Author Topic: Good for USA, bad for YSU  (Read 36382 times)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Good for USA, bad for YSU
« on: June 07, 2016, 09:42:38 AM »
I am hearing a ton of talk about Sherrod Brown for Hillary's VP.  That could easily lead to YSU loosing Jim Tressel to the US Senate. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Good for USA, bad for YSU
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 09:47:06 AM »
I am hearing a ton of talk about Sherrod Brown for Hillary's VP.  That could easily lead to YSU loosing Jim Tressel to the US Senate.

I met Sherrod Brown.  Dude is as dumb as a box of rocks.  Hopefully not true.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 09:59:46 AM »

[/quote]

I met Sherrod Brown.  Dude is as dumb as a box of rocks.  Hopefully not true.
[/quote]
That's what you want in a VP.  The chief job is to go to funerals around the world!
Frankly I thing JT would make a better Governor than Senator, but right now I’m thrilled to have him as YSU President!

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 08:39:44 PM »

I sure hope so, for Trumps sake. Maybe she can ask him via email!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 04:12:54 PM »

I sure hope so, for Trumps sake. Maybe she can ask him via email!
E-Mail, Nice one quinpen! 

ValleyTalk

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 06:17:37 PM »
Tressel is a Republican. Much more likely Timmy Ryan runs as Dem. I'd take Tressel over Ryan any day.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 07:29:00 PM »
i would agree her VP pick is Brown.  If she carries Ohio, she if president...as profoundly disturbing as that would be.  I think Tressel waits until 2018 to run for governor...and he'll get Kasich's endorsement...quid pro quo....doubt JT will try for Brown's vacated Senate seat but who knows.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 04:13:02 PM »
Tressel is a Republican. Much more likely Timmy Ryan runs as Dem. I'd take Tressel over Ryan any day.
The point is this: Hillary takes Brown as a VP candidate to help carry Ohio in the election which would just about assure her election.  The governor would appoint a replacement which would be a Republican and yes JT is a Republican.  That's why Harry Reid is so against Brown as VP.  He doesn’t want to lose a Democratic seat.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 04:15:20 PM »
i would agree her VP pick is Brown.  If she carries Ohio, she if president...as profoundly disturbing as that would be.  I think Tressel waits until 2018 to run for governor...and he'll get Kasich's endorsement...quid pro quo....doubt JT will try for Brown's vacated Senate seat but who knows.
But if Hillary takes Brown, Kasick can appoint JT to the Senate, he doesn't need to run. He would then run in a couple years as the incumbent.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 08:49:54 AM »
Brown cannot carry a tune, let alone the state of Ohio. Clinton already has OH because of her last name. The only person that stands a chance to beat her in Ohio might have been Busch or Kasich & VP candidate status will not be enough for the reds to capture the Buckeye vote. Clinton needs the elderly and also the jewish religion vote in the state of Florida. As a dem she has the latter, now needs to work on scaring the elderly and promote the freebies for them found in socialized medicine. Same stuff the dems have been excelling at for 50+ years ... it's in the bag.

Her other way in is Virginia. The Reps in that state sat on their a$$e$ and drained/developed the Chesapeake area. In the mean time the blues went up and got all of the wealthy libs from New England to "move on down", nullifying the vote of that new district that reps thought was going to be red and also reducing the red vote in the three surrounding districts. Then the blues went after every PFC/SFC (traditional dems) in our services to declare their voting state as Virginia, as opposed to their state of origin {which traditionally is a southern (red) state}; which is legal. Meanwhile, all of the reds scratched their heads trying to figure out how such a traditional state voted for Obama & why the south did not carry the white house vote.

The reds in this country need to stop going after the old Reagan dems and start appealing to young people with brains and immigrants. This means less 3rd-world military conflict and FOX news channel; more pro-red social media and toilet television.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 09:38:36 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 09:44:11 AM »
1AA, i was wondering when you would move this.  Only question is, do you have some catagory with lower expectations than "General BS"  Maybe just an "Inane BS"? 

Just screwing around killing time.  This is going to be a LONG 82 days!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2016, 08:28:40 AM »
But if Hillary takes Brown, Kasick can appoint JT to the Senate, he doesn't need to run. He would then run in a couple years as the incumbent.

Good point.  Very true.  But my hunch is JT would rather be back in Cbus and wants to build an executive resume at YSU for a few more years, but if appointed Senator to fill a void....I very highly doubt he'd decline it.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2016, 08:43:20 AM »
First...let's celebrate Hillary's likely nomination:

https://www.facebook.com/Reason.Magazine/videos/10153639649689117/

FWIW, She's not the first female nominee, Jill Stein was the Green Party nominee in 2012.  The first electoral college votes for a female were for a Libertarian Party candidate in 1972.

Regarding the GOP, they've lost the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 presidential elections.  They are dead as a national party and really only a regional party, and only able to win some statewide and local races.

But who cares, we only needed one pro-war, pro-debt, pro-entitlement political party...which the Dems excel at.

The Libertarian Party's candidate, Governor Gary Johnson, is polling in double figures versus Trump and Clinton, and will be the only other candidate on the ballot in all states (actually Ohio was hard to get on as Kasich fought hard to keep the LP off the ballot).  He is the only anti-war, anti-debt, anti-Prohibition, anti-surveillance state candidate on the ballot....and the clear choice for me.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 09:32:06 AM »
Read a note the other day from someone who couldn't decide whether to vote for: "the liar who's economic plan just doesn't add up" or to vote for the: "the liar who's economic plan just doesn't add up."  I hate to throw away a vote on "none of the above", but I guess it's Johnson for me too.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 01:29:47 PM »
Read a note the other day from someone who couldn't decide whether to vote for: "the liar who's economic plan just doesn't add up" or to vote for the: "the liar who's economic plan just doesn't add up."  I hate to throw away a vote on "none of the above", but I guess it's Johnson for me too.

Yep.  I just couldn't fathom voting any other way.  It is amazing how the polls have taken off.  A Fox News poll has Johnson leading HRC amongst independents, and the only candidate gaining amongst all voters.

Johnson was fiscally conservative when he was governor of NM for two terms, especially when you consider what bills the legislature was sending him. He vetoed over 700 (!) of them.  Same with his running mate, Governor Weld, who was also fiscally conservative for a state like MA.  Both governors have more executive experience than Trump or Clinton combined x2.  For me, the decision is a slam dunk.