Author Topic: Women’s Basketball Adds Graduate Transfer Tamira Ford  (Read 2807 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Women’s Basketball Adds Graduate Transfer Tamira Ford
« on: April 30, 2016, 10:30:00 PM »
Youngstown State head women's basketball coach John Barnes is excited to announce that forward Tamira Ford has signed a grant-in-aid to join the program as a graduate transfer for the 2016-17 academic year.

Ford a native of Cleveland, Ohio, was a member of the women's basketball program at Miami (Ohio) for the past four seasons. The 5-foot-10 post will have one year of eligibility remaining in her career.

"My staff and I are extremely excited to have Tamira join our program," Barnes said. "To have someone with Tamira's experience coming in to help our frontcourt depth is invaluable. We look forward to getting her on campus and starting the next chapter of her career."

Ford redshirted at Miami in 2012-13 and played in 70 games as a reserve over the last three seasons. This past season she played in 28 contests and shot 65.6 percent from the field while averaging 2.1 points and 2.0 rebounds. Ford played in a career-high 30 games as a sophomore in 2014-15 and averaged 12.2 minutes, 3.0 rebounds and 1.5 points.

Ford played her final two years of high school at Padua Franciscan in Parma, Ohio. She was a third-team all-district selection and a first-team all-league pick as a senior in 2012. Ford was a freshman at Regina High School when the team won a state title in 2009.

Ford will be the seventh new player to join YSU's women's basketball program next season. She will join Morgan Brunner, Mary Dunn, Mailee Jones, Izzy Meese, Natalie Myers and Jennifer Oduho.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Women’s Basketball Adds Graduate Transfer Tamira Ford
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 11:17:17 PM »
This is strange.  Not very tall for the frontcourt, poor statistics, and a reserve player for a bad mid-major program (9-21 record, 283 rpi.)  How exactly is she supposed to help us?

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 06:40:17 AM »
This is strange.  Not very tall for the frontcourt, poor statistics, and a reserve player for a bad mid-major program (9-21 record, 283 rpi.)  How exactly is she supposed to help us?
She might be able to provide Senior leadership and experience to a very young team.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 08:38:29 AM »
She is a graduate, I think that means she receives a different type of scholarship that does not hurt us. I agree with ET ...Having that type of experience come in with such a large freshman class will be nice.