Author Topic: Countdown to 2016 FB Season!  (Read 185879 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Countdown to 2016 FB Season!
« Reply #330 on: August 29, 2016, 10:11:37 AM »
The stated rationale for putting #6 with the 2s is nonsensical, and would be preposterous if somehow true. 

I am excited to see, finally, #12 start a game.  I hope in garbage time #11 gets some snaps.  I am also excited to see him perform.  Both are electric players.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 29, 2016, 10:30:49 AM »
Watched Davis in 8 games last year and never saw anything "electric" in anything he did.  Average runner, below average passer.  Everybody says (I suspect "everybody HOPES") he is throwing better.  Let's hope you backup QB fans are right.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 29, 2016, 10:36:18 AM »
Hell yeah! 3 days fb

Fever, I think mayor meant if Wells was hurt with more than just a soreness or a pull in his shoulder, why give him reps and not let him rest?

Forgive me if I missed your answer in your response, but I read it a couple times and it didn't seem to address that point to me.

Like I get what you're saying about having Ricky get more reps with the 1s, but you could do that regardless with hunter injured and letting him rest?
They had to pull Ruiz of the injured reserve list last year to beat Bobby Morris. Maybe they will need Hunter at some point in this game..Hopefully that's not the case

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 29, 2016, 10:56:11 AM »
Ah! Thanks for the clarification Fever. I see now thats what you meant originally, but it was over my head at the time.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 29, 2016, 10:58:05 AM »
I don't care who starts at this point, just as long as the season itself is finally starting for the guins!  fb
Also, regardless of who starts, LETS GO GUINS! Really wish I could be at the game but alas I'm working a night shift  :-[

Either way still really hyped for the season to start

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 29, 2016, 08:45:15 PM »
Well that Penguin Playbook with coach Bo was interesting

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 29, 2016, 09:16:24 PM »
I see that they moved The Playbook to weak ass 1390.  What is it 500 watts.  I guess it's all about streaming and Internet.  Hey at least we got the Vindy!!!

A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 29, 2016, 09:24:15 PM »

How so ?

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 30, 2016, 12:12:00 AM »
Two days!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 30, 2016, 09:13:44 AM »

How so ?
Well not really because I fell asleep when brother Carl took over. Bo did say we have to wait untill the quarterback takes the field on Thursday to find out.The quarterback does now but he asked Bo to keep it a secret. Bo was saying something about snap counts and he said that didn't factor into the final decision and I'm not sure what that meant. There goal is to use just one and I think it will be Ricky !!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 30, 2016, 09:57:26 AM »
Bo never reveals much when he is interviewed.  He was asked bout Lee Wright, and answered that Lee is not currently with the team, and would not elaborate further.  He and Carl both said the defense and special teams are much further ahead of where they were at this point in the 2015 season.  Sammarone and Drae Smith were interviewed, and Chris again referenced the need for "toughness."

The 1390 broadcast was fine.  1570 almost always played "The Sean Hannity Show" over the Penguin Playbook, which used to piss me off.

Sean:  "How do you plan to fight radical Islam?"

Bo:  "we'll stack the box, and if they dare put anything in the air, LeRoy will make 'em pay."
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 30, 2016, 09:59:03 AM »
Do you think that means we will just use one QB then? We will definitely find out in a few days I'm sure  :-X

Wait, I thought Lee Wright was still with the team last I heard about the whole gun incident? Was that revealed he is not during penguin playbook?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 30, 2016, 11:06:02 AM »
Bo never reveals much when he is interviewed.  He was asked bout Lee Wright, and answered that Lee is not currently with the team, and would not elaborate further.  He and Carl both said the defense and special teams are much further ahead of where they were at this point in the 2015 season.  Sammarone and Drae Smith were interviewed, and Chris again referenced the need for "toughness."

The 1390 broadcast was fine.  1570 almost always played "The Sean Hannity Show" over the Penguin Playbook, which used to piss me off.

Sean:  "How do you plan to fight radical Islam?"

Bo:  "we'll stack the box, and if they dare put anything in the air, LeRoy will make 'em pay."

Say whaaaaat ?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 30, 2016, 11:42:01 AM »
According to Grove from the Vindy. Wells is the listed starter at QB for thursday's game.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 30, 2016, 11:43:11 AM »
Also, Lee Wright is not listed on the 2 deep depth chart.... And Mark Schuler, a 6-5, 250 lb TE is listed as the starting punter hahaha. Good lord, this may be a long year.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:47:11 AM by ytownchief22 »