Author Topic: Ricky & Roth On Rookery Radio  (Read 31767 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Ricky & Roth On Rookery Radio
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 07:03:44 PM »
We have beat this subject to death.  Wells could have left but in his own words didn't play and didn't prepare last year to get any better. In his defense again how many balls were dropped and how many all conference lineman protected him.  The lines underachieved the wide receivers underachieved and the loss of Adams hurt as well at TE.  As for Davis not getting to throw that's BS.  He has had what 3 yrs to show what he can do.  That's run and its average at best.  Let's see if Wells can improve and Let's see what Hosick is the messiah everybody wants.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 05:58:19 PM »
It sounds like information in this radio show is contradicting previous statements by Pelini and other coaching staff?
I was under the impression Pelini said he was going to let Montgomery run his offense. That isn't the case though if we are really looking for a more mobile QB just because of Pelini. Not complaining, just pointing out an inconsistency?

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 10:39:46 AM »
Yo-sources close to Shane tell me it was something he didn't necessarily want

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2016, 10:44:47 AM »
Why would BP keep Shane if Shane's offense differs than BP's?  With BP's connections, surely he could find an OC/QB coach that fits his planned offensive scheme?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2016, 11:42:51 AM »
It is not something that I necessarily wanted either, but there will be two new QB's by summer (at least 1). I still see Wells taking the snaps in fall, but I also feel that Hocksick has a great opportunity. Fever and Go said it best ...does coach Shane really want a running QB? I don't think so, but it is what it is. I have other areas of greater concern than our QB.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2016, 09:09:17 AM »
It is not something that I necessarily wanted either, but there will be two new QB's by summer (at least 1). I still see Wells taking the snaps in fall, but I also feel that Hocksick has a great opportunity. Fever and Go said it best ...does coach Shane really want a running QB? I don't think so, but it is what it is. I have other areas of greater concern than our QB.
I have no trouble believing the Montgomery doesn't want a "run first" QB, but I believe ANY OC would rather have a QB that "can run" rather than a stationary target that Wells was last year.  We really don't know how Hosick plays, but his ability to run exceeds either of our returners and we really don't know about passing, but I suspect he ability to throw exceeds what either Wells or Davis did last year.  Maybe Wells does pick up the challenge and steps up his game, or maybe Hosick beats them out, but either way, we should be better.
For years under Wolford we had good offenses, and couldn’t stop anybody.  Now we have a MUCH better defense and can’t score!  Maybe, just maybe, we can get enough of both this year.  D should be even better, and Hrynkiewicz at center could be big addition up front.  IMO, one of the keys to success this year is Ryan Moore, and can he play. 
Does anybody know if Pearson is staying?  He looks like great replacement for Stubbs.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2016, 10:50:15 AM »
I agree go guins, regardless of what happens we will be better at that position. In Bo's first press conference on Hosick as a runner he said ( The added dimension is great..I would take it over not having it ) I believe this Quarterback competition will come down to whoever is the better passer..I don't think it will be decided in the spring..I look for it to last all through the fall camp and a decision to be made just prior to the West Virginia game. Ryan Moore is a beast, I believe his role would've been huge if not for the injury. If healthy this year he will take added pressure off either quarterback
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 12:53:06 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2016, 08:59:15 AM »
"I believe his role would've been huge if not for the injury. If healthy this year he will take added pressure off either quarterback"

Yes, but there WAS the injury.  My question is, for all that pay attention to the off-season workouts etc. Is he back working out? 

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2016, 07:09:58 PM »

Two new QBs by summer? You mean besides the QBs already on the roster?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2016, 07:26:29 AM »
No ...Hocksick +1

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2016, 10:47:20 AM »
No ...Hocksick +1
1AA, You're driving me crazy!  It's Hosick.
(and this is a "do as I say, not as I do" situation, since nobody spells worse than I do!)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2016, 01:04:37 PM »
Sorry. I should know better.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2016, 01:33:35 PM »
Sorry. I should know better.
Was your "Hocksick" making a political statement?  Lots of times I write things like the "Pittsburgh Stealers" as a way of digging someone.
Have you seen any workouts yet?  Any initial impressions of the newcomers?  We have a TON of redshirts from last season as well.  Actually a small recruiting class, but more new players on the roster than last year.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2016, 03:17:00 PM »
Not yet. I was wondering is anyone went out today? I am taking off this Friday & will try to see things over the weekend.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2016, 04:01:16 PM »
Not yet. I was wondering is anyone went out today? I am taking off this Friday & will try to see things over the weekend.
Keep us all posted.  We all value your judgment, at least all, now that our Pal is banned!  BTW Thanks for that!  Cripes, I don't mind arguing sports.  I wouldn't be on here if I didn't, but good grief, I don't hate anybody, even the "Stealers"!  That guy is sad.