Author Topic: DB Transfer  (Read 12330 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: DB Transfer
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 04:10:34 PM »
1-AA first of all, anything is worth arguing about 63 days from a game!
1.  Why?  And since that would violate separation of church and state, religious service would be out anyway.
2.  Absolutely not.  Criminal record?  Driving under age is criminal.  Underage drinking in criminal.  And you are saying that there is no hope of rehabilitation, that once a criminal, always a criminal.  That is un-American in my mind.  I't take the LB's with the shooting in the parking deck as transfers if they did it somewhere else and were clear with the law.  But on MY campus, I would expel.  No choice with the lawsuit happy public.

1. Okay then make it "at a 4-year institution". Let them go JUCO and take their issues out there. However, I think at 22, you are a serious problem. For every one that is the exception, there is 100 coming out of lock-up. My Godson just left the USMC and he is 22. He was given some scholarship to Penn State so with that and his GI bill, he took it. He will not play sports, but he should be able to. I have never given a crap about separation of Church and state, as long as the US gov has the guts to declare an official religion.

2. Rehab is fine, but the safety of the other students takes precedence over all. So let the player's mom take my handkerchief, but tough. Stop writing law for the minority, over the majority. If you want to gauge the seriousness of the crime in order to pay sports ...fine; but now you are back in the same "boat" we are in now. Pick a clear point and cut it off. Let their be no doubt. Besides under-aged drinking would normally be expunged at 18 years of age. Individuals caught drinking during their 18 through 20th year of age have to wait 2-years before it is expunged, so they would be under 22. It works out.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 01:30:04 PM »
2. People with criminal records (no exceptions please) should not be allowed to attend any college or university; let alone play sports.

3. People should be punished for their crimes, so playing football would not be an issue, as they would be incarcerated at least beyond the age of 22.

BTW, taking a law off the books does not eliminate crime, but simply makes it permissible ...a rather idiotic way of handling things is it not? The purpose of law is to protect citizens from crime and punish offenders; not the other way around.

Sure, murder could be considered a legit law worthy of punishment, but possession or distribution of a plant??  Before blacklisting someone for having a "criminal record", I'd see what the offense actually was.

So as to not hijack a thread about FB, the rest of my response is here:

http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php/topic,13427.0.html
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 11:15:58 AM »
Bri’onte Dunn, the "former" OSU RB is back on the market. 
We could REALLY use a big back.  1 year left.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!