Author Topic: FREE PALADIN !!  (Read 30995 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
FREE PALADIN !!
« on: April 02, 2016, 03:21:33 PM »
Those who also post on AGS may have been following the post created by Paladin.  This is the link:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?180637-YSU-site-Football-discussions

If you read his comments, you realize that he is a fan of both YSU and Ytown, but is a critical thinker who is unafraid to express both positive and negative opinions.  IMO, he is well informed and offers a unique perspective, and was an asset to this forum.

I hope the Paladin ban is lifted.  Diversity of opinion is a strength.  Remember...groupthink led to the Bay of Pigs invasion....and who wants that to happen again?  ;)
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: FREE PALADIN !!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 07:07:42 PM »
There is a Non YSU Sports and General B.S. Section on this forum for topics. This topic has nothing to do with athletics. Dan gave Paladin plenty of chances it wasn't like he wasn't warned..End of story !!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 07:12:04 PM »
There is a Non YSU Sports and General B.S. Section on this forum for topics. This topic has nothing to do with athletics. Dan gave Paladin plenty of chances it wasn't like he wasn't warned..End of story !!

In other words, you want him back?  :D
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 10:13:02 AM »
Nope.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 09:39:20 AM »
Nope.
Nope isn't nearly strong enough.  HELL NO!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 02:21:13 PM »
I feel the love in the air.....

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 09:14:19 PM »
I feel the love in the air.....

I feel a nip in the air
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 04:18:08 PM »
It's too bad Paladin is so over-the-top negative and such an abrasive idiot.
This blog could use a good protagonist.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 02:01:13 PM »
Why is Paladin being so quiet? Any given Saturday is dead in the water

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 08:12:30 PM »
idk.  I do miss his insight on this board.  he used to research each recruiting class of every MVFC team and give good analysis.  AGS gets old fast.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 02:07:59 PM »
idk.  I do miss his insight on this board.  he used to research each recruiting class of every MVFC team and give good analysis.  AGS gets old fast.

He always seemed to pump the others up and tear us down as I recall. He made it sound like the MVFC out-recruited mid-tier Big 10, while we got beat by SW Idaho State Prep Community College.

I don't miss his abrasive nature at all, but I did agree with some of what he said.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 03:49:37 PM »
He did say that other MVFC teams outrecruited us, but he was accurate.  Look at our MVFC record since the JT era.  Paladin was trolled relentlessly and obsessively, and yea, could be edgy himself as well, but not to the extent he got from others.  One obsessed poster attacked Paladin in his signature line.  Paladin was particularly abrasive when trolling Akron and can't sites and praising YSU, but the mob here doesn't care about those facts.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2016, 09:46:52 AM »
Never "met" anybody quite like Paladin.  Claimed to be a YSU fan, but NEVER had a good word to say about anyone or anything associated with YSU.  Every YSU recruit was terrible; every other MVFC recruit was great.  Nothing in the Mahoning Valley was worth anything.  As I recall, he measured football recruiting success by the number of FL players you signed since it was as far away from the MV as you could get  east of the Miss.
He was SO NEGATIVE and SO ABRASIVE that we should let sleeping dogs lay.  Some of you note here that the blog would be served with a protagonist and I agree, but not Paladin.   

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 11:55:41 AM »
Then we have the ever-popular ... I do not want to show any bias, I only speak the truth and any one of 100 other countless excuses for being a "hater".

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2016, 04:08:16 PM »
Then we have the ever-popular ... I do not want to show any bias, I only speak the truth and any one of 100 other countless excuses for being a "hater".
You've got it right.  I was sick of his "I only", and "only I" speak the truth" crap.
Leave the SOB on the bench.