Author Topic: The Myths and the Realities of YSU Football Recruiting ...  (Read 17575 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: The Myths and the Realities of YSU Football Recruiting ...
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 02:41:43 PM »
If I did that Nation ...you would not be here now. :)

I have another idea, but it is going to take time and be inconvenient at first. That is to switch to a board that permits users to ban other users that they wish to no longer see. NOT that you can ban a user from being seen by others ...just yourself. When YSUGO, Guinpen, or myself ban a user ...it is from the entire board. That is why I always set the bans to expire, so they can get back in at some point.

There are two very good boards that allow this, but they do cost a bit more and it will mean that you have to reset your password. The link will probably change as well. Similar to when we went to this board about 5-years ago.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 02:54:11 PM »
If I did that Nation ...you would not be here now. :)

I have another idea, but it is going to take time and be inconvenient at first. That is to switch to a board that permits users to ban other users that they wish to no longer see. NOT that you can ban a user from being seen by others ...just yourself. When YSUGO, Guinpen, or myself ban a user ...it is from the entire board. That is why I always set the bans to expire, so they can get back in at some point.

There are two very good boards that allow this, but they do cost a bit more and it will mean that you have to reset your password. The link will probably change as well. Similar to when we went to this board about 5-years ago.

When can I start banning users?

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 09:11:22 PM »
I find it ridiculous that you all are talking about creating a new board, or spending more money to block one individual's post because he is controversial.   Isn't this what the board is about.  Voicing opinions.  If you don't agree with him.  Don't read his post.  I live in Colorado, and enjoy reading all of your posts daily.  It helps keep me informed about my favorite college team (All Sports) since my graduation in 1984.  Go Penguins!!!!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 09:15:36 PM »
Everybody has the right to an opinion.  I would rather have a like or dislike button when people post like on pro football talk.  The problem is the Internet lets you hide who you really are .  I used to post a pic of who I was.  I have nothing to hide.  I have a problem with negative people like Pally who never have a solution.  Predicting doom and gloom is easy.  I have called him out many times and he has Never came back with a solution.  He will never say who he wants as a coach etc.  At our level of football you don't get 5 star athletes. You are going to miss and have to coach people up and take projects. I am going to believe in my school, and trust that Pelini, Strollo and even to the extent to what Tressel had contributed that in time we will get our football team back to being a team that can make the playoffs, the 90's are long gone.  We have to start over again and let's be honest.  If Faust would have said yes we would have never had that run we did.  I try to ignore Pally and every board has their village idiot and he is ours.  If Pelini takes us to the playoffs he will disappear or get on the bandwagon.  Go Penguins!

A Penguin for life!!!

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2016, 09:00:02 AM »
Let him post.

If you don't like it, just scroll down when you see his name.

He does get some discussion going, even if it is taking his posts apart.

I'd rather have something to read and let everyone say what they feel, but you have to suspect most of what he writes is intended to get a rise out of the rest, and it usually works.

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2016, 09:52:37 AM »
I am strongly in favor of banning users.  I am viewing this board for YSU information not negative input.  Let those users who spout off negativism on YSU sport, administration, coaches, players build their own board and stay on their own board. I have a list of those users I would ban quickly if given the opportunity.  I am willing to contribute to the redesign also. "Viva la liberitad"
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2016, 10:08:26 AM »
It's a message board whether you guys like it or not. He has the right to voice his opinion, right or wrong in your eyes. He's not personally attacking others. If you do not like his posts, just keep scrolling down and ignore.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2016, 10:22:58 AM »
One poster here, ysujjwin, went as far as attacking Paladin in his signature line.  This really has reached obsession levels.  Regarding personal attacks on this forum, 98% are directed at Paladin, and 2% are Paladin at other posters.  Paladin's animus is directed at the YSU Athletic Department, which IMO he UNDERSTATES the amount of incompetence and lack of accountability.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2016, 11:16:11 AM »
There is some confusion about the purpose of my post on Wednesday.  I never intended to call for censorship of those who criticize the athletic department.  Heck, I am one of those.  I certainly believe that a critic like Penguin Nation wants the university to prosper and succeed. Not so the case with our friend, Paladin.  The man simply hates Youngstown State University.  That became crystal clear in the spring of 2014 when our Olympic sports were winning championship after championship.  Those of us who follow all our sports were very happy.  A few that only follow football still posted their congratulations.  Only Paladin belittled and mocked these accomplishments.  He could not stand the fact that the school was enjoying a period of sustained success.

This is not a public forum that is supported by your tax dollars.  The board is owned by IAA Fan.  We are all his guests.  He can admit or boot out anybody for any reason whatsoever.  Since I knew that many dedicated fans and former posters here had left because of the hater, I simply was asking him why he chose the hater over these valuable fans.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2016, 01:45:50 PM »
Good points Wick.

