Author Topic: EMU faculty, students: Drop out of Division I football  (Read 10816 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: EMU faculty, students: Drop out of Division I football
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 10:25:32 AM »
That would be a good plan for EMU I think DoubleE. However, their administration seems to be putting the position that they will never leave the MAC and will keep the status quo.

I saw that too YO and I don't read much into that.  They can't be honest and say their losses are unsustainable and they are looking at options, as their recruiting and donations would suffer.  They'll announce it at the last possible moment.  If they are truly committed to the MAC, than that would be obscene, and the students should riot, as they are incurring nearly $1K in debt annually to fund an irrelevant faux-FBS program.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Online penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 02:34:09 PM »
That would be a good plan for EMU I think DoubleE. However, their administration seems to be putting the position that they will never leave the MAC and will keep the status quo.

I saw that too YO and I don't read much into that.  They can't be honest and say their losses are unsustainable and they are looking at options, as their recruiting and donations would suffer.  They'll announce it at the last possible moment.  If they are truly committed to the MAC, than that would be obscene, and the students should riot, as they are incurring nearly $1K in debt annually to fund an irrelevant faux-FBS program.

It is really about the intellectual honesty to face reality.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 03:19:18 PM »
Idaho is expected to announce tomorrow that they are returning to FCS, undoubtedly back to the Big Sky conference.  This will be the first time that one of the big time "dreamers" has returned to reality.  It might prompt other university presidents at bogus FBS schools to have the courage to follow Idaho's example.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 04:37:38 PM »
Honestly, Idaho would rather stay in the Sun Belt, the TV revenue is so much for them. However, with the Big Sky offering football-only membership, they are making it obvious that at least a portion of the Big Sky schools are moving up.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2016, 05:14:14 PM »
EMU, Idaho, and now UMass.