Author Topic: DB Transfer  (Read 12260 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
DB Transfer
« on: June 27, 2016, 08:12:08 PM »
Tyrek Cole, a freshman DB who was cut from WVU football program last year, has chosen YSU.

Highly touted 4 star recruit coming out of high school. Originally committed to Florida State but they pulled his offer after an arrest, then committed to WVU and was arrested again and they cut him. Was also suspended in high school during his senior year. Let's hope he can keep his head on straight.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 08:19:15 PM by ytownchief22 »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: DB Transfer
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 07:44:44 AM »
Suspended from FSU & WVU? Why bother? Not exactly schools with standards and if they don't want him ...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 11:29:10 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 10:29:43 AM »
I don't like this one.  Can a kid who makes a mistake be rehabilitated?  Sure, that happens often.  Can a repeat offender who blows multiple chances change his life?  The odds are heavily against that. 

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 10:39:22 AM »
I'm right with Wick (and others) on this one.  Yes, we desperately need a corner, but NOT a repeated domestic abuser.   
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 12:09:00 PM »
I differentiate between violent and nonviolent offenses.

Sell drugs, do drugs, show someone your anaconda, discharge a firearm with no harm done....who cares.  Sign em and play em.

Lay a hand on a lady?  Nope.  Move on.

As a fan, I'm not cheering or rooting for misogynists.

The rare exception would be a truly contrite person who makes amends for their actions and publicly admonishes their own behavior.  That does not appear to be the case here.

So far in the Pelini era, I am underwhelmed with the coaching and recruiting and staff selection, but happy to be proven wrong with results this fall.

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 01:08:33 PM »
Thanks for the info Buddy!
Yes, we probably need a good corner back like Tyrek Cole, but his pass record isn't good! I suspect he might play for 1 year and will do something stupid again; then will be cut again. We all make mistakes, but Tyrek has make the same one multiple times. When will ne learn?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 02:58:12 PM »
Nation, you confuse me.  You are lumping too many very different crimes toghether for me!

Sell drugs,  ??? ABSOLUTELY NO WAY!!!

do drugs,  OK, I'm fine

show someone your anaconda,  Not my description of mine, but yeah, OK

discharge a firearm with no harm done....who cares.   ?? SHOOTING GUNS ON CAMPUS OK?  SERIOUSLY?? The fact you missed makes it OK??

Lay a hand on a lady?   While I separate ladies and persons for the female gender and we have no indication which she was,  neither of this is OK to wack and NO TO THE PLAYER.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 02:07:48 AM »
go guins, if they were being foolish, as college guys can be, and fire a round into the dirt on stupid dare, then sure, suspend them for a game, give em a brow beating, but don't freak about it.  If they were trying to shoot someone, then that's attempted murder....but zero evidence that's the case here.  The government and its media has purposefully frightened the bejesus out of people regarding firearms.

Since I feel the drug war should end immediately, I'd be a hypocrite if I felt that someone should be penalized for selling drugs to a consenting buyer.

Good point about the lady.  Member of the female species is much safer.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 08:44:03 AM »
go guins, if they were being foolish, as college guys can be, and fire a round into the dirt on stupid dare, then sure, suspend them for a game, give em a brow beating, but don't freak about it.  If they were trying to shoot someone, then that's attempted murder....but zero evidence that's the case here.  The government and its media has purposefully frightened the bejesus out of people regarding firearms.

Since I feel the drug war should end immediately, I'd be a hypocrite if I felt that someone should be penalized for selling drugs to a consenting buyer.

Good point about the lady.  Member of the female species is much safer.
OK, you sound like a football fan.  But let's try this.  You are JT and you follow your 1 game suspension plan.  What happens when somebody gets shot and killed on campus and the lawyer for the family says "Jim Tressel, by allowing guns on campus with only a wrist slap, allowed this death to happen and we are suing YSU, the Board of Trustees and YSU for $100million dollars.  The jury in Youngstown is going to find JT and YSU guilty of allowing guns and therefore an unfortunate death and award $200 million and on appeal it will be cut to $75M.  There isn't a president, board or school in the US that is going to allow guns on campus.  This is a "one and done" offense.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 09:38:38 AM »
Is it worth arguing about? How about this:

1. People should not be allowed to participate in collegiate athletics above the age of 22-years (military and religious service participants excluded).

2. People with criminal records (no exceptions please) should not be allowed to attend any college or university; let alone play sports.

3. People should be punished for their crimes, so playing football would not be an issue, as they would be incarcerated at least beyond the age of 22.

BTW, taking a law off the books does not eliminate crime, but simply makes it permissible ...a rather idiotic way of handling things is it not? The purpose of law is to protect citizens from crime and punish offenders; not the other way around.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 11:33:18 AM »
1-AA first of all, anything is worth arguing about 63 days from a game!
1.  Why?  And since that would violate separation of church and state, religious service would be out anyway.
2.  Absolutely not.  Criminal record?  Driving under age is criminal.  Underage drinking in criminal.  And you are saying that there is no hope of rehabilitation, that once a criminal, always a criminal.  That is un-American in my mind.  I't take the LB's with the shooting in the parking deck as transfers if they did it somewhere else and were clear with the law.  But on MY campus, I would expel.  No choice with the lawsuit happy public.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 12:44:26 PM »
I get the excitement surrounding potential incoming transfers I really do, but let's face it this program has serious cultural issues as it is. Correcting it will be the only way this program gets over the top. Pelini has stated this over and over and said he's going to do something about it, well here is his chance

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 03:24:51 PM »
Kid deserves a shot. No leash though...

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 03:40:55 PM »
Kid deserves a shot. No leash though...
Agreed, shot would have been Miramar.  Assault on a fellow student
Maybe a second shot.  That would be FSU BUT that ended in charges of theft
Maybe even a third chance, that would be WVU  BUT domestic violence against his girlfriend (hopefully former GF)

This kid is a 3 time loser, (read abusive punk!)  This kind of trash should be thrown out with the rest of the garbage!
I certainly don't want this kind of kid brought to the local community and absolutely not on my favorite team!  WTF is Pelini thinking of?  (not to mention what are you thinking of Chief?)