Also a good time to thank 1AA for all the work and expense he puts into the board. Much appreciated  ;D

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2016, 01:51:25 PM »
I spent over 2 decades buying Penguin Club seats for FB and often attended home YSU BB games almost as long. Thats alot of time and expense if I WASN'T a fan. I could have done other things and spent my $$$ elsewhere. In fact for   years , I read  this board and NEVER registered  or posted. Watched as HLecter "butchered" people on here. Laughed at the ridiculous comments posted and the dumb arguments made.  Rolled on the flooring laughing at the stupid  "analysis" made on the FB program................ and finally when I could take no more, came on and told  you the straight of what was going on and what was going to happen.  Some clowns here then made fun of me......................... until my predictions couldn't be laughed at because they had come true.  Suddenly , you said I wasn't a fan. Still , I continued  to buy Penguin Club seats for FB and attend  some BB games. But it became VERY OBVIOUS that the owner of this board and many of his cronies in the cheerleader seats  had an obvious love affair with a poor HC, no matter how long he lost and how poor a recruiter  he was. Then, the same gang demonstrated their love affair with an incompetent AD who single handedly destroyed men's  BB and almost did the same for women's BB. He should have long ago been fired and much of the underperforming athletic dept.  But you see, there  is a GOOD OLD BOY CLUB  here . Defend incompetent Heacock . Defend incompetent Strollo. Defend incompetent athletic dept.  Attack Paladin for pointing out some truth and major sins around this place. While I post here still, I stopped buying Pengu9in Club seats for FB two seasons ago and  this is the 3rd season I stopped coming to BB.  You see, I'm a reflection of attendance here as people quit coming to see incompetence  instead of excellence. Now in my circles, we still talk about the good old days  when winning was the normal, BB too. You would be amazed after you get off this good old boy board and hear what the locals ACTUALLY  say about the coaches and players. Even here, you can read about calls for recruiting more Ytown area players  ( a receipe for disaster) to get some local D-II athletes  some D-I schollies or part schollies so they came live at home  yet have the no expense of going to school. Help and undeserving kid and screw  YSU. Lots of folks know the game and how its played. So everytime I read where I'm not a fan, I   laugh and read the good old boys who claim  to be   fans while  cheerleading incompetence    and demanding the recruiting of sub- D-I players  from the area who doom the program from winning. Let me put it another way................... lots here really don't care about winning. They only care about not complaining about YSU , keeping controversy from YSU and protecting their  good old boy coach, AD and athletic  dept knuckleheads. The truth be damned .  Just promote  the university and shut up people who point out the problems.

You want  me to "offer" a solution ? Fire  the AD. Fire the athletic dept. Keep the coach until his contract runs out. No extensions. Strollo has had enough years to screw it up. The athletic dept has had enough years to screw it up. Give Bo his contract to win big and make the playoffs. Then fire him if he doesn't.

Stop with the good old boys club. Attendance won't be back until this place looks "clean  " . Oh, and nothing wrong with opinions. Did you ever stop to think YOU are wrong ?  And are only trying to suppress the truth that others know and understand ?

And  now, back to the comedy.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 02:02:54 PM by paladin »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 07:35:26 AM »
Heard this all 1,000 times before Paladin. You are way beyond justification time. You have never told us anything that we did not already know and hear many times before you typed it. We know what you are going to say before you type it ...so why bother?

You ruin every thread as people have to waste their time talking about you instead of YSU ...which is what you want in the first place. This thread is supposed to be about YSU football recruiting, so why are we wasting time with you?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 07:38:03 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2016, 08:16:11 AM »
This thread is supposed to be about YSU football recruiting, so why are we wasting time with you?

The OP of the thread is about attacking Paladin, and only secondarily about recruiting.

On many forums, such an OP would be a code of conduct violation.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2016, 11:41:49 AM »
Heard this all 1,000 times before Paladin. You are way beyond justification time. You have never told us anything that we did not already know and hear many times before you typed it. We know what you are going to say before you type it ...so why bother?

You ruin every thread as people have to waste their time talking about you instead of YSU ...which is what you want in the first place. This thread is supposed to be about YSU football recruiting, so why are we wasting time with you?
I have stopped reading his postings and responding to his comments long time ago. I do not want to waste my time on him. Others might want to do the same.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2016, 12:28:10 PM »

Now now 1-AA, don't cut off our resident know-it-all.  I think he has a point.  Fire everybody in YSU sports and let Paladin run all the programs, do all the recruiting, coaching, training, development, everything!  I'm sure he's up to it.
You know, all sports is a sum -0- game.  Add up all the wins and deduct all the losses and you get -0-.  Nobody wins every game.  Nobody wins all the championships.  We had the Bear at Alabama and now Saban, and they have a bunch of wins, but look in the middle, and not so much.   
I want YSU to win every game, but if we loose it isn't because everybody and everthing needs replaced,  It's a damn game!  I don't win every customer at work either, nobody is perfect, (except maybe guess who!)  That's why the call us fans, from fanatic. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!