Author Topic: YSU vs WVU  (Read 88722 times)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs WVU
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2016, 08:06:07 PM »
And as already mentioned, it is a locally available cable channel in Youngstown, at least with Time warner. Although for me it is channel 85.

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2016, 09:41:03 PM »
I notified the Vindicator that it's televised on Root Sports, so it should be in the paper tomorrow or Saturday.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2016, 09:51:28 PM »
I plan on going to the game but I don't have a ticket yet.  Any suggestions on the best way to get a ticket at this point?  I live in Pittsburgh so it's only about 1.5 hours away.

StubHub tomorrow afternoon should be pretty cheap. I don''t think you'll have any problems just pick where you like.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2016, 10:11:15 AM »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2016, 12:39:07 PM »
LOL! Is that the biggest disgrace ever? Say ...wish ESPN had that kind of talent.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2016, 01:19:34 PM »
My cautious optimism is totally sunk  :D ;D

Hype vid:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ilXvgsojnik

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2016, 04:08:27 PM »
For the people who are going to the game what section are you sitting in?  Looking for a YSU friendly section...

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2016, 04:39:18 PM »
I found an error that was preventing people from getting their email after registration ...thanks to Yo Show. I found there was about 7 WVU people that tried to register & I just accepted them. I thought it was odd that we had no new members in August, we usually pick up a few about the time camp gets rolling.

I would like to know just how much better Mountaineer fans think the team is now, then when Norfolk State had a good half against them. They may not follow our level, but Norfolk is not as good as Duquesne and we had all the reserves in.

They said that if we were NDSU, then they might worry. I mean same conference and we always do well against the Bison. Yes we self-destructed last year and blew a 21-point lead, but we do play at that same level. That being said, if the fans feel that the Mountaineers are an upper-half Big-IX team, than we are in for a long day ...but I am not convinced.

That being said, I think we have to play "vanilla". Davis is new, Ruiz looked good last week, but is he really healthy and thus should we save him until game 4? Or is he good to go now?

I am very happy with what I saw in Armande and Jayln at LB last week. Jayln was very excited. This week I hope they both settle down and shut down either the QB or RB. The are a big key to success tomorrow.

I say we will be less disruptive this week (on D) as we have to account for superior athletes than we faced last week

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2016, 05:39:05 PM »
Sitting in the Upper Level Gold Zone section 214 Row 17

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2016, 05:49:11 PM »
section 218, row 23, seats 1-7 Way up top so it looks. Who else is going. I found out a few things ...

stubhub will continue to sell up until kick-off & they download right to your phone. So if you are hanging out for price, you are safe.

Students at WVU are free, so if you find some tickets and do not mind sitting in hostile territory ...enjoys a freebie!

Does anyone understand their blurb on tailgating? It reads like the colesium parking is free, with a charge to take the shuttle.

Weather looks hot and sticky for game with Rain expected at 7:35p

Offline WVUfan05

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2016, 07:44:57 PM »
I found an error that was preventing people from getting their email after registration ...thanks to Yo Show. I found there was about 7 WVU people that tried to register & I just accepted them. I thought it was odd that we had no new members in August, we usually pick up a few about the time camp gets rolling.

I would like to know just how much better Mountaineer fans think the team is now, then when Norfolk State had a good half against them. They may not follow our level, but Norfolk is not as good as Duquesne and we had all the reserves in.

They said that if we were NDSU, then they might worry. I mean same conference and we always do well against the Bison. Yes we self-destructed last year and blew a 21-point lead, but we do play at that same level. That being said, if the fans feel that the Mountaineers are an upper-half Big-IX team, than we are in for a long day ...but I am not convinced.

That being said, I think we have to play "vanilla". Davis is new, Ruiz looked good last week, but is he really healthy and thus should we save him until game 4? Or is he good to go now?

I am very happy with what I saw in Armande and Jayln at LB last week. Jayln was very excited. This week I hope they both settle down and shut down either the QB or RB. The are a big key to success tomorrow.

I say we will be less disruptive this week (on D) as we have to account for superior athletes than we faced last week

Took me a little while to find a forum for you guys. I think this is the only one

I'll keep things relatively short and simple unless you want in an depth look.

