Author Topic: Countdown to 2016 FB Season!  (Read 184779 times)

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Countdown to 2016 FB Season!
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2016, 10:58:38 PM »
 Nation  I Just saw that on Twitter about Dunn.  Why not we seem to be 2nd chance U.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2016, 11:26:18 PM »
Is he gonna play over Ruiz and Webb ? No thanks, I'll pass.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2016, 12:18:50 AM »
Would you prefer I dont do daily countdown then go? I did it last year and started at a much higher number. This year, I started at 50 days because someone had suggested that last year. If the consensus is that this is a bad thing though, I can stop doing the countdown.
As I said:
"Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the daily countdown"

My apologies, you did state it right in your post  :o

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2016, 12:25:05 AM »
Don't think we need Dunn, and frankly, don't see him coming here. Plus, he is going to be in some potential legal charges. If our OL stays healthy and our wide receivers step up this year, we could be having a big year. I'm excited to see  fb

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2016, 10:00:55 AM »
Rumor is Dunn hit his girlfriend in an altercation last weekend.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2016, 11:18:32 AM »
IF domestic violence then pass, but Bri’onte Dunn is TWICE Ruiz or Webb.  We desparately need a big back with some power.  Good grief, we could use Ryan Moore, and he was about 205 soaking wet.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2016, 12:23:28 PM »
Biggest concerns I have are all on the offensive side of the ball:

1. Can the big uglies up front stay healthy and play much, much better this year?

2. Who is going to be throwing the ball? Can Wells rebound ? Can Ricky grab ahold of the job ? Hosick ready ?

3. Who is going to step up at WR ? Lots of options but no #1 guy but maybe that's a good thing. We shall see.

Chief, what bothers me is we all reference this QB question, but the other 2 questions, OL and WR have a WHOLE LOT to do with your question #2

Exactly. That's why I said the offense in a whole is concerning. Montgomery sure has is work cut out for him.

Good thing Coach M is a genius. He will have no issue coaching up these trouble spots that he had a hand in recruiting.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2016, 12:36:40 PM »
Dunn has more size than Ruiz (who was injured much of 2015) and way more size that Webb.  If we are going to start an immobile QB again this year, than we need a strong running game.  Dunn would be our short yardage RB, and otherwise could rotate with Ruiz and Webb.  This is a slam dunk.  Dunn would be a game changer.

The protective order troubles me, and should be looked into.  If severe (meaning physical assault), than should be a deal breaker.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2016, 01:09:00 PM »
44 days!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2016, 01:34:25 PM »
Can't count anything out with Bo I guess. Just don't see the immediate need for him. Ruiz and Webb are a great solid duo. Tops in the FCS.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2016, 05:37:50 PM »
  We desparately need a big back with some power
I agree 100% with Go Guins and that really hurt us last season. Basically we have 4 backs on the roster with McAllister being the largest at 205. That just won't cut it in this conference in short yardage situations on a regular basis. Watching Trent Hosick on film he could fill that void. Basically he was a running back at the Juco level playing the role of a quarterback. I'm sure his weight is around 220 and the majority of his strength is in his legs. He could also be a weapon out of the backfield and keep the defenses more honest, he can definitely deliver a blow. This is all speculative because there is still a open quarterback competition going on just throwing it out there

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2016, 07:58:55 PM »
Fever, I really like that idea.  If Hosick loses the qb competition (likely from what I have heard,) why would he want to stand on the sidelines with a headset.  Let Montgomery integrate him into the offense as an occasional running back with plenty of option sequences.  I would really like to see more imagination and unpredictability.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2016, 09:32:05 PM »
Fever, I know you are big on hosick evidently, but didn't you yourself say it was Hosick dead last right now in the QB race behind Mays?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2016, 10:25:50 PM »
Could have used him last year ...too late now, who needs a 5th-year senior? If Ruiz is healthy, we all know he is awesome. Right now losses have hurt us at RB ... not bad recruiting ...

1.Washington gone.
2. Ryan Moore gone.
3. Jacobs gone.

Now we need to see what Mahone can do. Sandidge has always been a positive experience for me. Mcaster is ready to start taking hand-offs  in addition to kick-return duties. Let's remember, we start with the great tandem of Ruiz and Webb.

There is no way anyone can convince me that coach M wanted another QB. Mays has tremendous upside. Davis' passing has really improved. Then again, Hosick really shined in traffic.

What can anyone tell me about that Poku from Boardman?

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2016, 10:37:39 PM »
We need kids that have their head screwed on correctly.  Can't afford to have losses due to stupidity.