Author Topic: Men's basketball recruiting spring signing.  (Read 16303 times)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Men's basketball recruiting spring signing.
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 04:45:58 PM »
Commitment from Jeremiah Ferguson 6'2 pg...check out his video..
In some ways reminds me of Kyrie..we need 2 bigs now...missed out on the JC kid that went to Cleveland St
Reminds you of Kyrie?  What, because he is young and black??  Let's not get silly here bags, he seems like he can shoot some, but his dribbling is closer to mine than Kyrie.   
You must not read this blog enough.  This guy must be a real bum because Slocum was able to get him to committ.  OR it will be days before he transfers out because Slocum is such a hidious human being!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline jbags

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 05:00:05 PM »
You didn't like the spin move or splitting the double team move with that crossover? I said in some ways not the second coming...hey I'm not a JS fan but from what I've seen of the 2 of them...give me this kid a million times over Latin Davis

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 05:58:18 PM »
By Bigs you mean the two 6'5, or 6'7 guys Slocum will pick-up. 

Offline jbags

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2016, 06:20:47 PM »
Just so they are bangers...we don't have any at all...you can be 6'5 and play 6'8...we haven't had one in a long time

Online ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2016, 06:26:38 PM »
Thanks jbags for the update.  I was hoping for this type of info instead of a beat down on JS.

Ferguson had committed to Navy.  Passes with either hands and uses off hand well on layups.   Seems to fade on his jumper with a leg split but it works for him.   Looks good but highlight films are just a glimpse.   Looked forward to him being a Penguin.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 10:41:07 AM »
You didn't like the spin move or splitting the double team move with that crossover? I said in some ways not the second coming...hey I'm not a JS fan but from what I've seen of the 2 of them...give me this kid a million times over Latin Davis
Against high school kids?  Has an odd looking leg action on shot, and is NO Kyrie Irving with the dribble.  If he could shoot lights out from 3 and dribble like Irving, you think he would be here or maybe Duke, Kentucky or UNC?   
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline jbags

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 11:23:42 AM »
Wow! Did I say he was the second coming of Kyrie? Navy thought he was worth a scholly and that's good enough for me...if that kid played at a local H.S. and signed elsewhere you'd leap all over our staff for not signing him...at least he's not 5'6... looking at our roster we need 2 post players...and at this point the JC route is our only alternative..if Scott Hollywood's kid wanted to come here he would've signed alteady...same with that Goldman kid

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 12:54:29 PM »
I see what you mean about the hands UCF ...great observation.

I do like Davis.

ytowngirl

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2016, 05:20:27 PM »
Wow! Did I say he was the second coming of Kyrie? Navy thought he was worth a scholly and that's good enough for me...if that kid played at a local H.S. and signed elsewhere you'd leap all over our staff for not signing him...at least he's not 5'6... looking at our roster we need 2 post players...and at this point the JC route is our only alternative..if Scott Hollywood's kid wanted to come here he would've signed alteady...same with that Goldman kid

Navy only gives out scholarships lol.  No one pays to go to the Naval Academy.  Navy doesn't recruit for talent.  They recruit kids who want to commit their futures to being in the Navy and all midshipmen are required to play a sport while there. 

Offline jbags

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2016, 06:17:02 PM »
Yup...you're right...David Robinson wasn't recruited for talent

ytowngirl

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2016, 04:06:11 PM »
Yup...you're right...David Robinson wasn't recruited for talent

Nope he wasn't.  His father was retired Navy and he never even played basketball until his senior year in High School.  I've spent enough time in the Navy and at the academy and I've heard Robinson speak about his life.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 04:06:54 PM by ytowngirl »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2016, 10:25:42 PM »
If I remember correctly, they said he was 6'4" or less and played football at over 250lbs. He was an admitted D&D lover and a mathematics wiz in High School; a math major at Annapolis. I also remember yelling at CSU to double-up on him in that elite-8 game when he dropped in the winning basket.

Online ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2016, 01:29:57 PM »
According to verbalcommits.com Raheem williams verbals to YSU.   6-5 juco.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 07:38:15 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Online ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2016, 01:57:22 PM »
Just did a search and Williams played JC ball in Florida.  Averaged 9.9 per game.  shot 42% and 26% from 3.
Averaged 5.5 rebounds a game.  Team went 12-19.   His coach said in an article that Rahim has a 43 inch vertical leap.          I hate to be negative but how does the 4th leading scored on a 12-19 team help YSU ? 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 07:35:40 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2016, 08:55:44 PM »
Just did a search and Williams played JC ball in Florida.  Averaged 9.9 per game.  shot 42% and 26% from 3.
Averaged 5.5 rebounds a game.  Team went 12-19.   His coach said in an article that Rahim has a 43 inch vertical leap.          I hate to be negative but how does the 4th leading scored on a 12-19 team help YSU ?

It doesn't.