This is the deepest WVU has probably ever been offensively. Which is good because the coaches are able to redshirt a bunch of promising young talent.

Defensively was a bit of a mystery until the Missouri game. A bunch of kids who have been in the program but haven't necessarily started. They had two rough ACL injuries in the fall with the best player and safety in Dravon Henry and a 4 star true freshman linebacker that was pushing for a starting spot.

Overall it's viewed as an equal or better team than last year and it's thought to be 8 or 9 wins or bust for Holgorsen this year. I don't personally agree with that but it is what it is.

I don't know much about you guys other than what I've listened to from the coaches and their conferences. Although I was rooting for you guys when you played Pitt a few years back.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2016, 07:57:43 PM »

Took me a little while to find a forum for you guys. I think this is the only one

I'll keep things relatively short and simple unless you want in an depth look.

This is the deepest WVU has probably ever been offensively. Which is good because the coaches are able to redshirt a bunch of promising young talent.

Defensively was a bit of a mystery until the Missouri game. A bunch of kids who have been in the program but haven't necessarily started. They had two rough ACL injuries in the fall with the best player and safety in Dravon Henry and a 4 star true freshman linebacker that was pushing for a starting spot.

Overall it's viewed as an equal or better team than last year and it's thought to be 8 or 9 wins or bust for Holgorsen this year. I don't personally agree with that but it is what it is.

I don't know much about you guys other than what I've listened to from the coaches and their conferences. Although I was rooting for you guys when you played Pitt a few years back. 

Thanks for joining the forum.

About us:  We have a decent team,strength is the defense.  We were one of the best in the FCS last year and we should be even better this year.  Offensively we don't know what we have at QB and WR.  Both don't have a ton of experience.  The OL may be the biggest we've had tackle to tackle.  Our running backs are excellent.  Webb is a speed back and Ruiz is a power back.  We don't throw enough to our TE's and it is irritating.  On the DL we have a possible 1st round defensive end.  The other was the B1G freshman of the year.  The DB's are fast and good.  Special teams punting is a question mark.  I think you guys win, but we wont make it easy. This will be a nice tune up for both teams.  We play in the Missouri Valley Conference and it is the most difficult in the FCS.  Over the past few years ranked higher than the MAC and Sunbelt.  We lost several close games last year, something like 4 games by a total of 7 points.  The OL was a mess last year, but they have more depth this year.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 08:03:30 PM by penguinpower »

Offline WVUfan05

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2016, 08:11:59 PM »
I know about Pelini and his time at Nebraska. His defenses are always stout.

I read through the topic a bit and I will tell you one thing, there will be no overlooking this game. Holgorsen and Gibson (defensive coordinator) have repeatedly beat it into the players heads that this is not going to be a push over.

The defense that Tony Gibson runs, 3-3-5 stack, usually has it's way with shaky or first time QB's. Now that's not to say that your quarterback is but I'm just kind of interpreting what you mean when you say you don't know what you have.

The 3-3-5 is aggressive and he loves to blitz. 3 down lineman, 3 linebackers and 5 defensive backs. Although one of the safeties is a LB hybrid and plays more near the line of scrimmage.

If you guys have any other in depth questions I'll be happy to answer.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2016, 08:57:50 PM »
I know about Pelini and his time at Nebraska. His defenses are always stout.

I read through the topic a bit and I will tell you one thing, there will be no overlooking this game. Holgorsen and Gibson (defensive coordinator) have repeatedly beat it into the players heads that this is not going to be a push over.

The defense that Tony Gibson runs, 3-3-5 stack, usually has it's way with shaky or first time QB's. Now that's not to say that your quarterback is but I'm just kind of interpreting what you mean when you say you don't know what you have.

The 3-3-5 is aggressive and he loves to blitz. 3 down lineman, 3 linebackers and 5 defensive backs. Although one of the safeties is a LB hybrid and plays more near the line of scrimmage.

If you guys have any other in depth questions I'll be happy to answer.

We run a base 4-2 or 4-3 but flex into a 3-3 or 3-4 depending on down,distance scheme etc.  Our DL Rivers can play LB too, he is explosive and very fast so he slides out sometimes at LB.  What have you heard on your QB?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 09:53:11 PM by IAA Fan »