  They have no jobs, wellfare has run out, the only way they survive is robbing Yankees!

Did you know the toothbrush was invented in WVa?  Know how you can tell?  If it had been invented in Ohio, it would have been called a teethbrush.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 26, 2016, 12:07:28 AM »
6 days

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 26, 2016, 08:09:12 AM »
6 days
Vindy finally published an article on YSU football today on the print version (since last week, I believed).

It must be really important to them. It was on page 7 (the last page) of the sports section switched between Ohio State & Notre Dame.

I searched the Vindy website and I could not find the electronic version of article.

WOW!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 26, 2016, 08:37:21 AM »
6 days
Vindy finally published an article on YSU football today on the print version (since last week, I believed).

It must be really important to them. It was on page 7 (the last page) of the sports section switched between Ohio State & Notre Dame.

I searched the Vindy website and I could not find the electronic version of article.

WOW!
Wish this was a surprise, but it isn't

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 26, 2016, 08:47:19 AM »
6 days

WOW!
Wish this was a surprise, but it isn't

I meant to say sandwiched between OSU & ND.

It basically said that we are now practicing the game plan for the opener. They have not yet determined the starting QB. OC was quoted to say " we need more than one QB.

Davis was reported to take most snaps with the 1st unit. Wells and Hosick were with 2nd unit. Wells was nursing a sore shoulder.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 26, 2016, 09:06:22 AM »
I did see this electronically last night, will add a link to this post

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 26, 2016, 09:07:03 AM »
Here it is everyone:
YOUNGSTOWN — Now the fun begins - or at least it does soon.

The Youngstown State football team had their first practice where gameplanning about Duquesne was a large area. The home opener is this Thursday against the Dukes and now the offense is learning how to attack a different defensive style.

“The next four to five days are getting our guys used to a stacked 30 front that’s different than what we do,” YSU head coach Bo Pelini said. “So there’s adjustments there that will need to be made to get our guys comfortable.”

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/aug/25/ysu-beginning-gear-duquesne/
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 09:07:38 AM by The YO Show »

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 26, 2016, 10:05:00 AM »
Here it is everyone:
YOUNGSTOWN — Now the fun begins - or at least it does soon.

The Youngstown State football team had their first practice where gameplanning about Duquesne was a large area. The home opener is this Thursday against the Dukes and now the offense is learning how to attack a different defensive style.

“The next four to five days are getting our guys used to a stacked 30 front that’s different than what we do,” YSU head coach Bo Pelini said. “So there’s adjustments there that will need to be made to get our guys comfortable.”

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/aug/25/ysu-beginning-gear-duquesne/

Show, I believe this is the latest one (August 25) on the Vindy.com.

The one I read this morning was posted on August 26 (12:01 am) in the printed version of the newspaper. I am at work and do not have the newspaper to compare to the one according to your link.

Someone might be able to verify it.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 26, 2016, 10:16:56 AM »
Oh, my apologies then if thats the case. I read your statement about it saying we are practicing for the home opener, and since that article said the same thing I thought they were the same. Upon further inspection, it does appear that it says nothing about the QB, while the article you mentioned did. So it likely is not the same article.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 26, 2016, 10:20:31 AM »
I read this blog and on one thread some guy is quoting the OC saying "Davis #1, Wells #2a and Hosick #2b, and on this tread and in the Vindy, they are quoting the HC saying we haven't designated anybody #1 but we need more than 1 QB.  Either the OC and HC disagree and the HC does not have control of his staff, or, parton my French, but one of you is full of sh**.  Not sure which it is, but wouldn't be surprised to see Ricky Thursday with Hunter's shoulder issue.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 26, 2016, 05:37:09 PM »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #314 on: August 26, 2016, 09:23:34 PM »
Oh horse crap ...just a UNI kiss a$$ article. YOu gys are good, but youare no UNI ...LOL. Love his arrogance. Too bad it is steep in ignorance.